68 replies to this topic

#21 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Oh look a nice speheroid who wants to fuel the fire by helpfully nerfing even more clan mechs that are perfectly fine and can barely compete with overquirked IS mechs. Let me embrace you really really tight, you selfless hero.

#22 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostZeusus, on 21 May 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Thank you for demonstrating why the general community should be ignored on balance issues.

Exactly this. So many players think they know better than the developers when it comes to balance. It doesn't matter what game it is, there are always people with zero idea wanting to give their input on how the game needs to be run.

People weren't mad "because they weren't warned". Anyone with a brain knew the nerfs were coming, and they were LONG overdue. No, people were mad because "their" mech got nerfed. Simple as that. While it needed to be done, many couldn't accept that, and some were so bias they felt it wasn't needed in the first place.

#23 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostMar X maN, on 21 May 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Oh look a nice speheroid who wants to fuel the fire by helpfully nerfing even more clan mechs that are perfectly fine and can barely compete with overquirked IS mechs. Let me embrace you really really tight, you selfless hero.

Would you like to see my mechs?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stupid Wolfs...

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 21 May 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

This thread needs to die...

I've got clan tags, now. But until 3 days ago I was IS since there were factions... I NEVER had any trouble killing Timbies, or Storm Crows... And Dire Wolves shrivel infront of the glory of my King Crab 000(L).

Warhawk needs nerfs? Really? I picked that mech for my prize in the event it was given away... I basic'd it, and sold it... I hated that mech. It does NOT need nerfs of any kind, though it could stand some light buffing.

The clan mechs are fine... Tuukkayyid showed the balance beautifully, almost a 50/50 split... So why are we trying to rebqlance the game? Meta? There are always configurations that are arguably better than others.... That's always been true of Mechwarrior. What's also true, is that it's boring to pilot the same mechs over, and over... And some people can do better with different mechs. And as new content arrives, old meta will fade away...

I can't believe how much this community whines frivolously.

Whining, me?

For one, when have you seen me post a thread about Clan ACs?

Or about how the IS needs a ECM heavy badly?

When?

Tell me, and then I'll listen.

#24 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostKavoh, on 21 May 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

Exactly this. So many players think they know better than the developers when it comes to balance. It doesn't matter what game it is, there are always people with zero idea wanting to give their input on how the game needs to be run.

People weren't mad "because they weren't warned". Anyone with a brain knew the nerfs were coming, and they were LONG overdue. No, people were mad because "their" mech got nerfed. Simple as that. While it needed to be done, many couldn't accept that, and some were so bias they felt it wasn't needed in the first place.

Unless they didn't want to accept the fact that their mech got nerfed.

Anyone with a brain knows that MWO was jumpstarted by the community, which means what we put into it, we should get, and if we want something to change, that needs good change, yes, our opinion should matter.

#25 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

No Mist Lynx?

I think you can remove the Kit Fox from the list. Unless they have a way to buff the speed or unlock the extra DHS, I cannot see them needing anything. Only build I ran that struggled was if I used a Ballistic bigger than MGs, used to work well before the old cERML nerf so that's the weapon, not the Mech.

Adder is in the same situation, buff speed and/or unlock the DHS/Flamer.

Can't really speak about other Omnis yet though I see a SRM Mad Dog a lot. It can do well but is prone to run outta ammo.

#26 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 21 May 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

No Mist Lynx?

yet.

#27 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 May 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Whining, me?

For one, when have you seen me post a thread about Clan ACs?

Or about how the IS needs a ECM heavy badly?

When?

Tell me, and then I'll listen.

Y'know what? You're right, I apologize. I was taking out a frustration with the community at large and ignoring your attitude towards the issue.

You presented a reasonably fair, and open case for discussion. I just think the fact that it needs discussion is ridiculous, and dislike the tone of the people who TYPICALLY propose such a discussion in a much more heavyhanded, and rude manner.

I still disagree that any mechs need nerfs right now... MAYBE the Hugin, I just really don't want to see it happen XD

#28 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 21 May 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Y'know what? You're right, I apologize. I was taking out a frustration with the community at large and ignoring your attitude towards the issue.

You presented a reasonably fair, and open case for discussion. I just think the fact that it needs discussion is ridiculous, and dislike the tone of the people who TYPICALLY propose such a discussion in a much more heavyhanded, and rude manner.

