Ah, Almost A Marauder. Cataphrac 0X.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

Ok, it has the hardpoints of the Marauder, and looks enough like a Reseen Marauder that I could live with it. It even has an ECM as a nice bonus.

However, it still has that silly humanoid left arm. I can't have my cake and eat it too I guess. Well, so much for that idea.

Hopefully the Raksasha will be able to do the fake Marauder thing, but that remains to be seen. In fact, the official variant that has an autocannon on it has the thing in one of the arms, so probably not.

There really isn't anything in BattleTech that can replicate the Marauder looks and loadout, is there? And no, Clan mechs don't count.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 19 May 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#2 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

rakshasa is a copy of mad cat, it doesn't have high mounted ballistic (or even energy like tbr-a), at least pre rotary cannons (dunno where mdg-2a had its rotary cannon, btw why mdg when it's rakshasa, m, d and g it's 3 letters which are absent in rakshasa)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 19 May 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#3 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 19 May 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

rakshasa is a copy of mad cat, it doesn't have high mounted ballistic (or even energy like tbr-a), at least pre rotary cannons (dunno where mdg-2a had its rotary cannon, btw why mdg when it's rakshasa, m, d and g it's 3 letters which are absent in rakshasa)

The 2A has the RAC/5 in the left arm. As for the "MDG," I've only got speculation, based off the chassis model, GM Marauder Special MD. GM - MD -> MD-GM -> MDG
Or even "MAD, GM Special" getting truncated down. It IS built on a modified Marauder chassis.

That said, if you really want to run Marauders right now, you can build the weapon load, if not physical placement, on the CTF-1X and CTF-3D.

#4 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostLugin, on 19 May 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

The 2A has the RAC/5 in the left arm. As for the "MDG," I've only got speculation, based off the chassis model, GM Marauder Special MD. GM - MD -> MD-GM -> MDG
Or even "MAD, GM Special" getting truncated down. It IS built on a modified Marauder chassis.

That said, if you really want to run Marauders right now, you can build the weapon load, if not physical placement, on the CTF-1X and CTF-3D.

mdg reminds me... mad dog -_-

also kit fox cosplaying maradeur lite

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8ef38f00b82a6ab

'i'm a maradeur, maradeur... a tiny one' (:

#5 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

You can also make the Orion-K into a Marauder, but then you just have an odd build on an Orion.

What I want is for the Cataphract to have both left and right arms that are the same looks. By that I mean paddle arms. The weaponry doesn't cut it. It also has to look the part.

#6 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

Can anybody who has one post a picture of it with a Marauder weapon loadout?

#7 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

timber can 100% replicate the classic maradeur loadout but i'm afraid it's torso ballistic point isn't as amazing as kit fox's or maradeur's

#8 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 19 May 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

timber can 100% replicate the classic maradeur loadout but i'm afraid it's torso ballistic point isn't as amazing as kit fox's or maradeur's

I did mention in my original post that Clan mechs don't count. It just isn't the same.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 19 May 2015 - 04:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users