4 replies to this topic

#1 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

Single use module when equipped can be used to extinguish fires in the chassis and stop visual smoke indicators giving away hiding position.

Cheers

Codestar

#2 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:57 AM

I have never seen a burning Mech and I have never seen a smoking Mech except when it was destroyed...

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 20 May 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

I have never seen a burning Mech and I have never seen a smoking Mech except when it was destroyed...

What are your graphics settings? XD

Mech components start smoking when they are cored. It's a great 'shoot me here to win!'

Not sure what I think about the suggestion in the OP. But, as long as there was a cost to it, (the module slot) I don't see why not... I'll certainly never use it :P

#4 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

I had the idea when I was tracking a mech as it ran behind a building on crimson straight and the smoke gave away position and direction of travel as they were deciding which side to exit from. They never made it to the next buildings cover! :rolleyes:

If damaged components produced heat due to smouldering components then it may make the module more compelling.

Just an idea.

Codestar

#5 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I had the idea when I was tracking a mech as it ran behind a building on crimson straight and the smoke gave away position and direction of travel as they were deciding which side to exit from. They never made it to the next buildings cover! :rolleyes:

If damaged components produced heat due to smouldering components then it may make the module more compelling.

Just an idea.

Codestar

Haha, I've tracked many a quary that same way :P

Hmmm, I don't think it deserves a heat penalty... When I get a part cored, one of the first things I hear is 'heatsink destroyed' so, it sort of has one built in, in a round about fashion...

It's an interesting idea... I just don't know if the effort to incorporate it would be justified by use...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users