Lastkhan's Art Thread

117 replies to this topic

#61 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

That is not nice; and it is rather unfair.
He told everyone it's the MW:4 rendition of the Mech. I am also annoyed that MW:4 is put on a pedestal here, but who am I to question his choice?

If I wanted to see a TRO:3055-like Hellhound, I'd say: "Great job, mate! I love the Mech and your interpretation is superb, based on the video game. Have you ever considered taking inspiration from the artwork in TRO:3055?" Posted Image

#62 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 17 February 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Ugh, I wish people would stop using this stupid thing. That is NOT a Hellhound. That is the unholy child of the Linebacker and the Ebon Jag. This is the Hellhound, or to go by it's proper name, the Conjurer.

Posted Image

Some of us prefer the MW4 Hellhound but obviously it doesn't quite line up with the fluff.

#63 Shinypants

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

You have a very distinct and detailed style LastKhan. Great work as usual!

I can only assume they are scanned traditional drawings? How long would a piece like the Hellhound take you to create?

#64 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have you done a Blood Asp yet? I would love to see your take on it. Especially since the way you do armor pads is so distinct.

#65 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 17 February 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Ugh, I wish people would stop using this stupid thing. That is NOT a Hellhound. That is the unholy child of the Linebacker and the Ebon Jag. This is the Hellhound, or to go by it's proper name, the Conjurer.

Posted Image

View PostFLG 01, on 17 February 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

That is not nice; and it is rather unfair.
He told everyone it's the MW:4 rendition of the Mech. I am also annoyed that MW:4 is put on a pedestal here, but who am I to question his choice?

If I wanted to see a TRO:3055-like Hellhound, I'd say: "Great job, mate! I love the Mech and your interpretation is superb, based on the video game. Have you ever considered taking inspiration from the artwork in TRO:3055?" Posted Image

Maybe i can work towards a middle ground with you guys It was also a request on deviant art and i thought "Eh ill mess with it.". Why not i do both? Yea, the mw4 version is alot more ingrained with alot of people who started off with the game. I personally started with mw2 and up before battletech table top.

View PostShinypants, on 18 February 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

You have a very distinct and detailed style LastKhan. Great work as usual!

I can only assume they are scanned traditional drawings? How long would a piece like the Hellhound take you to create?

Yup most are just me in a sketch book then i scan them on over. The "MW4" Hellhound took me about three days. Thats with getting the line down and rendered/detail, using copic sketch greys for shades and clean up. I draw on and off depending on work etc. but i still maintain drawing everyday, the down side is coming back to the same piece the next day and picking up where i left off.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 18 February 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have you done a Blood Asp yet? I would love to see your take on it. Especially since the way you do armor pads is so distinct.

no, not yet at least but ill tuck that away for later though.

#66 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

I like your work very much. You have a singular talent. I do not know if it was your intention, but to my eye I see some influence from the SteamPunk style. Looking forward to seeing more of your art. Thank you for sharing it with us!

#67 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

Hmm, since im doing the original hellhound. Should i give it like the huntsman's legs or the standard hominoid ones? id figure id ask.

#68 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hmm, since im doing the original hellhound. Should i give it like the huntsman's legs or the standard hominoid ones? id figure id ask.

I would like to see it rendered as close to the original 3055 drawing as possible. Thats just me.
Posted Image

#69 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

Dude Requ...NO offense but do you on purpose come into the forums and threads to poke the bear? I have no issue having your own opinions on the matters, you are free to express that. However your attitude towards them is very uncalled for, maybe you do not mean to be that passive aggressive in your posts. But It always comes off as you think your opinion is A. Always right, and B. The only one that matters. Your arguments over the Diamond Sharks and the Mad Cat MK series are just like this. Please tone back the aggression man, if you want to debate stuff you can not come in throw your argument around as the only right argument ect.

Take it down a notch man :)

#70 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostMax OConnor, on 18 February 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

I would like to see it rendered as close to the original 3055 drawing as possible. Thats just me.
Posted Image

Hmm, i never really like the handgun laser thing. Idk to me looks like a cheap minion that gets blasted away by gundams.

View PostCK16, on 18 February 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Dude Requ...NO offense but do you on purpose come into the forums and threads to poke the bear? I have no issue having your own opinions on the matters, you are free to express that. However your attitude towards them is very uncalled for, maybe you do not mean to be that passive aggressive in your posts. But It always comes off as you think your opinion is A. Always right, and B. The only one that matters. Your arguments over the Diamond Sharks and the Mad Cat MK series are just like this. Please tone back the aggression man, if you want to debate stuff you can not come in throw your argument around as the only right argument ect.

Take it down a notch man Posted Image

Meh, i dont mind its his personal opinion. if anything if i didnt want it i can just disregard it. i like to find a middle ground, It is a weird thing there are two types of the same mech. To me i think both mechs deserve a place.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#71 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostCK16, on 18 February 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Take it down a notch man Posted Image

Sorry, but on these forums, if you aren't harsh, people ignore you. Plus, with thick-headed ******* like Imperious and MrMadGuy around, you can't really be civil with them, otherwise they bash you around and treat you like ****.

#72 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 18 February 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sorry, but on these forums, if you aren't harsh, people ignore you. Plus, with thick-headed ******* like Imperious and MrMadGuy around, you can't really be civil with them, otherwise they bash you around and treat you like ****.

See a flaw with that mindset but whatever. I honestly dont mind the criticism if its constructive and not pants on head rage. Lets keep that not on topic junk outta here.

#73 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Well according to lore the Hellhound is actually the Wolverine IIc but Clan Wolverine is basically a bad word for them they gave it a new name. So personally I'd think you could take influence from MWO's Wolverine

Edited by TheArisen, 18 February 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#74 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

I'd go humanoid, Khan. I mean, I think digitigrade looks amazing, and I'd go Franks Redhot with it, normally. However, being a Wolverine IIC, I'd focus on the original Wolverine series mech, and clanify it with the appropriate weapon loadouts.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 February 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#75 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 February 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'd go humanoid, Khan. I mean, I think digitigrade looks amazing, and I'd go Franks Redhot with it, normally. However, being a Wolverine IIC, I'd focus on the original Wolverine series mech, and clanify it with the appropriate weapon loadouts.

This is exactly why I think the Wolverine IIC and MW4 Hellhound are two different mechs... The IS called the Wolverine IIC the Hellhound, even with it's official name being "Conjurer", while the Hellhound was developed some time in the later 3050's / early 3060's by one of the Clans for combat with IS forces.

#76 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 February 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

This is exactly why I think the Wolverine IIC and MW4 Hellhound are two different mechs... The IS called the Wolverine IIC the Hellhound, even with it's official name being "Conjurer", while the Hellhound was developed some time in the later 3050's / early 3060's by one of the Clans for combat with IS forces.

I like that. It's a good avenue to make both sides happy.

#77 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 20 February 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

I like that. It's a good avenue to make both sides happy.

It seemed like the most elegant solution... other than Microsoft ****ed up...

Edited by Metus regem, 21 February 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#78 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

Conjurer took a backseat for a moment for the Thug. I have it almost finished as well.

Posted Image

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 04 March 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Conjurer took a backseat for a moment for the Thug. I have it almost finished as well.

Posted Image

Cool! No where's your Deputy Dawg?

#80 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2017 - 08:02 PM, said: