#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:33 AM

[redacted]

if you want to destroy the game, you are doing it correctly: clans are alredy super nerfed ad BORING, the more you nerf them the more boring they will be, the more people will leave the game.
If you do this, even more people will abandone the game.
ABOUT INNER SPHERE MECHS

ok raven2x and fs9S nerfs, but that stalker was not op at all

real OP IS mechs that you had to nerf were

Thunderbolt 9se std280 3lpl
blackjack 1x xl 295 6ml+2mpl
jagermech dd xl235 3uac5
dragon 1n xl300 2ac5
wolverine 6k xl280 4ll

[redacted]

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 18 May 2015 - 10:00 AM.
insults, inappropriate language, unconstructive

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

lol... ... should we even bother to tell you everything that is wrong about this post?

Clans are not "alredy super nerfed". Have you noticed what the best chassis in the game are? I'll give you a hint... the top eight look like this: TBR, SCR, DWF, FS9, STK, HBR, RVN, WVR. The Timber Wolf is the strongest mech in the game, it's leagues ahead of its competitors. Similar story for the Stormcrow. The two mechs have been outliers for a very long time and they are top picks in almost every conceivable scenario. My idea of a balanced game isn't having two chassis that are better than everything else. What's yours?

FS9-S and FS9-A nerfs - well met. I'm happy with this. IMO the FS9s have been too strong altogether, but only by a little bit, and now they're only being nerfed by a little bit. They deserved this.

FS9-H - ... it's a third-rate light. It's almost never employed, because the FS9-S is better. It didn't need nerfed at all whatsoever.

RVN-2X - highly situational mech. It has exploitable weaknesses. The powerful quirks made it viable as opposed to worthless. It didn't deserve such a big nerf to the duration quirk.

STK-4N - pretty much the best IS assault in the game, possibly the best IS mech in the game period (perhaps not counting lights). It has been leaps and bounds better than the alternatives, it needed nerfed because it was simply the default best choice.

TDR-9SE - it's really not that great. It's very good, but it's not a Timberwolf. It doesn't have the range of a Stalker, it doesn't have the DPS of the 5SS, it doesn't have a huge alpha, and if it loses it's left torso it loses all its armament.

BJ-1X - it's a 45 tonner. Shoot it and it will be dead, it has incredibly low armour - it's fragile.

JM6-DD - again, it's fragile. It requires face-time to deal its damage, it's not incredibly maneuverable, and it has unfavourable hitboxes. All this combined with 65-tonner armour.

DRG-1N - glass cannon. Sure, it hurts if you ignore. Don't ignore it. It weighs 60-tons, just shoot the dang thing. The arm comes off easily, and if you can't aim, the nose on that thing puts 1950's Cadillac's to shame, so go for that instead.

WVR-6K - it has an IS XL engine (or if it has a STD, it's slow and hotter). Everything is in its right arm. Shoot the arm off and laugh. Glaring weaknesses like these keep the WVR, DRG, and others from being over powered. Learn to deal with them and exploit their weaknesses. At least they have weaknesses.

Edited by Tarogato, 17 May 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#3 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:00 AM

The nerf is minor and will not even notice in real fight.

#4 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

View PostTarogato, on 17 May 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

lol... ... should we even bother to tell you everything that is wrong about this post?

For the sake of constructive discussion I'd honestly be interested to hear.

#5 Vege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 140 posts
  • LocationMilano

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:02 AM

Minor??? are u joke?

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

View PostPasha Osis, on 17 May 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

For the sake of constructive discussion I'd honestly be interested to hear.

was in the process of editing it into the post already.

#7 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

The mistake YOU ALL MAKE WITH INNER SPHERE IS THAT YOU HAVE 1 DROP DECK AND YOU USE IT EVERYWHERE.

6 maps, attack and defence

I have 12 inner sphere drop decks and i switch them each time.
[redacted]

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 18 May 2015 - 10:01 AM.
language, unconstructive

#8 Vervuel

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

Would love to know your drop deck Il Mechwarrior.

#9 derFiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:19 AM

With the incoming nerv these IS Chassi are go the right way. Stalker nerv is more about the whiner then the real appearance of this mech...

As a primary IS player, i don´t really understand the Timber and Crow nerves.

Timber: this nerv try to avoid the laser vomit. Ok in the direction, but a bit to strong. This will result in a change to ppc, gauss and maybe AC/UAC change, if the promised change to this weapons take effect. A bit less of nerv will be good to this chassi.

Crow: most of the weapon are no problem at the crow, and this nerv don´t fight again the real problem... the real bad hitbox, AND the absolute easy mode and no skill streak crow! Absolute don´t understand this nerv!

#10 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

View PostVervuel, on 17 May 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

Would love to know your drop deck Il Mechwarrior.

He use a laser vomit battlemaster ^^ really far from a laser vomit stalker.

PS: i just bought battlemaster yesterday it's damn good for CW :) but stalkers are harder to pinpoint with efficiency...

