Calling All 'is' Pilots... Lets Bring Out Our Clan Mechs After The Patch!

41 replies to this topic

#1 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

Everyone with clan mechs but a house icon... Bring out your scrows and twolves tonight, get good scores, and throw them at clanners as the BS anecdotal evidence that everybody eats up on these forums! I've got builds planned for both that still utilize lasers but minimize the quirk effects. I don't think the quirks are gonna hurt me much at all. My maximum laser scrow is gonna take a hit, and I might need to throw a gauss on my Twolf, but they'll still be my strongest mechs out of 81 variants. (PS: I love clan mechs... Im slowly collecting them all with Cbills, and Im happy to see some internal balance. Maybe Ill actually bring my 12 laser gargoyle out, because he vomits better than my crow now.)

Edited by LordBraxton, 19 May 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#2 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:57 AM

The Streakcrow doesn't care about your quirks.

#3 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

please do this IS players!. Make sure to post videos as well!

Me and the others that are not clouded by ignorance will laugh as you get rekt by the superquirked IS mechs with superior weapons you are used to playing.

I'll be in my jager ready to shred some timbies

Edited by Knyx, 19 May 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

Why do you have the Clan Equipment if you are a Spheroid? I did buy a Dire Wolf... but got rid of it as it didn't feel right in a Lyran Mechbay at this time.

#5 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

Ah found mah headset last night. Waxing the saddle now. :) Soon™.

I have TONS of Clan mechs (pun intended) and sure, I'll bring them out. But my first match back has to be in the old girlfriend, my HBK-4G. :D

#6 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

@Mallan- I moonlight as a jade falcon. :ph34r: (my miniatures for 3050 are based on falcon vs steiner border wars) @Knyx, troll elsewhere please. @GonaDie- Im excited to bring my brawlcrow out for a few rounds.

#7 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,956 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

I bought a Direwolf once, I hated that POS.

Mostly because I'm space poor and couldn't afford to buy 3.
48 kph sucks, especially when you're the primary target of the enemy team.

Tbh though, unless I'm with my unit for CW, besides my Hellbringer, I really don't bother with clanmechs most of the time.

I find them boring, because the easy button.. is boring.

#8 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 19 May 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

@Mallan- I moonlight as a jade falcon. :ph34r: (my miniatures for 3050 are based on falcon vs steiner border wars) @Knyx, troll elsewhere please. @GonaDie- Im excited to bring my brawlcrow out for a few rounds.

ahh I forgot young you are. Still in that "anyone who disagrees with me is a troll" phase.

#9 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostKnyx, on 19 May 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

ahh I forgot young you are. Still in that "anyone who disagrees with me is a troll" phase.

Well, the number of likes your post gets is an indicator. I am not young and you were trollish. I've seen worse though....

#10 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

View Postcdlord, on 19 May 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Well, the number of likes your post gets is an indicator. I am not young and you were trollish. I've seen worse though....

I am trollish because I posted something you don't agree with? Brilliant deduction dear Watson. Who cares about likes. The majority of the playerbase picked IS, they voted with their wallets. I play both, so feel free to do what the OP suggests. Sometimes getting more easy kills can be fun.

#11 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

I'll pilot mine but not to make fun of clanners. I just want to know how the changes actually affect the mechs.

#12 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostKnyx, on 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

I am trollish because I posted something you don't agree with? Brilliant deduction dear Watson. Who cares about likes. The majority of the playerbase picked IS, they voted with their wallets. I play both, so feel free to do what the OP suggests. Sometimes getting more easy kills can be fun.

You were combative and over-exaggerated your point. I call that a troll. Also, the insults man.... Labeled is as labeled does I guess.

View PostElizander, on 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

I'll pilot mine but not to make fun of clanners. I just want to know how the changes actually affect the mechs.

I don't think the intent was to poke fun at them... At least not with me. I will be proving that the TBR is still a viable mech that can dominate with the right pilot at the stick.

#13 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

Buttblasted clanners in every thread

#14 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

Been playing clan mechs too much lately, no thx (burnt out on playing carry mechs).

If you need me i'll be in my Cicada 2B/Hunchback 4G making C-Bills.

#15 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

I'm a real IS pilot. I don't own clan mechs.

Hell I don't even care about quirks at all. No matter how its quirked, I will pilot it if I like the Mech.

#16 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

I was running my Thor last night!!!

#17 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

I've been running my Summoners recently, I'll see which other clan mechs are still on my to do list in about 10K exp.

#18 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

View Postcdlord, on 19 May 2015 - 05:44 AM, said:

You were combative and over-exaggerated your point. I call that a troll. Also, the insults man.... Labeled is as labeled does I guess.

I don't think the intent was to poke fun at them... At least not with me. I will be proving that the TBR is still a viable mech that can dominate with the right pilot at the stick.

That is all your opinion, and clearly motivated by bias, just like the OPs post.

My point stands, I support this. More easy kills for my IS mechs can be enjoyable.

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:16 AM

Oh yeah, my post-nerf Crow damage rating is gonna shut them up for a while. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 19 May 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#20 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostKnyx, on 19 May 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

please do this IS players!. Make sure to post videos as well!

Me and the others that are not clouded by ignorance will laugh as you get rekt by the superquirked IS mechs with superior weapons you are used to playing.

I'll be in my jager ready to shred some timbies

I'm surprised you put the Jager in the super quirked category ... since that is what you might choose to play against the Timberwolf and Stormcrow. However, I have mastered 3 Jagers so far ... they are a fun mech,certainly one of my favourites ... but most of the configurations use 2xAC20, 2xGauss, 3xUAC5, 4xAC5 with maybe a couple of utility lasers added on. They are slow. They often have XL engines and in my experience, against a decent Timberwolf pilot ... the Timby will win ... mostly by focusing fire on a side torso and taking out the XL (or at least 1/2 of the firepower if it is even slower).

Of course if the Timberwolf ignores terrain and charges directly at the Jager then that is giving up on the mobility advantage of the TImberwolf ... likely the sign of a poor Timberwolf pilot ... and the Jager has a decent chance of landing enough damage to possibly stop the Timberwolf. However, it takes at least 4 dual gauss shots to get through the CT armor and into structure. Probably 5 to kill it.

Anyway, I have 15 clan mechs ... the Dire Wolf pack plus 3xStormcrow ... I have played them a fair bit though I generally prefer the IS because of the greater customization allowed. Overall, most clan mechs are at least equal to the average IS mechs. My much maligned Kit Fox is a decent support light with a variety of loadouts ... it is not a fast independent scout or skirmisher the way most IS lights can be played ... but supporting the assaults and heavies with ECM+fire support ... it can do a very good job.

Good clan mechs include the Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Dire Wolf, Timberwolf and Stormcrow ... the holy trinity of Dire Wolf, Timberwolf and Stormcrow are (pre-nerf) arguably the best mechs in the game.

The only issue with the Dire Wolf is that it is slow. Firepower wise it lays down more DPS than most other options. I played hte 6xCUAC5 version for a few matches. It did 600 damage and killed two opponents in less than a minute before being killed ... and that was because everyone else had run off and I ran into the opposing main force coming out of the tunnel under the deck on Crimson.

If you put the Dire Wolf with support of team mates it is a powerhouse. Alone it is toast.

Anyway, there are a lot of polarized opinions on this ... no one likes to see their favourite OP mechs nerfed ... but the Timberwolf and Stormcrow have been at the top of the heap for a long time and changes of some sort are needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users