#21 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

I definitely believe some of the mechanics need to be reworked. It goes without saying things are not so rosy in BETA 2 so far. However PGI did state their focus was getting the UI issue fixed and for that I can be a bit patient.

#22 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 21 May 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

I definitely believe some of the mechanics need to be reworked. It goes without saying things are not so rosy in BETA 2 so far. However PGI did state their focus was getting the UI issue fixed and for that I can be a bit patient.

I agree, we have SOMETHING which isn't really an adequate solution but WE DO have SOMETHING to play. I mean if CW is that painful I still have the Normal Queue which I play almost nightly. I love dropping solo and seeing friendly (and not so) faces that i get rekt by or Rek them myself!

But i agree 100% that a new improved UI will be much more important before the Steam release then CW will be and will in turn make the game more appealing to new players I hope. CW still has that big 4 letter tag on it (BETA...2) once its gone i will get really critical!

#23 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

Opening attack lanes with 4v4 matches, that have stricter weight limits will make CW very intefesting, I can't wait for them to get in.

#24 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

View Postsignal, on 22 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Opening attack lanes with 4v4 matches, that have stricter weight limits will make CW very intefesting, I can't wait for them to get in.

I am looking forward to this as well. I think 4v4 could be incredibly fun and even 8v8 for map / match variations. I personally would like to see more mmo strategic elements but time will tell.

#25 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

So FYI Kurita units....

With the recent reassurance on the clan front, we (SA) have decided to stay CSJ for the foreseeable future...once you get back from that vacation up north with the Green Chickens come find us!

Seyla!

#26 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 26 May 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

So FYI Kurita units....

With the recent reassurance on the clan front, we (SA) have decided to stay CSJ for the foreseeable future...once you get back from that vacation up north with the Green Chickens come find us!

Seyla!

Does this include us, and if it does which side are we to be included in?

I miss the days of advancing the grey wind across the red cloud, all the while being told by the loyal CSJ units we are a problem to be solved, the mass assuming we are doing some sort of villainy, and of course my personal favorite being told that we were preventing CSJ players from playing. It was almost like you guys really wanted Kurita to do what happened in the first weeks after reset.

#27 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 26 May 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Does this include us, and if it does which side are we to be included in?

I miss the days of advancing the grey wind across the red cloud, all the while being told by the loyal CSJ units we are a problem to be solved, the mass assuming we are doing some sort of villainy, and of course my personal favorite being told that we were preventing CSJ players from playing. It was almost like you guys really wanted Kurita to do what happened in the first weeks after reset.

IF I do remember correctly (and I have been know to have memory lapses from time to time) that the issue was actually that Clan ghost bear at the time had MS as a main unit and they had a treaty with us.

And you went picking on CGB planets, being a merc unit, you were not slated to staying around long. SO that meant that when you left CGB was going to come and push us in from the back side.

Player wise Loved dropping with the lot of ya. Queeny, and Duck. Great people :)

My fault then It Was QQ. as I said Memory gaps :)

Edited by reign, 26 May 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#28 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View Postreign, on 26 May 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

IF I do remember correctly (and I have been know to have memory lapses from time to time) that the issue was actually that Clan ghost bear at the time had MS as a main unit and they had a treaty with us.

And you went picking on CGB planets, being a merc unit, you were not slated to staying around long. SO that meant that when you left CGB was going to come and push us in from the back side.

Player wise Loved dropping with the lot of ya. Queeny, and Duck. Great people :)

You confuse us with QQ at that time, remember we stayed for over a month, vice the 2 weeks they did. Our introduction to the SA was us defending ourselves as we were blamed for attacking a CGB planet the first day, which even our video evidence of being featured on JagerXII's twitch all that night fighting Kurita was dismissed.

We even went as far as swearing a Honor Oath with the leadership of CGBI to be able to respectfully engage CGB with out issue.

#29 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 26 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

You confuse us with QQ at that time, remember we stayed for over a month, vice the 2 weeks they did. Our introduction to the SA was us defending ourselves as we were blamed for attacking a CGB planet the first day, which even our video evidence of being featured on JagerXII's twitch all that night fighting Kurita was dismissed.

We even went as far as swearing a Honor Oath with the leadership of CGBI to be able to respectfully engage CGB with out issue.

You are mixing up [SA] Smoke Adders, With SA the "Smoke Alliance".....I have no idea what the later is doing. Only the former....But Smoke Adders are here to stay for a bit it seems.

But I will gladly extend the olive branch to you 228 pilots if any Bad Blood remains from the Smoke Alliance, i had little to do with it and am just here to tag planets in the name of my unit.

