New Narc Feature

5 replies to this topic

#1 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

Work can get REALLY boring at times and the only means I have to somehow force time to move forward is to take my mind elsewhere. In one such occasion my mind wandered to MWO, the prevalence of laser builds/ ECM mechs vs percieved uselessness of LRMs, etc...

That eventually brought me to the NARC beacon system. Currently once applied to an ECM mech, on top of the expected bonus to LRM tracking, it negates the ECM on that mech for the duration. Negligible considering for every DDC in a match you can have 2-3 Hellbringers standing next to it. Narc one and it is still covered by the others. Unless NARC emitted some kind of ECCM bubble around the mech it's latching on to... I was thinking around 50-100m. In that bubble any and all ECM would be negated for the duration of the beacon.

So in this example, the NARCed DDC would either have to find cover or have his other ECM buddies spread out so that they stand outside the NARC's sphere of influence in order to cover the DDC. Either way NARC becomes a means of momentarily poking strategic holes in the enemy's ECM coverage with the bonus effect of blowing up the muderball somewhat.

Thoughts?

Should I just stop thinking about other things while at work ? ;)

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

What company is paying you to be a MWOTheoryWarrior? :lol:

#3 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 19 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

What company is paying you to be a MWOTheoryWarrior? :lol:

The job I want. Seriously you people who can play at work make me green with envy.

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

View Postjaxjace, on 19 May 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

The job I want. Seriously you people who can play at work make me green with envy.

Same here! Is the OP's company hiring?

#5 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

No you guys don't want my job :P I work in an industrial laundry treating linens for most of the hospitals in my city. My current assignation is to monitor a bunch of "more or less" reliable machines that may or may not malfunction at any given time. Sometimes I have nothing to do for half an hour and I am bored out of my skull... and then it's suddenly like London during a German air raid and everything goes to hell.

So... any criticism on the actual suggestion in the op ? :)

#6 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

..and it would also make LRMs somewhat more relevant... once in a while :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users