Mwo Is The Only Game I've Ever Played That Crashes On Closing. (3 Years Later)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Seriously, stop making mechs for a moment and fix some of the glaring issues with the game. Many of these issues have been here since beta. Invisible walls, broken terrain, random crashing, etc. etc. Either PGI does not care or does not know how to fix them i'm guessing.
I love the game, but after three years some of this should be fixed. I am happy to throw money at it, but want at least a little to go to bug fixing instead of the newest mech for $$ that will be nerfed as soon as it is available to c-bills.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

I am guessing that you had slept over all the bug-fix patches PGI had rolled out. Accusing them of sitting on their asses in regards to bugs, is simply wrong. Sure, there are many more things that need to be fixed, but remember that PGI isn't a big company. The latest May 5th patch had a lot of bug-fixes, for example.

Personally I had crashes but it was never on the level where I stopped playing the game for a while. My beef with PGI lies on other issues.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 May 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

I used to have that problem. I guess repair tool or re-install. My game closes properly now.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostJimmy Page, on 19 May 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

Seriously, stop making mechs for a moment and fix some of the glaring issues with the game. Many of these issues have been here since beta. Invisible walls, broken terrain, random crashing, etc. etc. Either PGI does not care or does not know how to fix them i'm guessing.
I love the game, but after three years some of this should be fixed. I am happy to throw money at it, but want at least a little to go to bug fixing instead of the newest mech for $$ that will be nerfed as soon as it is available to c-bills.

But if you are quitting the game does crashing really present a problem? :huh:

Also Every game I play Online suffers these issues to some extent.

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

I always get this if I play for more than an hour.

In game, whenever my game starts to get micro-stutter and lag spikes when any mech is killed, I close it down to restart, and it crashes and hangs, and I have to either close it with Task-manager or a crash prompt comes up.

Been doing it for a long time now.

#6 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

+1 Game is still crashing on exit in about 50-70% cases.

#7 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostMister D, on 19 May 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

I always get this if I play for more than an hour.

In game, whenever my game starts to get micro-stutter and lag spikes when any mech is killed, I close it down to restart, and it crashes and hangs, and I have to either close it with Task-manager or a crash prompt comes up.

Been doing it for a long time now.

Updating Nvidia drivers fixed this for me.

#8 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

Mwo crashed my system a lot, white knighters never failed to line up blaming my computer.

Well iv taken several months break from mwo now and guess what, not a single system crash in over eight weeks.

Im calling it not my problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users