• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 67 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA, Illinois

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

I honestly think there should be a better way of getting CW matches. I mean I get that it's hardcore mode and all but when the entire night CSJ has 0 attackers 0 defenders I'm not going to sit in that queue and just HOPE for a battle. We're in almost exactly the place the FRR was when it had nothing AND we have the least amount of population of any faction in CW as far as I know.

If I was loyalist my unit would literally have to leave my unit (and wait out timers) or pay to the coffers just to get a match from switching factions? Should I have to make 12+ people in my unit sit in queue repeatedly for ghost drops just HOPING someone will come defend it? We literally have two defend planets and one attack planet from when I last checked. As a unit leader I have extremely unpleasant and limited options. I shouldn't have to drop like 50+ million Cbills to drop our faction (with the limited numbers we do have), then have to have everyone wait, THEN pick a new faction that might NOT HAVE FIGHTS ANYWAY.

I have a lot of ideas on ways to fix it and I could go on all day about them. Honestly though? I don't see a good way to keep CW running without 2-4 times the population. And that's population that wont come from steam because it's going to take them a long time, in general, to get up to the point where they make a difference in CW.

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostKiriesani, on 13 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I honestly think there should be a better way of getting CW matches. I mean I get that it's hardcore mode and all but when the entire night CSJ has 0 attackers 0 defenders I'm not going to sit in that queue and just HOPE for a battle. We're in almost exactly the place the FRR was when it had nothing AND we have the least amount of population of any faction in CW as far as I know.

If I was loyalist my unit would literally have to leave my unit (and wait out timers) or pay to the coffers just to get a match from switching factions? Should I have to make 12+ people in my unit sit in queue repeatedly for ghost drops just HOPING someone will come defend it? We literally have two defend planets and one attack planet from when I last checked. As a unit leader I have extremely unpleasant and limited options. I shouldn't have to drop like 50+ million Cbills to drop our faction (with the limited numbers we do have), then have to have everyone wait, THEN pick a new faction that might NOT HAVE FIGHTS ANYWAY.

I have a lot of ideas on ways to fix it and I could go on all day about them. Honestly though? I don't see a good way to keep CW running without 2-4 times the population. And that's population that wont come from steam because it's going to take them a long time, in general, to get up to the point where they make a difference in CW.

We have a unit of 100 plus....so we feel your pain.

As of right now we are looking at other options as well....Being this outnumbered coupled with the BS algorithm they put in we dont have enough units on hand or enough time any given night to make a difference in CW now. PGI needs to fire whoever thought making this algorithm work this way would actually HELP less populated factions.

#3 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

I agree Kiriesani, It's just... empty.

But when we do get a fight, we get piss odds against -MS- most of the time. I'm not saying they're a bad unit, I'm saying that there's no Smoke Jaguar pugs as good as them.

So in short, we need a fix of some sort while the mainstream clans are away, else CW has a big gap.

#4 IlKhan Prepaid Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Good thing the newish planet capture system makes it super difficult to take territory that was a genius ploy by whoever lobbied for that

#5 Lanancuras

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostPrepaid Lenin, on 13 May 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

Good thing the newish planet capture system makes it super difficult to take territory that was a genius ploy by whoever lobbied for that

Actually, it made it easier for the Clans to take territory. After the first CW event the Clans barely even took a planet anymore. With the new system in place, Clan Wolf actually managed to take some planets for the first time in a very long while, although we also lost them later on.

The old system was more beneficial to the IS yes, but not to the Clans (at least not anymore ever since the first CW event).

#6 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

Try being in the FRR and having only a steiner and HK attack planet (we are supposed to be allies).... which is why i said that PGI should abandon lore and start the clans at 12, 3, 6, 9 on the clock.

Edited by nehebkau, 13 May 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

The old systems was beneficial to whoever had the most players/mercs to attack with, the new system... I understand the concept but it simply won't work with the low population and massively spread out lanes.

I would dare to guess that CW is at like a 3% or less number currently, and this new system would have even operated poorly at the 13% we had prior. Less planets would help, maybe just a simple system similar to Tuk with 3-5 total planets available per day and whoever wins the most actual drops takes a new planet in their lanes. Less options far more fights, and far easier for the server to deal with.

View Postnehebkau, on 13 May 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Try being in the FRR and having only a steiner and HK attack planet (we are supposed to be allies).... which is why i said that PGI should abandon lore and start the clans at 12, 3, 6, 9 on the clock.

Well attack them, having truces with a tiny population is fruitless.

#8 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

i think most people just play public matches now

#9 Targetloc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 963 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

View Postsycocys, on 13 May 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

The old systems was beneficial to whoever had the most players/mercs to attack with, the new system... I understand the concept but it simply won't work with the low population and massively spread out lanes.

