Scouting Is Kinda Dominated By Clanners At This Point

8 replies to this topic

#1 ConfettiHunter

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

this is a little bit of a whinge by me but i feel like scouting is unbalanced between IS and clanners. considering that several mechs in the clans are devastating to anything smaller then a heavy. im not saying clanners are unbeatable. but at this point it takes so much organisation to deal with a stormcrow or jenner IIC rush.

the stormcrows speed and firepower with the added lock on of streak SRM6s kinda makes them too perfect for this game mode.

and the jenner IIC is just a smaller, less armed and armored, faster version of the stormcrow (the ultimate light hunter IMO)

i don't think the mechs themselves are op considering these mechs only really excel in this game mode
i personally believe something should change within the game mode.
also i'm not saying IS have no mechs to combat them. its just i feel like the clanners have the advantage in most categories in this game mode.

what are your opinions on this situation?

Edited by ConfettiHunter, 16 September 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#2 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

I agree with the statement that Clans have an advantage in this mode, but I'm not sure what to do about it.
IS has a brawling advantage, which of course doesn't come into play in Scouting, but the Clans could rightly argue that should be nerfed as well to keep things "balanced".

The clans can be beaten, and it usually requires the IS team to outmaneouver or otherwise outpilot the Clan team. That isn't such a terrible thing, and makes victory all the sweeter. Of course, it totally sucks getting repeatedly stomped by coordinated teams of Stromcrows. Can't really blame them for using the most effective tactic. We would do the same.

#3 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Will 50 tonn limit (or 45) help?

#4 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:39 AM

From my personal experience; Streak SRMs and Flamers are among the most imbalanced (Not overpowered) weapons in MWO. I believe they both need to be adjusted.

#5 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

MWO can't make medium mechs very well. Some work, some don't, some work very well. I've beaten Clans and beaten IS. Range the Stormcrow and other SSRMs, Lasers work faster than SSRMs. Use tactics. It really comes down to the pilots. SSRMs take time to lock and fire, put some obstacles to missile paths in the area you fight. Buildings, hills, etc. The IS team I fought today killed my Shadow Cat in about 20 seconds, but the Scat is made of glass. Big hit-boxes, supposed to be balanced by MASC which is crap.

#6 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

I don't really agree with the OP. Been wrecked plenty of times by an IS team. They have plenty of mechs that will combat clan mechs.

On the flip side, I have beaten clanners in my IS mechs plenty of times.

Maybe I am not playing it enough to see the problem, but I have played scouting a bit and it virtually always comes down to the better team, whether clan or IS.

One thing I would suggest is don't take the load out you use for QP (Solo or Group). For that matter, don't rely on the load out you use in FW Invasion for Scouting. You have to optimize your mech for scouting which might mean changing the armor around, different engine, not carrying as much ammo, etc. And don't take LRMs (I have never seen that work...it might, but I have never seen it work in scouting).

#7 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:12 AM

The Cheese Crow ruins scouting and anything else boating streaks.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 September 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

The Cheese Crow ruins scouting and anything else boating streaks.

just take a fats mech the crow cna't get or take a proper medium with PP damage to wreck the spreadcrows.

#9 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

Its not that PGI cant make mediums.

Its not that clan are the only firepower.

Stormcrows are obvious picks with obvious builds that work. But by NO means does that mean they are the only dominant force.

Grab a team of four Griffins with 4srm6as... thats brawling fun.

And there are actually many medium/light mechs that can do very similar builds, but that people just don't use because of weapon placement (missles in the arms) or such. But they are still very viable and in some cases run much faster than griffins.

Edited by Seddrik, 16 September 2016 - 04:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users