Am I The Only One To Feel That Clan Mechs Are "soulless"?

121 replies to this topic

#101 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostBrody319, on 12 May 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

I agree with you but I would also include the Adder

I could see that. It doesn't do anything for me, but I know between it the Lynx and the Fox, I always WANT to like the Adder more. But it's no Urbanmech. ;)

#102 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

two words: Christmas lights.

#103 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Clan mechs feel "soulless" and lack "personality" because you can't fine tune them to how you want them to like an IS mech. The difference between driving your own suped up pinto and a beamer.

#104 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Meh... say it for yourself... Im gonna get a tattoo of my nova pretty soon... love it or leave it!

#105 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

i think Clan Need more Options for Customization,
and Customization in a way that still feels Unique to Clan,

for Example letting Clan trade Ferro for Endo,
which would add 2Tons to the MDD, SMN, GAR, WHK,
not much but could help with Weapon Sizes or Extra Ammo,

#106 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

warhawk and dire wolf really got messed up moving from art to game.

#107 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 12 May 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

To you maybe.

I play the game for the game & for the other people I get to play it with.

You might love it, but I find this game's detailed "story" items to be pretty 2 dimensional, poorly thought out and barely adolescent in it's outlook.

The overall theme and macro view is interesting though, but that still doesn't mean one mech has "more soul" than another.

I kind of agree with this. I play this game because I actually enjoy it and have fun. In all truth, the Battletech story is...well not well written. It's been accurately described as a soap opera in space, and that's probably putting it charitably. It's more like a soap opera merged with dragon ball Z.

#108 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

Of what profit is it for a man to gain the world but lose his soul? I understand what you mean, felt soulless when i was using stormcrows. Why? should have died but somehow still running around killing people because i know it has broken hitboxes. Yet some claim dats skillz. Ride my timber i feather those jets doing the same thing.. yea soulless but victory is all that matters. Clanner lore?

#109 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

@Eider
i think its less something broken and just shape, the SCR/TBR can spread Damage amazingly well,
but if you catch one running straight at you, you can down it with little trouble,

#110 Tapdancing Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

I like how each inner sphere mech has a "history" that explains the hardpoints and so on.

Omnimechs are basically just kit mechs. More built to order but without that unique feel to them.

#111 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

What we need is being able to put some decals on our mech.
Just like it is possible in some others F2P. World of Tank, or War Thunder by example.

Another stuff we NEED.... Is toilet....
Ho wait nevermind!

Clans did not had toilets in there battlemechs.

http://www.sarna.net...hnology#Cockpit

Most Inner Sphere BattleMechs have one more seat in the cockpit - a foldout toilet. Most 'Mechs dispose of the waste via a high-powered electrical arc or microwaves, and will capture water produced by incineration for flushing the waste out... the amount of endurance a 'Mech has in the field can be limited by how much toilet paper a MechWarrior chooses to carry.Spartan clan cockpits rarely have toilets.

#112 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

pgi should urgently draw a toilet in every is cockpit

#113 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

If clan pilots don't have toilets in their cockpits, how the hell do they do when they have to... you know?

From what i know, a mechwarrior could pilot it's mech for days on long campaigns, and stepping outside of ones cockpit seems pretty risky (honorless IS has snipers, right?). Do they just make a mess in their cockpit?

I half expect honorless IS to try to keep Clan mech pilots costantly on their toes, never able to leave their mechs, making their life (and cockpits) as miserable as possible...

#114 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

>If clan pilots don't have toilets in their cockpits, how the hell do they do when they have to... you know?

if your clan gives you the order that you shouldn't feel that urge, you shouldn't!

besides, clanners are like magical girls from anime i.e. they want to benefit humanity, magical girls don't visit a bathroom so clanners probably don't have a need too

#115 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

The Clans had ritualized warfare to such a degree that their Trials tended to take hours to complete at most. Not (truthfully) stating their forces, sticking to an agreed upon battlefield, focus firing and stringing out battles through things like guerilla warfare were all things that made the IS forces dezgra in the eyes of the clanners.

It could also seriously drag out battles. Imagine how pissed off those clanner pilots were when they REALLY needed to go, but the fight just dragged on. Now imagine how they would feel if the fight would have dragged on BEYOND that point...

#116 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:39 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 13 May 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

>If clan pilots don't have toilets in their cockpits, how the hell do they do when they have to... you know?

if your clan gives you the order that you shouldn't feel that urge, you shouldn't!

besides, clanners are like magical girls from anime i.e. they want to benefit humanity, magical girls don't visit a bathroom so clanners probably don't have a need too

Its true Inner Sphere pilots have proper toilets in their mechs. It is rumoured Clan pilots wear diapers.

#117 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

well, mechs should restock their ammo etc, i suppose the pilot can go to drink a cup coffee and to visit a bathroom, for days long missions they probably had portable toilets or something

View PostSnagaDance, on 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

It could also seriously drag out battles. Imagine how pissed off those clanner pilots were when they REALLY needed to go, but the fight just dragged on. Now imagine how they would feel if the fight would have dragged on BEYOND that point...

imagine what they did with is mechs when they finally found them :3

p.s. the remembrance even has a passage about it... well, i suppose it's related

Like shining stars the warrior's descended,
A fiery rain to purify and punish,
Yet even angels can be corrupted,
Brought low by base desires.
-- The Remembrance, Passage 25, Verse 3, Lines 9-11

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 13 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#118 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 13 May 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

A fiery rain to purify and punish,

So you're saying it burns when you PPC?

#119 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

When I first started the game I was drawn to the Clans as I have recollections of the Timber Wolf when I was younger and it was cool, but aside from my nostalgia for the timber wolf, most of the clan mechs seem to blend into each other, they just seem to get bigger but the basic design remains the same.

You can kind of trace the kit fox/adder through the stormcrow/nova to the mad dog and timber wolf. That plus you don't get to customise them as much as IS mechs kind of swung me to playing IS mechs more. Yeah they are vaguely humanoid but a lot of them incorporate weird aspects to them such as the previously mention Hunchback, or the Centurion, or the Atlas etc etc, then you add your ideal weaponry to them and they become yours more than the Clan mechs do.

I love customising stuff, I wish I could go to town on painting them etc but it's a bit restrictive.

#120 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

The Clans had ritualized warfare to such a degree that their Trials tended to take hours to complete at most. Not (truthfully) stating their forces, sticking to an agreed upon battlefield, focus firing and stringing out battles through things like guerilla warfare were all things that made the IS forces dezgra in the eyes of the clanners.

Hey, the reason terrorism and low intensity warfare in general exists today is that sometimes your country ends up fighting with another country whose army is vastly superior to yours. Use all the advantages you have, including dirty bombs. If toilets are an advantage you have and your opponent lacks...Poo like your freedom depends on it.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users