Suggestion: Ether Undo The Nerfs Or...

9 replies to this topic

#1 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

Note this is a suggestion

give the same nerfs to IS mechs as well such as the Swayback energy boats, the missile heavy Stalkers, ect.

I am tired of seeing a one sided heavy handed ways of dealing with one side of the tech.

I have seen energy boat Thunderbolts, energy heavy Hunchbacks,ect.

so instead of crying over Clan tech boats it should be done to all Thunderbolts, & the Hunchback.

Clan mechs run freaking hot as it is and their missiles launch slower than IS counterparts and so on.

so instead of learning how to dodge missiles, hide from them, mounting AMS, ect. people whine to have it changed.

And no I don't run TW or the other one that got the shaft(thank goodness) or I would be really POed.

I just don't think it is right to screw over some when the whiners refuse to make it happen to all of the mechs from both sides.

Oh I almost forgot, the Jagers are ac 2 heavy and are ac boats so the as 2 nerfs should be given to the jags.

after all what is good for the goose is good for the gander as they say.

so my suggestion is give the exact same nerfs to the Stalkers, Jags, Hunchbacks, & all of the Thunderbolts as they also do the exact same thing as the Clan counter parts.

Edited by VinJade, 21 May 2015 - 01:27 AM.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostVinJade, on 21 May 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Note this is a suggestion

give the same nerfs to IS mechs as well such as the Swayback energy boats, the missile heavy Stalkers, ect.

I am tired of seeing a one sided heavy handed ways of dealing with one side of the tech.

I have seen energy boat Thunderbolts, energy heavy Hunchbacks,ect.

so instead of crying over Clan tech boats it should be done to all Thunderbolts, & the Hunchback.

Clan mechs run freaking hot as it is and their missiles launch slower than IS counterparts and so on.

so instead of learning how to dodge missiles, hide from them, mounting AMS, ect. people whine to have it changed.

And no I don't run TW or the other one that got the shaft(thank goodness) or I would be really POed.

I just don't think it is right to screw over some when the whiners refuse to make it happen to all of the mechs from both sides.

Oh I almost forgot, the Jagers are ac 2 heavy and are ac boats so the as 2 nerfs should be given to the jags.

after all what is good for the goose is good for the gander as they say.

so my suggestion is give the exact same nerfs to the Stalkers, Jags, Hunchbacks, & all of the Thunderbolts as they also do the exact same thing as the Clan counter parts.

You do realize that the best IS mechs got nerfed in there, right?

I also think this is going to be a good thing. Since now people are gonna realize that the clans only had 1 or 2 good mechs to begin with, and hopefully this will buff the non OP clan mechs (The TBR, and SCR are way too good, even now).

HSR is another thing that needs to get fixed. If they do that right, clan ballistics will improve in performance.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

Power creep; one of the most difficult issues for dealing with power creep is any attempt to address it is seen as..."nerfing" and "punishing", displeasing the gamers while improving the situation..and leaving a bitter taste in the gamers' mouths.

Conversely: Any attempt to bandage it comes in the form of extreme buffs which makes people happy briefly...and makes the situation worse.
>.>

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Perosnally, I'm all for equality, be it racial, gender, religious, or "qurky" and "boaty"..

That's why I say, simply remove the whole quirk system, and let mech be distinguished by their loadouts, not buffs and nerfs..

Mechs are special enough for the hardpoints they can fill, and some mechs will be better than others, but that's life.. Its always been an arms race, and people will always play some mechs that are underdogs.

Those who just want to play the most powefull build they can find will always do so, so it really dosent mater to them if its a Timberwolf, a Jeager, or a Raven..

#5 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 21 May 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Perosnally, I'm all for equality, be it racial, gender, religious, or "qurky" and "boaty"..

That's why I say, simply remove the whole quirk system, and let mech be distinguished by their loadouts, not buffs and nerfs..

Mechs are special enough for the hardpoints they can fill, and some mechs will be better than others, but that's life.. Its always been an arms race, and people will always play some mechs that are underdogs.

Those who just want to play the most powefull build they can find will always do so, so it really dosent mater to them if its a Timberwolf, a Jeager, or a Raven..

That is a very bad idea. The quirks at least allow us to have some semblance of choice, and balance, while expanding the pool of competitive mechs beyond 1 chassis (who here remembers the days of 12 man poptarts?)

The Quirks system is honestly the best idea PGI came up with, and it will do a lot of good in the long run.

