235 replies to this topic

#21 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

I'm glad they finally nerfed the RVN-2X's legs. Because it has been impossible to leg Ravens for years now.

:mellow:

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 16 May 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well, some people will need to learn to aim then again harharhar

Im not sure.. er ppcs are super slow.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 May 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

I wonder what would happen if people en masse refused to play and download the patches on Tuesday and Wednesday, probably even longer than that.

Of course I am only dreaming. Something like this can ever happen.

I mean, it could happen, but I don't think those people would come back under that actual scenario. (I assume you want some form of protest, but I don't think anyone has enough energy for a protest of that magnitude).

You do have to patch up to play the game after all...

Edited by Deathlike, 16 May 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#24 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 May 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

What?

They nerfed Chassis that came out in wave 1 as well as new ones...

Stormcrow and Timber have been available for cbills for months and even "new" variants are already cbills class mechs so they nearly completly exhausted their sales potential.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 May 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

I mean, it could happen, but I don't think those people would come back under that actual scenario.

You do have to patch up to play the game after all...

What I was actually thinking is what would PGI do if no one played for a few days.

Edited by Mystere, 16 May 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#26 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

The Stalker will probably still be good, and on the upside, the whining about it will have less merit now. I'm not sure about FireStarter nerfs without buffs to other lights, as I think lights are barely viable as it is. Mayhap the slobbering Assault mech hordes are getting their way.

I understand the reasoning behind the Clan nerfs, but duration nerfs just make the Clan mechs so... unwieldy. I'd never run ERLL in a StormCrow now - i'd spend the majority of a match grinding my teeth, heh.

Something had to be done though. We'll see how this pans out.

#27 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

What I was actually thinking is what PGI would do if no one played for a few days.

There's a fair chance that "PGI's telemetry" will "tell us" that "nothing has effectively changed".

That's happened so many times regardless of every major serious thing that has happened to the game, so I'd like to not pretend PGI is the infamous "Information Minister".

#28 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

I wonder what would happen if people en masse refused to play and download the patches on Tuesday and Wednesday, probably even longer than that.

Well, I think they nerf the overused clan machines now and see what happens. If the metrics are off the nerfhammer will decend on the IS mechs next (e.g. Thunderbunny)

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 16 May 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

The Stalker will probably still be good, and on the upside, the whining about it will have less merit now. I'm not sure about FireStarter nerfs without buffs to other lights, as I think lights are barely viable as it is. Mayhap the slobbering Assault mech hordes are getting their way.

I understand the reasoning behind the Clan nerfs, but duration nerfs just make the Clan mechs so... unwieldy. I'd never run ERLL in a StormCrow now - i'd spend the majority of a match grinding my teeth, heh.

Sometimes doing nothing is much better than doing anything. ;)

Look at the good ol' US of A vis a vis Yemen. :o

#30 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 16 May 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...-may-19th-patch

So did the new quirks go to far or not enough?

Looks like the Timber Wolf and Storm Crow laser vomits are dead.

I think if anything this will just encourage people to go with gauss builds instead of pure laser builds, but that's about it. The adjustments I think hurt the IS lights the most. I'll wait until I try it out but my prediction is that the already small number of light players will start moving away from them, and people will just adjust their stormcrow and timber wolf builds accordingly to be less laser based. I suppose this is *something* but I don't see these adjustments really changing the meta significantly.

I guess so since the dire wolf remains completely untouched. I don't really understand what PGI is balancing for any more. Did the dire wolf get ignored because people don't use it in CW, a game mode which is getting less and less popular by the day? It feels like they are looking purely at that game mode but maybe I'm mistaken.

#31 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

You know the more I look at the TW quirks the less I think its the endof the world. Yes the pure laser vomit is dead. But I think the gauss 4 med laser with a cool down module will work fine. And the gauss and two large pulse will work fine. And the short range and AC builds except for the med pulse laser build will be fine. I really think it will end up about in the current tier 2 where it needs to be. But we will see in a week or two if I am right or not.

