No replies to this topic

#1 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

My Settings
System Specifications: Medium
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024 (dual monitor setup)
Windowed Mode: Full Window

Bugs

The rename (pencil) icon cannot be clicked over its entire surface

Visual hinting provided within components when an item is selected in the warehouse incorrectly highlights the wrong items E.g. Gyro etc.

Hovering over any piece of leg equipment shows the tooltip next to the torso instead of the leg

The tooltip provided by hovering over an installed engine has warnings such as Too heavy & Not enough slots. I haven't figured out why I get these messages or what they really mean.

The warehouse opens unexpectedly even though the cursor isn't over Warehouse.
Replication steps:
  • Change to the Expanded Layout
  • Click the Layout combo box and leave it open then move the mouse away from Warehouse until it disappears
  • Move the mouse over the left arm armour value, this will cause the warehouse to open unexpectedly

Suggestions

General

Move the Reset 'Mech to a Quick Tasks/Tools combo box, like the Layout menu. In addition, add a Max Armour option and split the Strip Mech into separate options (Strip entire mech, Strip equipment, Strip modules & Strip armour)

The loadout error/warning icons are a bit ambiguous in my opinion. Consider keeping the the yellow/red warning/critical symbol only and move the box to the bottom left, under Upgrades, so it doesn't block any of the components while your working on it.

Positioning of weapons within the component of the mech could be arranged on the Weapon Groups tab, either on a table or on a paper doll.

Weapon Groups should list the location of the weapon as well, this could be integrated with the suggestion above.

Warehouse

Rename TON(S) to TONS and AMT to QTY in favor of legibility and the more common abbreviation.

Change the design of the buttons so they look like tabs (Weapons, Ammo etc.)

'Mech Stats

Use a minimise (arrow down) and maximise (arrow down) button instead of a checkbox for the 'Mech Stats window.

Replace Slots with Free Slots instead, all mechs have the same number of slots regardless of class.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users