I Really Want Clan Wave 3 Mechs..

22 replies to this topic

#1 Duck Hunt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

:Disclaimer- This thread is all about me myself and I. If you don't like that move on!:

So I really want to buy clan wave 3, I like the mechs and the nostalgia they give me from previous games..

But I really hated clan wave 2 mechs and still feel ripped off about buying them.

What to do?!?!

Give PGI moar moneyz?
Or wait and buy dem with cbills

::UPDATE:: Bought clan wave 3 tier 2 today.
apparently I missed out on some bonus stuff for not buying it sooner

Edited by Duck Hunt, 12 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#2 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

No rush man, take some time to think about it. :)

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

The good news is that literally every mech in Wave 3 will beat Wave 2, and even some of Wave 1. The Cheetah will be the best Clan light and tied for best overall light if not the very best, and Shadow Cat should probably be a nice medium, the Cauldron Born will be amazeballs spectacular and the second best heavy, and the Executioner should probably be reasonably decent even if not entirely optimal.

The only one that has a large chance of going "wrong" is the Gladiator, but even then there is no way it won't beat the Gargles.

#4 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

My body is ready for the Arctic Cheetah.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun with Garglesv2 the Executioner.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

Wave III will generally be better, unless they really gimp the agility (torso twist angle and such)

That could hurt the Hankyu a fair bit, but unless they really go all out on pre-emptive nerfing, it will be good.

SHC will be a fat, jumping, ECM capable Adder. Similar hardpoints (but better locations, high mounted), identical pod space, but will be able to run faster in short bursts.

Ebon Jaguar will have 28.5 tons of pod space, highest of any Clan heavy (...and most Assaults....)

Executioner...will be better than Mr Gargles.

#6 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostFupDup, on 12 May 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

The Cheetah will be the best Clan light and tied for best overall light if not the very best,

I would argue that the Cheetah will be the best clan light for the thing most people seem to want clan lights to do. Team support is not a position that lights are incapable of fulfilling, and the Kit Fox and Adder do that, at the very least, decently.

#7 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

I stopped at the ebon jag level, because i see more potential flaws in the exe and how it relates to my playstyle.

The potential in the jag and cheetah is huge, especailly if you dont own madcats.

#8 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

I love my Gargoyles, and the Executioner looks beautiful so I bought wave 3 within like 10 minutes of it going up.

#9 Duck Hunt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

I bought tier 2 I really want the shadowcat!

#10 FluffehBunneh

• PipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

You'll be missing pretty much all of the previous pre-ordering bonuses though if you buy it now.

If you're patient enough, another option would be to just "C-Bills" what you want from Wave 3 and pre-order the next Clam Pack when it comes out.

#11 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

Wave two has two good mechs.

#12 Duck Hunt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostFluffehBunneh, on 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

You'll be missing pretty much all of the previous pre-ordering bonuses though if you buy it now.

If you're patient enough, another option would be to just "C-Bills" what you want from Wave 3 and pre-order the next Clam Pack when it comes out.
what did I miss out on?I just bought tier 2 today.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

Taking into consideration the recent drop deck equalization. 240/240 I fully expect nerfs coming to the top Omni mechs is on the way.

The point is I dont expect Wave 3 mechs to be under powered or over powered. I am guessing they will be fairly well balanced for their role against other Omni mechs.

As an example of roles is the Gargoyle wont win a straight out slug fest vrs another wieght of its size but it will be able to hunt lighter mechs way better and use its speed to its advantage. Cant figure that out get back in game you need more practice piloting.

Anyway. Get Clan Wave 3 if you like the mechs and want the rewards etc.

Like someone already said theres no rush.

I suppose a good question is what roles are the Wave 3 Omni mechs designed for? Omni mechs have slow large payload light Omni mechs in game now and Wave 3 has a fast light. Not sure about how the rest tally.