#32 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

Something is easy to suggest.

Torso twist speed (remove quirks) and angle (to comparable robots).

The Crow twists faster and further than light mechs. With more firepower, armour, and better hardpoints and hardpoint locations on top of all those factors. Make them less agile than the light mechs, remove that 20% torso twist speed quirk.

Cut the torso yaw angle, so it doesn't twist further than 30 ton light robots. BJ is stuck at 96, to the DoomCrows 156.

TimberGod can be taken in a similar approach...but that begins actual nerfing rather than normalizing (or just removing quirks). Torso Yaw closer to Stalkers prevents protection from torso twisting.

One of my favourites was overriding the damage transfer (which is presently at 60% and 80% reduction for ST-CT and Arm/Leg-ST-CT). Change that to 30% reduction and 40% reduction. Instead of taking 8 damage from an AC20, you suddenly take 14.

Something as simple as that, which doesn't affect the weapon loadout, makes them closer to a Glass Cannon (rather than the tankiest robots in the game).

But, you know, PGI.

#33 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

Why would we want to? While they are not perfect its not the end of the world. It might even be an over all postive. I think there is to much sky is falling going on in this thread.

#34 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Well I'm so glad they decided to nerf the good Clan 'mechs. Now they can be closer to their crappy, useless brethren.

#35 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

Lol we might see the rare ac build timber again now. It's funny how clan players feel that isn't even a option, laser vomit or rage quit.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 16 May 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#36 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 16 May 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

Why would we want to? While they are not perfect its not the end of the world. It might even be an over all postive. I think there is to much sky is falling going on in this thread.

The nerfs are not that positive.

Those mechs are ubiquitous in such a way that we can predict how good or bad it can be with weapon quirks.

If the 2.0 second ERLL change way back during the supernerfhammer days wasn't a good enough reminder, then I guess you can start remembering on Tuesday.

Like a .1 second duration change is one thing... a > +10% duration change is a lot more than you think. More facetime = more damage received from other sources, and the longer that occurs, the TTK of the mech firing those weapons at really unsafe distances will get more return fire from others that don't have said negative quirks.

There's a reason why Clan Large Pulse gets more play than the regular Clan Large Laser... long duration effectiveness is a function of safety distance of firing.

#37 Mr Ezzquizo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

hate this game

#38 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

If these were buffs you people wouldn't be whining. I'd rather they removed quirks entirely. I'm sick of all this quirk ****.

#39 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 May 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

The nerfs are not that positive.

Those mechs are ubiquitous in such a way that we can predict how good or bad it can be with weapon quirks.

If the 2.0 second ERLL change way back during the supernerfhammer days wasn't a good enough reminder, then I guess you can start remembering on Tuesday.

Like a .1 second duration change is one thing... a > +10% duration change is a lot more than you think. More facetime = more damage received from other sources, and the longer that occurs, the TTK of the mech firing those weapons at really unsafe distances will get more return fire from others that don't have said negative quirks.

There's a reason why Clan Large Pulse gets more play than the regular Clan Large Laser... long duration effectiveness is a function of safety distance of firing.
I know this will be a scary thought for some but it is possible to run Timber Wolf or Storm Crow without it being a pure laser vomit build. And when you run say a gauss and two large pulse with cool down module or gauss and 4 medium lasers with cool down module it is not the end of the world any more.

Not to mention SRM short range builds. And we also know the Clan ACs are going to get a bit of a buff. So you will see more AC/Laser combos. The only thing this kills is pure laser vomit builds. I personally think there is a very good chance the TW will still be as good as the current tier 2 heavies. If it is that is a great place for it.

#40 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 16 May 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Lol we might see the rare ac build timber again now. It's funny how clan players feel that isn't even a option, laser vomit or rage quit.

Nope.

You will just see more Hellbringers. Or more Warhawks, but I would rather bet on Hellbringers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users