Toggleable Tag Option

No replies to this topic

#1 Master Cerberus

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOn that hill, holding lock on you.

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Hello, I would like to suggest the inclusion of a toggle for the TAG between always on and key to fire.

The reasoning behind my suggestion is derived from the following inherent drawbacks of the weapon system:
1: It forces you to divert your attention to holding down a key or losing a firing group on your mouse in order to be used.
2: It requires a direct line of sight as to where its counterpart in ECM does not.
3: It uses a bright red laser that gives away your position unlike the ECM.
4: It requires constant contact with the target.
5: It has a limited range of only 750m.

This change is very necessary as the system is laughably difficult to use in its current state and the sometimes very fast paced combat of MWO. I find myself forced to bring my own TAG as an LRM support since most people don't bother using this ECM countermeasure. At the very least if this system had an always on mode I could focus on driving my mech and using my weapon groups instead of the awkward setup I have now. This is also a very small quality of life improvement that does not need many resources to be implemented but could give the TAG system an ease of use boost that would more heavily integrate it into common play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users