Please Give Timberwolf Lrm Quirks, Pgi!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Those shoulder LRM racks define the iconic image of a Timberwolf and there's a reason she is also called Mad Cat by the Inner Sphere! I'd like to see more Timbies carrying their "nice racks" and using them in the field so I propose PGI to implement LRM quirks on some of the pods.

The general idea is not to turn Timberwolves into LRM boats (no CD quirk which translates to direct DPS increase) but to offer a nice alternative for people to carry LRMs. In order to do this, I propose the following quirks (subject to adjustments):
  • Pods carrying a single LRM rack (TBR A, C, and Prime) get +7.5% to missile velocity and -5% to missile spread.
  • TBR-D side torso pods (2M) get no quirk.
  • TBR-S side torso pods (1B 2M 2JJ and 1B 1E 2M 2JJ) get +5% to missile velocity
I guess most people using TBR-S side torso pods for the missiles hardpoints are the brawler or striker type and I think buff to missile velocity is fitting for them. TBR-D side torso pods gets no quirk so their main attraction is solely on the 2M hardpoints without 2 tonnes of JJs for LRM boat configs.

Timberwolves can already carry Stormcrow loadouts with some space left so I hope LRMs will be an attractive option to fill those empty slots! Several sample builds:
  • 2x cLRM15, 2x cERLL, 3x cERML
  • 2x cLRM20+A, 6x cERSL
Tell me what you think! ;)

Edited by Hit the Deck, 19 May 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#2 xDust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Well, one of the S-torsos actually does have a missile quirk.

Negative cooldown.

Hue.

I run the LRM30 2xLL 3xML build on my TBR-S with torsos from the C and Prime, but it feels kinda stupid to now, since running any pseudo-Prime loadout equates to +15% (I think) duration and cooldown on the lasers.

In any case, I don't really think LRM quirks would hurt anyone, since LRMs on a Timber Wolf are only secondary to what should be a direct-fire energy loadout (see: most every stock Timber variant).

#3 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostxDust, on 19 May 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

In any case, I don't really think LRM quirks would hurt anyone, since LRMs on a Timber Wolf are only secondary to what should be a direct-fire energy loadout (see: most every stock Timber variant).

Yes, and I think they should revisit those negligible missile quirks on some Clan mechs.

#4 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

All I can say is my Timbers and Crows have been hit very hard by this.

Timbers: 2 ERLLs, 2 ERSL, 2 MG, 2 LRM10 (2 SRM6 on TBR-C)
Crows: 3 ERML, 2 ERSL, 2 LRM15

I am not going to make any changes, because I want my mechs to look like lore (TBR: MWO2 intro). I tried replacing the ERLL with ERPPC but I don't have the tonnage to spare. I cordially invite you to call me a noob.

A buff to LRMs would have been in order for 15% burn time and 15% cooldown increase. SRMs are going to be the next big thing. And my laser Gargoyle (nothing else I could do to make it pretty) and my HBR (similar to my TBR) are probably next to suffer. Thanks metas for ruinning it again for us normal players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users