Clan Wave 3 Ultra Ac/20

19 replies to this topic

#1 AirOne13

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

this is a new weapon right ? you can see it on the jaguar and executioner loadout details or its just a clan mech special weapon ? i only own IS for now and i dont see any ultra ac/20 in the shop

Edited by AirOne13, 13 May 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

The IS will only have UAC 5 until after 3055.

The Clan mechs already have UAC2, 5, 10, and 20. They also have LBX 2, 5, 10, and 20.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

no, it's an already existing weapon, costs 960k c-bills

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostAirOne13, on 13 May 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

this is a new weapon right ? you can see it on the jaguar and executioner loadout details or its just a clan mech special weapon ? i only own IS for now and i dont see any ultra ac/20 in the shop

It is a weapon developed in Clan technology but not in Inner Sphere technology. (This is because in lore the Inner Sphere's constant wars have cause them to repeatedly lose technological advances that they make to the point that many pieces of tech you see in MWO were wiped out and redeveloped recently. On the other hand what is now the Clans may have only made some technological developments in the last 300 years since they exiled themselves from the IS [back then they were known as the Star League], they have not wiped out any of their technology.)

Using the Nova, UAC/20 + lots of MGs on the public test server (before Clans were officially released on the main game).

#5 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

It is a weapon developed in Clan technology but not in Inner Sphere technology. (This is because in lore the Inner Sphere's constant wars have cause them to repeatedly lose technological advances that they make to the point that many pieces of tech you see in MWO were wiped out and redeveloped recently. On the other hand what is now the Clans may have only made some technological developments in the last 300 years since they exiled themselves from the IS [back then they were known as the Star League], they have not wiped out any of their technology.)

And just te be pedantic OP ;) the IS never lost the UAC/20 technology because they never developed it. At the fall of the Star League only the UAC/5 existed. The subsequent wars caused the complete loss of UAC technology in the IS in 2915. As they couldn't even keep the tech they had, developing it even further was out of the question.

Clan scientists though went: "Ultra ALL of the autocannons!!", with the UAC/20 being developed in 2825 by Clan Steel Viper.

Being presented with Clan Tech in a rather in your face manner it took until 3060 for the Lyran Alliance to develop the UAC/20 for the IS.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

Clan tech can only be put on Clan Mechs, so for example the IS do not yet have ER Medium or Small Lasers, and only have 1 type of LBX AC (LBX10) and only 1 UAC (the UAC5), same with SSRMs (IS only has the SSRM2)
while the Clans have full sets of those weapon types due to the Lost Tech(noligy) mentioned above by Koniving and SnagaDance

when the timeline is allowed to move forwards new weapons will be introduced for both Clans and IS

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 13 May 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

One advantage the Inner Sphere is largely meant to have over the Clans, is a wide assortment of ammunition types for missiles and autocannons.

Standard ACs can use almost every type of ammunition (not yet implemented in MWO).
LBX autocannons can use Cluster Shot and standard AC ammunition (not implemented in MWO).
Ultra ACs can only use their modified standard ammunition.

In the case of ACs, Clans will have two to three types of ammo depending on if you see a difference between modified standard ammunition and standard ammunition. The IS for ACs alone have between 5 and 9 potential types of ammo.

The question is when and if we'll get them in MWO.

#8 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

If the IS gets the UAC20 I'm going on a small MWO vacation for about 70 years.

#9 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 13 May 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

The IS version would function the same as the Clan version but would be heavier, so what's to fear?

#10 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

80 pinpoint damage from Jagers, for example? The clan versions are much worse, IMO... especially against circling targets.

#11 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 13 May 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

The IS version would function the same as the Clan version but would be heavier, so what's to fear?

No, It wouldn't. Clan Ultras fire per bulk, whilst IS fire per shot.

Example: Clan Ultra 5 fires 3 shots, if all shots land, does full damage.
Inner Sphere Fires 1 shot, full damage.

If IS got Ultra 10 and 20s, you can expect the IS to become that much more OP, becasue while they weigh more, the heavier ones shall take up less Crit slots (excluding the Ultra 2 and Ultra 5).

