49 replies to this topic

#41 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostJohndar, on 12 May 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Total? About 50K. Still playing? We'll see at the end of the poll.

I had trouble finding the poll. I imagine others will as well. Only so much you can do to care in a busy day.

#42 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 13 May 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

That's really not a bad idea... MORE maps, even if some are the crappy old ones, are pretty desperately needed... Though, with dynamic weather and TOD, maybe we'll feel that less...

Even so, smaller maps like River City and Forest Colony can still shine in 4 vs. 4 or 8 vs. 8 private matches. And PGI wouldn't have any extra work to keep them in the game files.

#43 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

The loudest voice are the ~97% of founders on the island ... (that didn't vote, because they don't care anymore)

#44 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostOdanan, on 13 May 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Even so, smaller maps like River City and Forest Colony can still shine in 4 vs. 4 or 8 vs. 8 private matches. And PGI wouldn't have any extra work to keep them in the game files.

You're quite correct... I phrased that poorly. I don't think any of the maps are crappy, honestly. Forest Colony is the only one that really bothered me, and that was only because it was too small for 12v12, it was great when it was 8v8.

I'm gonna go back and edit that post :P

I'd even say leave the current River City, Frozen City, and Alpine in the regular rotation. Forest should be pulled for smaller private matches, or masochists though...

#45 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Forest colony, please fix the lighting in the cave - it is rubbish/blurry even with night vision and heat vision. Maybe make the tunnel network more extensive?

Maybe add a colony dropship/landing zone that could form an element for the fight?

Have the bay still, but with land on the other side and more of the weird karst style outcrops.

Could be even cooler to having mining tunnels to run around.

All random ideas..

#46 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 12 May 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Im so conflicted about Forest Colony, i hate it so much everything in me says, dont touch it, dont waste time on it and just remove it entirely from the game. But then again that hardly is an option is it? So go away and revamp FC asap. make it much larger if not also longer, tunnel could be the center piece with many entrance.

forest colony was grate before it became 12v12 biggest problem is getting choked between your team mates especially if you are a light.

#47 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 13 May 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

Forest colony, please fix the lighting in the cave - it is rubbish/blurry even with night vision and heat vision. Maybe make the tunnel network more extensive?

Maybe add a colony dropship/landing zone that could form an element for the fight?

Have the bay still, but with land on the other side and more of the weird karst style outcrops.

Could be even cooler to having mining tunnels to run around.

All random ideas..

probably not going to see extensive changes to existing features if river city is anything to go by tho if the cave was darker but also had better night vishion quolity that would be good tho I don't know if it is possible to tweak lighting in specific places other then buy adding new light sources. mane changers will likely be more parths to take, would like it if they expanded it more to the hill side with more sporadic terrain like bog with rock outcrops and corpses of destructible trees rather then trenches like most maps. and if they expand the other side they could put some rocks in closer to the coast.

#48 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

View PostOdanan, on 13 May 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

iv sead it before but they should really make extra big maps that can be turned into many maps with different sizes for different game modes CW and standard each map would take more work but the output would be worth it plus if we are dropping on river city we wouldn't know what part we would be fighting over so players would need to adapt and change up tactics rather then moving to the one area every one fights at like the citadel in river city.

#49 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Colors... the Colors PLEASE!!!
All the colors in forest Colony blend together into one Gray Green haze.
Please... a little Contrast and color variation!

I dont know why i bother... no one will hear me.

Edited by FrontGuard, 14 May 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#50 Cataclysm315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 217 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

Thanks a lot for the chance to vote, for an epic challenge weekend and most of all for not forgetting us founders. Really makes us feel like we are part of the game. Investing in this game all that time ago was one of the best gaming decisions I have made, keep up the amazing work :D

View PostFrontGuard, on 14 May 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Colors... the Colors PLEASE!!!
All the colors in forest Colony blend together into one Gray Green haze.
Please... a little Contrast and color variation!

I dont know why i bother... no one will hear me.

I think I know where you are coming from, but at the same time I think that map is meant to be gloomy. We do have other maps that are more lush.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users