#1 Mordric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 237 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'm hoping that with the new map system, We will get to see the city or planet transform from recently evacuated to total ruins! Let's see drop ships coming in hot under fire, orbital gun taking bombardment for the sky's, and fighters shooting it out all the wile the mechs deploy for our battle. Over the course of the day we will see the ships crashed into pieces, mechs scattered over the battle field, orbital guns burning. building that once stood tall, are only half standing.

And throw in some affects like blowing wind, smoke, fire, dust and snow.

#2 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

That would be really interesting.
I don't believe it would be too difficult to add in an adjustable layer for some background effects like there are in river city.
Additional sounds of warfare that can be scaled from nothing up to full raging battle, thing like artillery noises, explosions, jets flying overhead, AA, Helicopters flying past.
Some effects in the sky for the flash of explosions and tracer fire, also scaled up.
I wouldn't expect these background effects to be any more difficult than adding in different weather or dynamic time of day and it doesn't need to be anything more than a variable that's randomly selected when the map is.

Seeing some other effects like the drop ships flying about would be vey cool.
They don't need to be involved in the match though and have an effect on what the players are doing, but seeing them flying high overhead or in the distance would give the sense that the match is part of something bigger.

If they can add adjustable features to the maps which could alter cover, access ways and the terrain, that would be pretty amazing and well worth developing.
The recent concepts for river city which showed the rocks in the river for example. If they were removed and then as a random component a crashed dropship could appear there sometimes, or the bridge might be destroyed in some instances.
Different buildings could be destroyed etc.

Awesome stuff.
Great suggestion Mordric.

#3 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

A great suggestion, one that I would love to see. However the most basic mechanics of this game are still being worked on and I feel as much as this would really add to the game, the priority should be to fix the MatchMaking disbalance and even remove the stupidity of the PSR version of teamwork. Then we can look forward to great stuff like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users