So Pgi, When You Make This Poll About Phoenix Packs ...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

The story is that we Phoenix owners may get asked if we are OK with Phoenix being sold again.

Instead of just 'yes' and 'no' options, I'd like to request a third choice:

Yes, but without the same paint scheme, colors, and (P) designation.

This would leave first wave Phoenix buyers with something 'exclusive' while letting other people access those chassis. Re-skin and re-tag Phoenix, and I don't mind you selling them again.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

at least we have the exclusive flame camo... oh wait. :ph34r:

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

Without the paint scheme, colors, and (P)? So... Just the basic variants which you can already get? :mellow:

Honestly, i, personally, didn't buy the Phoenix pack and i won't buy it if they reintroduce it. I'd also vote "No", if i was a Phoenix, because it'd be as stupid as selling Founders packs again (which i'd actually buy, at least the Catapult; <3 the pointy nose)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 15 May 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 15 May 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

The story is that we Phoenix owners may get asked if we are OK with Phoenix being sold again.

Instead of just 'yes' and 'no' options, I'd like to request a third choice:

Yes, but without the same paint scheme, colors, and (P) designation.

This would leave first wave Phoenix buyers with something 'exclusive' while letting other people access those chassis. Re-skin and re-tag Phoenix, and I don't mind you selling them again.

Er... There's a lot more that was exclusive to phoenix purchasers that you didn't list. People who bought the Phoenix pack beforehand also got 30 days premium time, hot-rod camo for the mechs, hot-rod colours, phoenix colours, medallions, and cockpit mugs.

So, I'm going to have to disagree with you.
People who buy the phoenix pack if it comes back from the ashes -should- get the (P) designation, and the Phoenix mechs should get the camo (and the colours if it wasnt an early bird special before). Just as they would with any other pack. But the early bird content that I listed before will continue to remain solely for those who preordered the first time, and would not be available this time.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 15 May 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,858 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

the way i see it, when you buy a mech pack, what you are really buying is exclusive access to new content. that exclusive access ends when those mechs go up for cbills. it doesn't make much sense to stop selling the packs though, they are still a value against buying all the content separately. more stuff for sale funds the continuation of development after all.

pgi could make a lot of money running the packs through an expensive exclusive phase like they do now. then do a cost reduction phase (you might also be able to get them for mc but not cb at this point), and then a free phase (cbills). after that you would take the packs down for a for a few months, come back later and do a reissue with new exclusive content (skins, varients, etc). early buy ins already get a ton of loyalty rewards already, and you would just reduce these with each reissue.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

View Post627, on 15 May 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

at least we have the exclusive flame camo... oh wait. :ph34r:

Just make it to the top 5 and you'll have the exclusive "Phraken" camo ;)

#7 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 May 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

Just make it to the top 5 and you'll have the exclusive "Phraken" camo ;)

...that you can't ever use on the "exclusive" mech you have to pilot for the event...

#8 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

I'm just asking for the option on the poll. There are at least a few Phoenix owners who want to hold PGI to their word on the pack never being offered again. I'm trying to give PGI a way to bring those guys around, by keeping the important parts of what made Phoenix exclusive.

The special geometry is the only other item of significance, and I think asking PGI to redo it could lead to more trouble than it's worth.

The early bird stuff, medallions and mugs never struck me as terribly important, PGI is welcome to re-issue that if they like. There's nothing about it that feels terribly exclusive, though I suppose if other Phoenix drivers feel like the medallions should be exclusive, that might be an option too.

Edited by Malleus011, 16 May 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#9 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

I say let the third option be this:

Yes, but not with the same Mech varians that were released originally. Instead, provide new variants (including the ones that were released after the originals). That would make a second pack unique while maintaining the specialness of the original Phoenix Pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users