21 replies to this topic

#1 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts
  • LocationForestHill, California

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

Well I thought I was going to log on and play today, but guess ill just stare at the wall until diablo servers are back up.

I have no words for this other then LOL.

Dear pig.

Always yours
-Epa

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

So much context, wow.

I'll personally enjoy the two mil C-Bills. Spent 16 million on modules this week. It is a sad day when I find modules more worth to purchase than any mechs that I do not own (I do not own 3/4 of the mechs). Gotta wait til August for the first worthy mech--the Black Jag.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 May 2015 - 02:53 AM.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

See. Now the Founders are being ignored and the Phoenix has a chance to make a difference. What did I tell you whiny bunch of babies? :P :P :P

Step up you Clanners whine to PGI for not giving YOU a chance to vote! :lol:

#4 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

See. Now the Founders are being ignored and the Phoenix has a chance to make a difference. What did I tell you whiny bunch of babies? :P :P :P

Step up you Clanners whine to PGI for not giving YOU a chance to vote! :lol:

Damn you, PGI, for not letting us clanners... OH! A shadow cat! And an Arctic Cheetah! Hit And Run: 20000 xp :P

#5 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:33 AM

Its not even that, It's like being slapped in the face again, after barely buying the phenoix pack and shortly after they release the gold clan mechs for 500$!!

I mean these guys have better things to do like make sure their webpage is actually up-to-date.

New players it's horrible!

I tried to bring several friends to this game but it not being noob friendly turned them around asap.

So many things need time spent on fixing, other then these events that almost have no benefit.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostShrekken, on 15 May 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

Damn you, PGI, for not letting us clanners... OH! A shadow cat! And an Arctic Cheetah! Hit And Run: 20000 xp :P

You sir are a goldfish! :blink:

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

Its not even that, It's like being slapped in the face again, after barely buying the phenoix pack and shortly after they release the gold clan mechs for 500$!!

I mean these guys have better things to do like make sure their webpage is actually up-to-date.

I tried to bring several friends to this game but it not being noob friendly turned them around asap.

So many things need time spent on fixing, other then these events that almost have no benefit.

So a webpage is more important than having money to pay the bills?

#7 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

Because recycling last weekends event took one of their programmers away from more important tasks for a week?

Probably took community manager half an hour to setup, a little goal to keep players interested for the weekend.

#8 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Ok, just so you know, gold mechs were IGP's idea! They insisted, bullied PGI into doing it and then kept most of the money.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 May 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

You sir are a goldfish! :blink:

I am ... what? wait! who are you? I think I've been here b... Oh!

#9 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:49 AM

Having a higher player base, more functionality in certain area's. Things to bring in new player, and keep them coming.

More players means more money... in some cases that people don't buy MC. Though that is what happens when its free to play.

THE only reason I knew MWO existed was doing a search for mw5 and found this.

There is little to no information about this game and advertisement could also help some. They need to spend less time on junk mechs and develop the core game its self.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

Having a higher player base, more functionality in certain area's. Things to bring in new player, and keep them coming.

More players means more money... in some cases that people don't buy MC. Though that is what happens when its free to play.

There is little to no information about this game and advertisement could also help some. They need to spend less time on junk mechs and develop the core game its self.
Not necessarily in a FREE to play game. How much advertising do you see for the TT game... For that matter any TT games? For the record Most of the games I found worth playing didn't have a lot of air time. The best Final Fantasy games were before FF11!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 15 May 2015 - 03:58 AM.

#11 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

I already stated that it was free to play. L2R

#12 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

Yeah, I found this game the same way before closed beta started. I think a less toxic community would help bring more players in too. But remember, PGI can only do so much at a time and they've become much better since IGP's departure, and they do have to pay bills... lots of bills. Lots of work and lots of bills just to keep mechwarrior alive for everyone.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

And your point? Because it's free to play more players does not mean more money. L2Understand

#14 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

and the Phoenix has a chance to make a difference.

Yes, the pheonix vote will make such a huge difference. So glad my voice can be heard on this important topic. :(

#15 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

Well they can do more than one thing at once and setting up a weekend challenge like this can't be all that involved as they laid the ground work long ago. If you would have normally played this weekend and now won't just because you don't like the event then well, that's kinda silly. If you are a weekend warrior and simply aren't playing because the event isn't enough to draw you in then I hope you can see one of the reasons they run events...

#16 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I like the L2R thing. :) It should be used as often as L2P.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostEpalypso, on 15 May 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

Well I thought I was going to log on and play today, but guess ill just stare at the wall until diablo servers are back up.

I have no words for this other then LOL.

Dear pig.

Always yours
-Epa

Wow. Much context, much mature. Such effective!

some folks have sand in their panties?

#18 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'm voting Alpine. Yeeeeaaaaah sexay sexay alpine...

And I'm totally using my money on LL modules.

#19 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

if you're goin to try and talk **** about the game at least have your backup actually be good. Like, have fun playing your trash tier imbalanced dungeon crawler that was complety inferior to Diablo 2

#20 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 May 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

And your point? Because it's free to play more players does not mean more money. L2Understand

More players does not guarantee more money, that is true. But it does increase the earning potential.

More people who come into the game means more chances that maybe some of them will be willing to spend money. Chances are, some will just because its new to them and exciting and they want the cool stuff.

But to me, the trick is to get them to stay. Some of them may spend a few bucks on the new shinies because its all new. But once the new wears off and they leave or decide not to spend money then PGI loses the earning potential from those players.

Its a real hum-dinger of a dilemma. The game needs to grow in order to attract and keep players and make more money. But yet needs money to grow or it will have a hard time attracting and keeping players.

Edited by JaxRiot, 15 May 2015 - 07:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users