Just checked out the Wave 3 page now and the Assault looks like it will be a close quarters nightmare but weaker at range. Could be totally wrong.

Edited by Johnny Z, 12 May 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#14 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

Wave 2 had a couple good mechs (HBR and MDD).
I ala carted the HBR and got the MDD for MC when it arrived.
Besides those two, the rest of Wave 2 was forgettable for me.

Now... Wave 3. Mostly all of those mechs I really dig!
I like how they look, I like the hardpoint distribution, and I like that ECM comes with two.
So, there's value in getting the pack for me- I went Ebon Jag Pack because Cheetah, SCat and Caldron-Born are going to be enjoyable for me.

Edited by SkyHammr, 12 May 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#15 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 12 May 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

I would argue that the Cheetah will be the best clan light for the thing most people seem to want clan lights to do. Team support is not a position that lights are incapable of fulfilling, and the Kit Fox and Adder do that, at the very least, decently.

Arctic Cheetah will be a better Kit Fox than the Kit Fox because it gets more true doubles and has higher mounts.
And no, the Adder does not support a team well, unless you happen to bring streaks against a team with multiple light mechs.

Plus, compared to the Raven, the Kit Fox and Adder are just plain awful.

Edited by Fate 6, 12 May 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#16 FluffehBunneh

• PipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostDuck Hunt, on 12 May 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

what did I miss out on?I just bought tier 2 today.

If i'm not mistaken, by ordering a Tier 2 pack from Wave 3 today, you might have missed 2 extra mechs (a 4th Arctic and a 4th Shadow Kitty) + 1 unlocked camo for these two mechs (the "early adopter" bonus), about 40 days of premium, a couple of modules, colors and cockpit items.

You will still get the extra reward from "Month 3" though (7 days of premium and a cockpit item).

#17 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 12 May 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

The only one that has a large chance of going "wrong" is the Gladiator, but even then there is no way it won't beat the Gargles.

View PostDeathlike, on 12 May 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun with Garglesv2 the Executioner.

View PostMcgral18, on 12 May 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Executioner...will be better than Mr Gargles.

Talk about damning with faint praise... :)

If the Executioner can't at least be compared to the Warhawk it'll be DOA. Mr. Gargles isn't a valid baseline... he's desperately in need of quirking to rise to that level.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 12 May 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Talk about damning with faint praise... :)

If the Executioner can't at least be compared to the Warhawk it'll be DOA. Mr. Gargles isn't a valid baseline... he's desperately in need of quirking to rise to that level.

The Exe will easily be more durable than the Peacedove, due to being humanoid, heavier, and not being shaped the same as the most powerful mech in the game (Dire Whale). MASC might or might not be a gamechanger, we'll have to wait for info. The hoverjets are a consolation prize for clearing pebbles and bicycles parked in the street.

On the other hand, most of its hardpoints seem to be mounted rather low (Exe will be Gargles sized, so the arm hardpoints will be equal height), and it has quite a bit less pod space.

I'm expecting about T3 at worst and T2 at best. Doesn't seem to have the "perfect storm" to be T1, but also has enough to work with to not be in the T4 ghetto. Sure as hell nowhere near T5.

Edited by FupDup, 12 May 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#19 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

I have W3, but I would like W4 too.

Firemoth;
Viper; to round off the original 16
Night Gyr; and
Turkina as the new entrants

To make up the 1/1/1/1 package.

But I would like R3 even more. R2 was too laser-heavy. I need a

Javelin;
Assassin;
Hammerhands/Exterminator/Dragoon; and
Cyclops

Package to balance.

Unfortunately, based on trends, R3 will only see light (cbills) earliest Fall 2016

#20 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

Considering that I was only able to elite my Direwolf and Adder (my SCR/TBRs are still half-done in basic) and my next closest to elite is probably my Warhawk, I'll probably save up my pennies for something else. Still waiting on Clops. :ph34r:

Clan mechs are great and all but I just have more fun in my IS mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users