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

Thunderbolt 9se std280 3lpl
blackjack 1x xl 295 6ml+2mpl
jagermech dd xl235 3uac5
dragon 1n xl300 2ac5
wolverine 6k xl280 4ll

You are asking people, who will face you tomorrow, to aim your side torso by speaking like that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Idealsuspect, 17 May 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#11 Escaflow

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

Normally I don’t rant (much), while Tuk event I thought “Hey the IS Mecs are nice, more range, less heat and don’t go in a brawl they will rip you but I can do it”
after the event I took a look at the statistics and thought
“Wow I must just suck, the game is pretty balanced the numbers are really close to each other considering we got -MS- on our side...meh”

And now comes the patch that dumps the TBR/SCR...
I can't relay say something to the SCR since I don’t play it (its just ugly) so heare a few toughts about the TBR:

So PGI wants us to not use Lasers on our TBR i get it, so just think what we can do else in a CW match (since this is what they want to balance).

I can take some AC/UAC/LB-X... oh no they suck do to so much spread damage and not enough range against 1,6km IS weapons...

I can take LRM based TBR... oh no they are useless in a CW do to ecm cover. map design and ppl that can play to go into cover...

I can take SRM/STREAK... oh no I would be dead before I can even touch my opponent...

I can take Gaus... yeah lets go out with dual Gaus!

And so you get a 24 Gaus team as an enemy... and than?
You cant nerf the gaus since its mainly the same as the IS one so they can get the trilling to go around a corner in a push and look at 3-4 Dual Gaus Jaeger TBR volley and get the same love we get the whole time!

Just to get some numbers down, the Laser Vomit TBR
RA-Prime RT-S CT-Prime LT-Prime LA-Prime is getting there stats changed to:
C-ERLL to ~1.8 Burn time, ~3,8 sec recycle
C-ERML to ~1,3 Burn time, ~3,5 sec recycle
C-ERSL to ~1,2 Burn time, ~2,7 sec recycle

C-LPL to ~1,3 Burn time, ~3,8 sec recycle
C-MPL to ~0,9 Burn time, ~3,5 sec recycle
C-SPL to ~0,9 Burn time, ~2,7 sec recylce

if you for whatever reasons chose the TBR-A Left Torso the numbers are going up by 9% and no I just don’t want to compare these numbers to IS Weapons or I would cancel my Preorder..

TL;DR: f**n sh** its useless!!

#12 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:01 AM

I'd rant but I don't even know where to begin...

I run stock Mechs for the most part, I don't really conform to the meta but this... This change absolutely mortifies me.

I am at this very instant in time regretting selling my IS mechs and equipment. Guess it's time I picked them all back up again until this nerf storm blows over.

#13 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

idealsuspect, i use the battlemaster only on boreal vault ad only as first mech

try to change the stalker with a wolverine, you will find it way more powerful

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 17 May 2015 - 03:14 AM.

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Most of your examination on those mechs are wrong, they just show your mediocre piloting skill
http://mwomercs.com/...-is-erllquirks/

Look at the screens here

And now tell me how many years you will need to do the same with clans.

Btw, stalker is junk, noob friendly mech, i could **** it with a wolverine or a quickdraw

I love how your idea of an example that proves how Innersphere is OP is a pair of screenshots where an experienced pilot did 3000+ damage against a disorganised team of nobodies. That says a lot. Especially when you can conveniently opt to not provide examples of when you performed similarly in Clan chassis.

Hint: just because you can deal 5000 dmg against a bunch of noobs who don't even understand the word "trading" doesn't mean you're using OP chassis.

Edited by Tarogato, 17 May 2015 - 03:23 AM.

#15 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

idealsuspect, i use the battlemaster only on boreal vault ad only as first mech

try to change the stalker with a wolverine, you will find it way more powerful

Yea i will but now it's battlemaster need grab more mechbay for buy another mech...
Anyway lets pgi nerf what they want good pilots will always adapt and find new way to play this game by using last little advantage :).
PGI don't understand their own game isn't new....

#16 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 17 May 2015 - 03:32 AM, said:

PGI don't understand their own game isn't new....

Sad but true... it´s not a first question that they don´t understand it... they don´t play their own game... it´s not visible only in nerv or buff... it´s about much more...

#17 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:35 AM

You realy want screenshoot where IS puggys destroyed Clan premades? Can give you plenty..No Problem.

Yes with a strong premade you steamroll Clans/IS...what does that mean? Nothing.

At the Moment a lot of Player prefer to Play IS mechs...that not without a reason. Think about that.

My dropdeck?

1) Thunderbolt 5ss or Boomjager

2) Griffin 2N or Wolverine or Shadowhawk2K

3) Huggin or Raven4X

4) Whuppmaster or Mysery or 4N (Gauss 3 ERLL on the Mysery....)

#18 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 17 May 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

You realy want screenshoot where IS puggys destroyed Clan premades? Can give you plenty..No Problem.
Yes with a strong premade you steamroll Clans/IS...what does that mean? Nothing.

Both mean the same... nothing... really comparison without any datas are useless...
As long as the main influencing units on both sides (IS/Clan) mostly play on different time zones, and don´t really meet on battlegrounds, all datas based on cw have to fail. Public matches related on other things...

#19 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

OK we Need CW maps in privat matches...and make a real tournament?

#20 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 17 May 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

OK we Need CW maps in privat matches...and make a real tournament?

Will be helpful to get a better database, without all the whine on both sides. Big problem are still the "love" player on both sides, which don´t care about real balance.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users