447 replies to this topic

#21 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

No, I would really like to have the Founders mechs and badges. Please contact PGI and tell them how you feel.
Yes, I know you would and I am fine with it. If you want them get PGI to make a poll I will vote yes to make them available.

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

It was $180 for 18 mechs.
$180 for what 18 mechs?
Founders was $120 for 4 and the Phoenix pack was $80 for 12 plus $30 for the 6 reinforcment mechs.

#22 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 19 May 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

I personally voted no.

At the time it was offered as a one time only never available again to get these Mechs with Loyalty boosts for a system that wasn't even in place now. I bought them for the exclusivity and show my support for MWO and PGI when every other day there was a thread about how this game would be dead in (a week, month, 3 months, 6 months, take your pick).

Now people who either weren't here or decided not to buy want the same pack. Want an easy solution? Repackage it as a Phoenix Resistance pack. Give the same mechs put give it an ® modifier and without the loyalty bonuses. Hell even give them new badges. However my content was sold to me under the impression I could never get it again, thus why I got it.

This seems like a good and fair way to sell them again, honestly. I see no problem with it as a Phoenix Overlord.

[edit] I voted yes however, since I wouldn't mind if they offered it again.

Edited by One Medic Army, 19 May 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#23 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

Yes vote added. I have no issue with it being reoffered.

#24 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Can all you voters actually click on the poll to see who's voted? Because otherwise I think the vote will end with in favor of re-selling the pack :ph34r:

#25 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Meh. I don't care about it enough- I have Overlord but don't mind if a newbie gets it. Most of the Phoenix Mechs are not great, so its a good learning experience for newer players.

#26 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

I wonder what people think about EXISTING Phoenix owners such as myself being given the opportunity to upgrade our packs. I was there at the time, I bought into the packs, but in an era when the only viable energy weapon was PPCs and quirks didn't exist, I didn't see a good reason to get the phoenix battlemaster.

Should that opportunity be denied forever to make some people feel better about themselves?

#27 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

Voted yes because why the eff not.

#28 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

As far as re selling a "limited time offer" I understand your unrest and for some anger, but sadly that was a standard sales ploy. If you offer something as "limited time" "never again available" just drives impulse sales. After the original sale was under Infinitely Greedy People (IGP) so you shouldn't hold current PGI fully responsible, it is after all just to see where people stand on it. There is no guaranty the pack will be sold even if it's in favor of "yes"

#29 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 19 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I wonder what people think about EXISTING Phoenix owners such as myself being given the opportunity to upgrade our packs. I was there at the time, I bought into the packs, but in an era when the only viable energy weapon was PPCs and quirks didn't exist, I didn't see a good reason to get the phoenix battlemaster.

Should that opportunity be denied forever to make some people feel better about themselves?

Yes, because you should have bought the Battlemaster to begin with if you want access to it now. Instead of whining to get what you want now maybe you should be more concerned with this evil underhanded attack on our sensibilities by PGI who is just a bunch of cheaters and liars..... Oh wait sorry that is a terrible argument and I don't feel that way at all. In fact even if the vote is no I think you should still be able to upgrade your existing package. :ph34r:

#30 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Hmm.

I still find myself torn on this topic.

On the one hand, i have access to the exclusivity that I paid for. On the other hand, I don't want PGI to just keep releasing new mech packs, because it eats at my real life moneys.

This makes me very ambivalent about this topic. While I am certainly attached to my Phoenix mechs, honestly one of the most solid Inner Sphere package sold, I can't say that I'm attached to the point of coveting. The issue being, when I threw down the cash for both the Phoenix, and Saber Reinforcements, part of that deal was that the package would never be available again - literally part of what we paid for was the limited window of availability.

This back-and-forth is likely the reason the poll is so close at the moment.

#31 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Personally, I'm okay with the Phoenix rising again. I understand the complaints and concerns that folks have and maybe there is something that could be done about it.

