Cgbi, And Why.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'm an old player, since the days of closed beta, tripping mechs, and the nightmares of pre-ECM days. I grew tired of playing alone, tired of solo dropping, feeling like there is no group cohesion, like i'm part of a wandering bunch of map mercenaries.

Once i learned the clans were finally coming, i quickly displayed my CGB colors, but sadly, i never got that feeling of unit cohesion. so i searched, and found a small group dropping as premades, tenore, raby, coffi, and ice weasel. they identified themselves as CGBI and posted a link to their application page.

what i saw next was something i have been looking for, a unit, in action, a group of people in constant communication, and a level of battlefield awareness that i once dreamed of. i contacted ice weasel after that match, and i was put through the process.

CGBI worked to shape me into the warrior i am today, with priceless training, and knowledge, i can stand my own ground, and i can work well with others. they have been my family away from home, my brothers in arms. and the most important thing of all, is that they have been more than happy, more than willing to work with me on my hearing disability, all of them, working to relay the same information to me via text as there is through voice.

they have been extremely understanding if i ever need an absence, for family or personal reasons. something that i don't see with many tryhard units.

those of us that make up CGBI, carry the true family values of clan ghost bear, we are strong, and fearsome... yet we are nurturing and understanding to the plight of others.

this is why i am here. this group is why i stay. and this clan is one i would gladly die for.

that is why.

#2 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

Seyla!

Nice to see some guys can find units.

Personatly, I'd like to join a unit but I have multiples problems.
Time is missing and I cannot be at trainings.
I have also others games.
I have exams regulary.
Also, even if my english can be understand. Don't try to listen to me while I'm speaking.

Why: FRENCH.
God my voice is awful by nature, it is worst when I try to speak English!

#3 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

Would love to join CGBI but I never see members in Australian prime time. Do they have many Australian members?

#4 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostSeventhSL, on 17 May 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Would love to join CGBI but I never see members in Australian prime time. Do they have many Australian members?

Why join an overseas unit when Australian units are crying out for members, I have dropped with CGBI a number of times and have a lot of respect for them, I too thought of joining but the Aussie MWO scene needs more units and Aussie players, we play in the "prime time" and we are on most nights, take your choice of units, GBKP, CBK, etc. etc., give us a go first and if you don't like it then go for an overseas unit.

#5 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the info Attakhan. I'm very interested in your new clan. Telstra tells me that my ADSL will be back up on Friday so I'll drop by and say G'day over the weekend.

#6 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

Look forward to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users