So that means if you take 2 Ultra 20s on a King Crab, you basically have AC/80.

#12 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

Using the Nova, UAC/20 + lots of MGs on the public test server (before Clans were officially released on the main game).

Kon, is that BMG from Total Annihilation?

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

View Postrolly, on 13 May 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Kon, is that BMG from Total Annihilation?

Yep. One of several soundtracks I frequently use. :D Among the best games ever.

Btw, did you know the Supreme Commander series was meant to be prequels to TA... but the company couldn't secure the license so "Total Annihilation: Supreme Commander" had the TA removed from the title. This is why the same voice narrator and sort of 'theme' went on despite it claiming to be a different game after the fact.

Planetary Annihilation however, did secure the rights and license.

(Oh and the UI music is from Front Mission Evolved. The rest is from TA.)

Edited by Koniving, 13 May 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 13 May 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

No, It wouldn't. Clan Ultras fire per bulk, whilst IS fire per shot. Example: Clan Ultra 5 fires 3 shots, if all shots land, does full damage. Inner Sphere Fires 1 shot, full damage. If IS got Ultra 10 and 20s, you can expect the IS to become that much more OP, becasue while they weigh more, the heavier ones shall take up less Crit slots (excluding the Ultra 2 and Ultra 5). So that means if you take 2 Ultra 20s on a King Crab, you basically have AC/80.

I believe Snaga meant that the IS will get the UAC 20 that the clans currently have, but it will be bigger, and heavier. (i.e. it will fire 4 shots of 5 damage each. Not double tap single shot 20 damage shells.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 13 May 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

I believe Snaga meant that the IS will get the UAC 20 that the clans currently have, but it will be bigger, and heavier. (i.e. it will fire 4 shots of 5 damage each. Not double tap single shot 20 damage shells.

I read it that way as well. But I also see Scout's point -- and firmly agree with it.

It'd be neat if it were akin to Snaga's perception of the IS Ultra/20 in MWO... but short of the IS Ultra/5 turning into a 2 shot weapon (to get 5 damage) instead of a 1 shot weapon, that'd hardly be fair... Since IS Ultra/2 would be 1 shot anyway... but the UAC/10 would be forced as a 3 shot, if the Ultra/20 is a 4 shot. That'd leave the IS Ultra/5 as the most powerful AC available unless changed.

#16 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 13 May 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

80 pinpoint damage from Jagers, for example? The clan versions are much worse, IMO... especially against circling targets.

Any movement at all makes them seem like extra heavy lasers. Only with worse HSR.

#17 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Yes, it will be interesting to say the least what the Devs plan to do about IS Ultra's as the IS Ultra Ac5 should technically perform the same as a Clan Ultra AC5 except way a bit more.

#18 Kiriesani

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 67 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA, Illinois

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 13 May 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

IS ultra 20 would take up too many slots to actually fit on the mech. Well, almost anyway. Not to mention getting crit immediately.

Edited by Kiriesani, 18 May 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#19 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 13 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

And just te be pedantic OP ;) the IS never lost the UAC/20 technology because they never developed it. At the fall of the Star League only the UAC/5 existed. The subsequent wars caused the complete loss of UAC technology in the IS in 2915. As they couldn't even keep the tech they had, developing it even further was out of the question.

Clan scientists though went: "Ultra ALL of the autocannons!!", with the UAC/20 being developed in 2825 by Clan Steel Viper.

Being presented with Clan Tech in a rather in your face manner it took until 3060 for the Lyran Alliance to develop the UAC/20 for the IS.

From memory the UAC 20 was in testing or planned to be made before the fall of the star league. I know it wasn't produced in mass but I think/ thought it existed in a minor fashion. (could be bugged/ jammed way to much. the same way how IS have had streak SRM 6's for a long time now but they fail and never saw combat as it bared issues or something from memory that I vaguely remember...)

#20 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

All types of UAC shoots series of rounds, IS or clans. Ingame IS (U)AC is not MW canon and acts like canonical RIFLE tecnology weaponry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users