The real problem is people whining about nerfs to seriously over powered chassis, and seeing it as punishment, instead of the correct treatment that it is.

Clans wouldn't be getting any buffs to their mechs if the T-Wolf, and SCR remaind as OP as they have been since day 1. At least now with the two chassis being a bit weaker than before (make no mistake, they are still extremely strong, it's just that they no longer can be piloted while drunk, and still score 600+ damage), the other underperforming clan mechs will get more spot light, and hopefully some buffs, to bring them to the same level as their competitors.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

Pre nerf timberwolf requirements:
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
= 600+ damage.

Post nerf:
Now...
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
= 600+ damage.
Simply requires a little more cognitive thought and being slightly more organized.

#7 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

I was talking to someone who got a TW and the only thing she actually changed was the Missiles by changing them to five racks to save on tonnage for more ammo(seeing as ammo they come with is way to low) and now her Lasers almost cause her to over heat just from firing her Large Lasers.

She had heat sinks to allow her to use both Large Lasers at once or all of her Missiles at once but never at the same time.
so she is being punished because a few hate the mech's configurations some run.

all we will end up seeing is more ballistic toting mechs(nothing will actually change) and we will see people *****ing about that.

though I am not surprised that only the is players think it is 'okay'.

but I am with Vellron2005 get rid of the quirk system all together as it is everything is one sided favoring toward the IS while the clans get shafted.

I by no means run ether of those mechs, I run clan light and a Cat so I am by no means bias just against unfair treatment of others.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostVinJade, on 21 May 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

I was talking to someone who got a TW and the only thing she actually changed was the Missiles by changing them to five racks to save on tonnage for more ammo(seeing as ammo they come with is way to low) and now her Lasers almost cause her to over heat just from firing her Large Lasers.

She had heat sinks to allow her to use both Large Lasers at once or all of her Missiles at once but never at the same time.
so she is being punished because a few hate the mech's configurations some run.

all we will end up seeing is more ballistic toting mechs(nothing will actually change) and we will see people *****ing about that.

though I am not surprised that only the is players think it is 'okay'.

but I am with Vellron2005 get rid of the quirk system all together as it is everything is one sided favoring toward the IS while the clans get shafted.

I by no means run ether of those mechs, I run clan light and a Cat so I am by no means bias just against unfair treatment of others.

See, this is the part where people make mistakes. Mech construction is a very delicate artform, and it's easy to drastically break something. I would need to see the build this player is using, because in all honesty. I find it hard to believe that a Timberwolf which comes stock with 20 DHS would have trouble handling 1 or 2 ERLLs. Even when fired frequently. As long as they are not being used at under 500 meters, the mech should handle them fine.

As for the quirk system, it hasn't been fully implemented with the clans yet. IS mechs had it for months before clan mechs started getting quirks. So wait until clan quirks are actually finalized before discussing it.

On top of that, most clan mechs have NO negative quirks, even the bloody Nova lost the quirks on it's prime arms. Each one of those arms is worth more than an HBK-4P in damage FFS. So please, explain to me how fixing the two most OP mechs in the game, is punishing all clan players?

This is a good thing for clan players. Now they're going to suffer of far fewer "we can't buff clan mechs because the TBR, and SCR are too OP" arguments thrown at them.

Trust me on this, as someone who's been here for quite a long time now. People are over-reacting, the "nerfs" (they're really fixes to broken mechs that have had complaints since day 1) are fine. Actually decent pilots are already saying the nerfs haven't slowed them down one bit (adding a 10th of a second to the burn duration of a laser is not as bad, or awful, as people make it sound.)

Also, send your friend's build my way. I can help with that. Part of what I do for my unit mates, and friends is that I design, builds for them, and even test them myself. I can help your friend squeeze the best out of that Timberwolf. All I need is a smurfy link to what the build looks like, and what her playstyle is.

Spoiler

Edited by IraqiWalker, 21 May 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#9 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

Or instead of nerfing everything through the ground so hard that it pops out in China in a hot spring, how about actually buffing stuff instead?

#10 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

So, to the OP. I do have one of the mechs that was nerfed (Stormcrow) and I have to tell you....it's still one of the best mediums in the game.

Ran a bunch of matches with it. The nerfs are noticeable, takes a little more effort on my part to get the same performance out of it. But seriously, these nerfs are BARELY noticeable. Let's just walk back the level of whine on this one and realize that Stormcrows and Timberwolves are still going to be frequently seen, powerful Omnimechs in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users