#581 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

I blame leftist politics for this cheating scandal. The leftists constantly promote an entitled to win mentality which is erosive to competition, respect, achievement and sportsmanship. In this instance, did a girl feel compelled to win in order to make a political /sociological point?

#582 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 13 May 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

I blame leftist politics for this cheating scandal. The leftists constantly promote an entitled to win mentality which is erosive to competition, respect, achievement and sportsmanship. In this instance, did a girl feel compelled to win in order to make a political /sociological point?

Hm. Suddenly me making a point altering a song that mocks the John Birch Society is even more fitting.

#583 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostKarl Carver, on 13 May 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Nothing kills the fun in a game faster than getting trashed by a name you know full well is a cheater, they are a cancer on a game, and perma banning them is the only counter.

If you know you are facing or are with someone you know "full well" is a cheater, why not stick it that person by declaring to the rest that you are quitting the match and that they should do the same. You are dealing with a so-called cheater anyway, right? What would be the problem doing so?

Edited by Mystere, 13 May 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#584 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

Why should someone have to throw a match cause of a cheater?

#585 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 13 May 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Time for this thread to be closed I think.

All the good info and constructive feedback have been heard (and repeated) and now the trolls are just cranking the hate machine to start arguments.

Nah, I think they need to let it continue - the community needs to have this out. Close the thread and it will just continue somewhere else. Just need to skip though the vitriol to get to the good bits ;)

#586 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 13 May 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Thank you for stating the trust and not again blame all the world's problems on the 1%. :wub:

#587 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 13 May 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Why should someone have to throw a match cause of a cheater?

As Karl said:

View PostKarl Carver, on 13 May 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Nothing kills the fun in a game faster than getting trashed by a name you know full well is a cheater ...

#588 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

I'd like to provide some additional clarification to help address some of the questions, concerns, and claims raised in this thread.

Beyond the information provided in the original post, we will not be providing any specifics regarding our protocols for investigating or confirming the use of cheat tools.

Players who have been banned for cheating are always contacted at the time of their ban and informed of the specific reasons. We do not outline our methods to those banned users, for the same reasons that we do not outline them publicly.

I understand this may seem like a lack of transparency in the eyes of some players, but I don't think it takes any kind of stretch to understand why this is the current policy.
The cat-and-mouse nature of this kind of thing, coupled with the relative size of our team (just over 50), necessitates that we keep our methods close to the chest.
Most of you seem to agree with that stance, and if you don't entirely agree with it, I hope you can at least understand where we're coming from.

On a more personal note, I realize that for some players a number of the more controversial incidences of moderation under the previous Support services may have affected their perspective on how the current Support services at PGI might continue to operate our support and moderation services going forward.
I wouldn't necessarily blame you for holding that concern, nor would I really hold it against you.

As the Customer Support Lead for PGI, be assured that any past mistakes or controversial decisions made by the previous Support systems are clear as day to me. Myself and the other members of the Support staff are constantly mindful of how we can improve, and how we can better refine our approach to more complex problems such as these.

It seems that by now this thread has long-since served its purpose of providing a momentary opportunity here on the official forums to discuss and vent about some of the recent events. I will be closing this thread after this post.

As outlined in the original post, please refrain from continuing to discuss these tools through any of the Piranha games and MechWarrior Online services, such as in-game chat or the forums.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users