12 replies to this topic

#1 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hey everyone, I'm planning on making a come back to mwo after getting my new pc. I have some questions regarding joystick support. I quit playing mwo mainly because my pc took a crap on me and its taken some time to get a new one, and the lack of joystick support. This happened before the clans made their debut. So what is the current state regarding joystick support? Is this game the mess it was when I left? Thanks in advance for the thought out replies, f@Ck the rest.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

Josystick support has somewhat improved. But, even top-end Thustmaster gear is nowhere close to being as good as keyboard and mouse.

Edited by Mystere, 17 May 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#3 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 17 May 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Josystick support has somewhat improved. But, even top-end Thustmaster gear is nowhere close to being as good as keyboard and mouse.

This.

You just can't get the accuracy or responsiveness with a stick that you do with a mouse.

#4 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

a bad time to return for a clanner, 2 of 4 viable clan mechs are getting severe nerf to their only actually viable weapon this tuesady

#5 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that mouse and keyboard have always been superior to hotas. I just noticed my founders emblem is not visible wtf is up with that? Seems I might not be coming back seeing as how this game has leaned towards micro transactions.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 17 May 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that mouse and keyboard have always been superior to hotas. I just noticed my founders emblem is not visible wtf is up with that? Seems I might not be coming back seeing as how this game has leaned towards micro transactions.

You can get the emblem back in game, in the Achievement section I think, main page.

Might I ask what micro transactions there are in the game?

#7 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 17 May 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

You need to go ingame, press the title/badge button on the left side and choose your title and badge from there. It will appear on the forums automatically.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Navid A1, 17 May 2015 - 11:57 PM.

#8 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 17 May 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Hey everyone, I'm planning on making a come back to mwo after getting my new pc. I have some questions regarding joystick support. I quit playing mwo mainly because my pc took a crap on me and its taken some time to get a new one, and the lack of joystick support. This happened before the clans made their debut. So what is the current state regarding joystick support? Is this game the mess it was when I left? Thanks in advance for the thought out replies, f@Ck the rest.

In every game where precise aiming / controlling is needed (= EVERYTHING except a flight simulator), a Joystick is horribly bad to the degree of inacceptable / ridiculously inferior.

Don't let yourself be fooled by the books or even the ingame pilot animation.
Not matter how expensive the hardware is built, the leverage is just too high, the precision therefore much too low.

In my opinion, everyone who wants to play a shooter with a joystick has serious intelligence issues.

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:36 AM

I watched a streamer aim with mouse and use joystick for movement/twisting and it wasn't so bad. Seemed pretty fun actually.

#10 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostElizander, on 18 May 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

I watched a streamer aim with mouse and use joystick for movement/twisting and it wasn't so bad. Seemed pretty fun actually.

Both arrow keys and joystick have 'digital' input (pressed/not pressed = 1/0), so there is no big difference with using joystick to move forward/backward/strafe left or right with it rather then keyboard (joystick can have even more speed options to make that moves - throttle). But mouse has 'analog' input (with later conversion to 'digital'), so there is no other option when it comes to 'measure' that fracture of inch which needed to aim for enemy head. With joystick you can only use 'step-by-step' aiming in some direction.

Edited by DuoAngel, 18 May 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#11 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

I used a joystick in mw4mercs, never had a problem stomping people. As for questioning my intelligence gtfo, I like to use a joystick for the simple fact of feeling like I'm piloting a mech.

The micro transactions I am referring to, are the "special" mechs. I don't mind grinding at all and would rather pay a sub fee. I feel a sub based game helps keep the scrubs/kids out.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Glad to see the community is still active.

When I get my pc around the 4th or so, I will definitely give this game a chance.

A.K out.

#12 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

You will be disappointed.

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostPaigan, on 18 May 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

In my opinion, everyone who wants to play a shooter with a joystick has serious intelligence issues.

Don't be a jerk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users