I would dare to guess that CW is at like a 3% or less number currently, and this new system would have even operated poorly at the 13% we had prior. Less planets would help, maybe just a simple system similar to Tuk with 3-5 total planets available per day and whoever wins the most actual drops takes a new planet in their lanes. Less options far more fights, and far easier for the server to deal with.

Well attack them, having truces with a tiny population is fruitless.

The funny part is, the new system is also primarily based on total population. They fixed the issue where the outnumbered side would never get the opportunity to flip a zone, but they also doubled the amount of effort it takes to capture a planet.

A much simpler and less destructive change that would have been: the map and game mode is random, but every victory captures a zone (if there are any enemy zones to cap).

The only way to fix the population issue (without meddling with the populations themselves) is to introduce some kind of mechanic where quality can be a partial counter to quantity.

ie, a certain number of consecutive victories begin awarding additional captures (ie, a single group on the planet repeatedly beating all challengers), or ditch the 'zones' and put in some kind of Victory Point system, where kills and objectives can both contribute (so the difference between a narrow victory and a route is quantified).

#10 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

My guess is that all the solos/bads/pugs are taking the advice of the hardcore players and staying away from CW, since it was made abundantly clear that they were neither wanted nor needed (lol).

Though I find it funny that a lot of the players spouting "get good" and "join a unit" were pretty quick to jump ship when population took a nosedive.

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 13 May 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

My guess is that all the solos/bads/pugs are taking the advice of the hardcore players and staying away from CW, since it was made abundantly clear that they were neither wanted nor needed (lol).

Though I find it funny that a lot of the players spouting "get good" and "join a unit" were pretty quick to jump ship when population took a nosedive.

I doubt its just the "solos and bads" sitting out as unit participation is looking dreadfully minimal as well. Even in the regular queues I see the same small batch of players night in and night out.

#12 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

I tend to believe that we have hit this lull again where the game has seen barely any meaningful progress and quite a lot of players are getting bored with the stagnant and non-engaging assault mode system more than anything.

The long hours for the dedicated IS players to complete the poorly thought out Tuk challenge didn't help mitigate this games burnout rate either.

#13 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

There are instances where groups are having trouble finding fights over on the HK server. If you guys have a 12 man and want to battle hop over and let us know.

We mainly just want to shoot people, so if we know there is a CSJ 12 man waiting to go I'm sure most of the time we will be glad to oblige.

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 May 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

There are instances where groups are having trouble finding fights over on the HK server. If you guys have a 12 man and want to battle hop over and let us know.

We mainly just want to shoot people, so if we know there is a CSJ 12 man waiting to go I'm sure most of the time we will be glad to oblige.

Better luck finding SA groups in the normal Group queue.

CW mechanics make it no fun....wasting peeps time is more annoying then taking forever, PGI has found a way to do BOTH in that mode.

#15 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 13 May 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

I doubt its just the "solos and bads" sitting out as unit participation is looking dreadfully minimal as well. Even in the regular queues I see the same small batch of players night in and night out.

Groups can't find games if solos aren't there to fill in gaps and play fodder.

I haven't really been playing solo queue either, because it's been abandoned by pgi in favor of adding content to CW.

#16 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 14 May 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Groups can't find games if solos aren't there to fill in gaps and play fodder.

I haven't really been playing solo queue either, because it's been abandoned by pgi in favor of adding content to CW.

So thats why they are redoing River City? which is...DUDUN DU DUN! A SOLO AND GROUP MODE MAP!

#17 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 14 May 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

So thats why they are redoing River City? which is...DUDUN DU DUN! A SOLO AND GROUP MODE MAP!

Well then I guess I'll hit the solo queue when the remake comes out.

#18 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 May 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Really, the lore-fan in me cringes, but the only reason the Clans attacked from that angle was story-based. No reason they couldn't do away with the Stackpoling and just give each Clan an IS faction to attack through.

#19 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 14 May 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Really, the lore-fan in me cringes, but the only reason the Clans attacked from that angle was story-based. No reason they couldn't do away with the Stackpoling and just give each Clan an IS faction to attack through.

They should do whatever it takes to get the people who actually want to fight each other, a way to fight each other.

Edited by Skarlock, 14 May 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#20 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 14 May 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Better luck finding SA groups in the normal Group queue.

CW mechanics make it no fun....wasting peeps time is more annoying then taking forever, PGI has found a way to do BOTH in that mode.

I like the group queue, but I was just saying if you are itching for the CW game mode, we can probably try to organize CW matches.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users