Like, for example, making the Bronze Medallions are an Original Phoenix-Only thing.

#32 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Just my 2 cents on this topic

From the Phoenix FAQ:

Q: How are the Phoenix Battlemechs cosmetically and functionally different from the Mechs already in-game?
A: The Phoenix Variants of each Project Phoenix Battlemech comes packed with the following cosmetic and functional perks:
Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior
30% C-Bill boost
10% Loyalty Point Boost
Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended.

Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior , in a haphazard sort of way maybe . i still think that was scam
http://mwomercs.com/...01#entry4243501

Important! These Phoenix Variants will
NEVER (i mean its bold and in capital leters, and the word never is clearly defined there is no missunderstanding)
again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended.

So why make a poll !?
and if u sell them again it's just another scam !!

...can i become a founder pls =^^=

EDIT replace scam with Lie, betrayal or some more fitting word of similar meaning, sorry english aint my native tounge

Edited by ViridianKnight, 19 May 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#33 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."
(source: Phoenix FAQ)

Why are we even polling this? It's pretty definitively worded.

#34 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Posted Image

More like this, please.

#35 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

View Postcdlord, on 19 May 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Here's an idea for PGI, stop advertising your packs as limited time offers.... IMO, early bird bonuses are great. After 6 months, they all go away, but the pack is available indefinitely.

In all fairness, it wasn't "their" pack. It was an IGP pack. They might not have gotten much if any input on what the actual terms were.

#36 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Not a Phoenix owner.
Personally, I'm hoping for a yes vote though.

I want the only Locust I don't have dammit.

All or nothing.
If it goes up for sale, you can upgrade, otherwise, why should a small subset get the chance that so many want?

Wanting to upgrade AND keep it 'exclusive' is even more petty (and hypocritical) than wanting to keep it unavailable because 2 years ago IGP/PGI said it'll be limited edition, and you don't want to share.

View PostViridianKnight, on 19 May 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yust my 2 cents on this topic

From the Phoenix FAQ

Q: How are the Phoenix Battlemechs cosmetically and functionally different from the Mechs already in-game?
A: The Phoenix Variants of each Project Phoenix Battlemech comes packed with the following cosmetic and functional perks:
Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior
30% C-Bill boost
10% Loyalty Point Boost
Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended.

Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior , in a haphazard sort of way maybe . i still think that was scam

So why make a poll !?!?!?!??
and if u sell them again it's just another scam
scam - deprive of by deceitscam - deprive of by deceit;

If they put it up for sale (which, legally, if they remove the Loyaltly point bonus, possibly give it a (Pr) designation is not the same and would avoid any contractual issues, IF an online FAQ counts as a legally binding contract), what have you been deprived of?

You still got what you paid for.
Had it for around 2 years now.

#37 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

No, it should be denied forever because that was the contract that was offered and accepted.

Should it be reopened just to make some people feel better about themselves? See, I can use your implied slurs just as easily as you can.

#38 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."

Because sometimes things change.

2. Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the PGI Offerings.
(source: https://mwomercs.com/terms )

#39 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

If this goes through it will create a precedent and pave the way to reopen GridIron LE and Founders mech and Sara Jenner so its not all bad.

#40 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Because many of us didn't buy the Phoenix pack based on the idea that they would never again be available to purchase. We don't care about that bit. Let me give you an example.

stjobe: Hey, Alistair. Do you want a bar of Limited Edition Snickers for a quarter?
Alistair: Yes. Give it.
stjobe: This is the last Limited Edition Snickers I have. If you pay, I promise I won't give more of this to anyone.
Alistair: Don't care. I want chocolate.
stjobe: Here you go.
Timmy: May I have one too?
stjobe: Actually, I do have another. Do you mind, Alistair?
Alistair: What!? You filthy *******! Your promised! You have betrayed me! <burp> Nah, I'm good. Enjoy your chocolate, Timmy.

The end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users