I will say....I enjoyed it when the smallest faction had the biggest bite!

And yes that was QQ and I believe REM (not sure) that attacked the CGB planets, 228 has always gone along with the plan and fought for the best interests of CSJ as far as i can remember.

Edited by DarthRevis, 26 May 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#30 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Yup as I said loved dropping with you guys in Derp Late night hub. Sorry if there was mix up. One bad apple syndrome went around a bit.

And I apologize that my memory was hazy on it :) Loved the players I dropped with. Great People.

#31 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 19 May 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

BTW ... apparently I am some big troll and this is a troll post. I certainly didn't intend it that way. I merely recognized Smoke Jag being where Kurita was late Jan / Feb early on. If some of you want to take offense to this or think I am trolling ... go right ahead. I've only experienced GGs for the most part against Smoke Jags and generally have nothing but respect for them. I can't however help or fix bitter people. (most are fine but a few need to get out and breathe a little air)

:P :D
Posted Image

#32 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

What gets me the most is the players who dislike the Clans enough to bad mouth us but when there is an event involving rewards for using our Mechs they are right there collecting them. If you hate us so much why are you using our mechs and weapons? Id say that PGI should say 'Your Either IS or Clan you cant be both.' and with that said neither side should have each others Mechs. Now I know there arent enough Clan mechs to make up the differences between IS and Clan Mechs (talking numbers here.) which is why I think us Clanners should have all of the IS Mechs that the SLDF left the Successor States with (Atlas,Awesome,Battlemaster,Black Knight,BlackJack Catapult, Firestarter,Griffin,Highlander,Hunchback,King Crab,Locust,Orion,Panther,Phoenix Hawk Shadow Hawk, Spider,Stalker,ThunderBolt (IIc 3085),Urban Mech,Victor and Jenner (which should be the last Mech that the SLDF acquired and left the Successor States with. It was developed by Kurita the same year the SLDF left 'known space'[2784] tho I will note that the Clan version is designated with IIc and not all the Clan 'retro-fits' get the IIc designator because the majority of IIc are more full rebuilds than retrofitted SLDF Mechs with Clan Technology (Engines and HS's as well as internal structures the retrofits have just a C designation to differentiate it). And then those Pilots who choose the Inner Sphere get all their Mechs and we Clanners get All the mechs we are supposed to have as well. The Clan versions are not OmniMechs so they dont have omnipods. Granted the weapons would just be the same crappy, can only fire 2 Lasers or you get ghost heating with more heat efficient Clan models but should have the exact quirks their IS versions do.
Sure itr wont happen because not enough of You care to stop playing to make a statement to PGI. And even with all the above being said I'll be stupid and wont ask for a refund for the Al a Carte Cauldron Born in the hopes that the inequality of the Balance will be put right sometime before Community Warfare comes out of Beta Testing.

#33 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

For reference...any of you who are mercs...should be shot
any of you who play IS mechs...should be known as bondsmen rather than trothkin
and any of you who defect to an IS house are dezgra...

That being said.....PGI has fkd the Clans worse than Victor Davion sooo...I understand why you may not be as loyal as you otherwise might be lol

I mean I defected to Wolf for a minute until I started feeling like a prostitute and defected back lol

also.....ewwww so many Pigeons

Edited by ArchAngelWC, 27 May 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#34 Splatshot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

Arch can verify this, but basically after the turkey event over half of our Clan/group went AFK.

They are all bored with CW, and do not even login any longer, the only time I see more then 3-4 members on is when there is a weekend event and that still pails in numbers to what we had 6 months ago.

I think the CW has worn on people an until changes people will do other things.

#35 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostSplatshot, on 27 May 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Arch can verify this, but basically after the turkey event over half of our Clan/group went AFK.

They are all bored with CW, and do not even login any longer, the only time I see more then 3-4 members on is when there is a weekend event and that still pails in numbers to what we had 6 months ago.

I think the CW has worn on people an until changes people will do other things.

I think the fact its the same battle over and over with little variation (lets face it..people dont alter their dropdecks unless they are bored)

I mean at least if they had randomly generated maps off what the planets terrain actually is...might be more interesting
ie: Marawi is suppose to be a forest planet..yet we kept fighting on a tundra in the mountains...not a damn tree in sight lol

also when you a run vs a 12 man who immediately starts exploiting cheap yet viable tactics...it kinda reduces the will of a lesser warrior to do another drop....

Guess they missed that part of the Smoke Jaguar rememberance lol

Edited by ArchAngelWC, 27 May 2015 - 07:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users