I still disagree that any mechs need nerfs right now... MAYBE the Hugin, I just really don't want to see it happen XD

True.

I hate to discuss it, but I'm just tired of people complaining, then taking no action.

We either take action, or we just go through the vicious cycle.

If we take action, we take the pressure off of PGI, then they won't make so many steps to do things.

The Hugin and Grid Iron are fine. Why? They're mechs you have to buy with real $. It's a necessity to make them like that, else they can't perform. Plus they're limited too. GI doesn't last long in brawls or focus fire. Hugin runs out of ammo, and only ammo based.

#29 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

Derek, your estimation for nerfs is considerably off, lol. Are you trolling us?

#30 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 May 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Derek, your estimation for nerfs is considerably off, lol. Are you trolling us?

No, Nightmare1, sorry if you think I am.

I just want a little change in this community.

Needs a little more, how to say it, flare, to what we discuss.

Right now we're in a vicious cycle in many topics, need to break it.

#31 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

its like I said in the other thread,
if you manage to get any of these mechs nerfed I wonder if you will become public enemy number 1 for all those that play those mechs(on both teams).

now I don't condone TKers(I in fact hate those) but in this case it would be a very interesting event to see none the less.

#32 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostVinJade, on 21 May 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

its like I said in the other thread,
if you manage to get any of these mechs nerfed I wonder if you will become public enemy number 1 for all those that play those mechs(on both teams).

now I don't condone TKers(I in fact hate those) but in this case it would be a very interesting event to see none the less.

I'll still play them, and chances are, they won't get nerfed, right now Hellbringer has a lead in NO, Warhawk too.

and on a side note, polls going to last for two weeks, each one. After that going to show results of them.

From there I'll PM or mail the results to Russ or someone else in PGI.

Then we can finally stop this damnable war of what needs buffs/nerfs

#33 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Before any of you go off into my polls saying that I want mechs nerfed, no, I don't.

I'm doing a phase, so PLEASE, read before saying anything that I want "this" or "that"

#34 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

There gave what i think its a constructive breakdown of why the warhawk shouldnt be nerfed and why i want the summoner to get some slight buffs. my two most played mechs.

#35 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Before any of you go off into my polls saying that I want mechs nerfed, no, I don't.

I'm doing a phase, so PLEASE, read before saying anything that I want "this" or "that"

While I appreciate what you are trying to do the way you are going about it is flawed. The Warhawk is a great example of what I mean. Most don't feel it is fine as is, and I would wager they feel it needs some help, but the way you are polling skews the view of the Warhawk as being fine as is or in need of a nerf when it really just needs help. Having this vote and then PMing it to Russ doesn't give the needed context. Saying you will have another vote later to see if in fact it needs a buff instead only muddies the waters on the entire thing and gives Russ conflicting information when you send him the new vote showing that instead of being fine like the first vote said it now needs buffs.

#36 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

I don't remember the Warhawk being great.

It's great for the Wub, but it's not even in the same boat as the Stalker is normally competes against. I like my Gargles more than the Warhawk... but that involves another reason altogether.

#37 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

I think they should remove laser duration quirks altogether, and close the difference gap bewteen IS - C tech.

I wont say TW was or wasnt OP, i still have my own opinion. All im saying is that such ridiculous Laser duration "quirks" made certain weapon system (cERLL) useless on a certain mech.

Prolonging already long duration beam. Tsk tsk... impossible to trade with its IS equivalent.

- Decrease damage and beam duration of both cERLL (10dmg/1.3s) and cLPL (12dmg/1.10s). Minor range advantages for clans, but also higher heat generation for clans. Also maybe cERML? (6dmg/0.9s)

- Twitch certain overperforming mechs with addition (negative) heat "quirks".

- Fix for U/ACs comming soon. Im now scared hows it gonna end up?

Considering the quirk system, and thus the fact, that if wanted, certain mechs can be disallowed to (efficiently/viably) use certain weapon systems (like TW after latest patch), can we finally get rid of the ridiculous burst system, and change Clan U/ACs (or at least ACs) into one projetiled weapons?

While punishing certain MWOmni Mechs (Diree!) with nerfs that would prevent them to efficiently boat them, would there be any problem at all?

- Brand new skill tree for clan mechs, excluding Speed tweek. You could then give all the clan mechs their BT lore preset speed values, which would also nerf certain "overperforming" or "overpowered" mech
---------------

People've been complaining about Clan laser vomit, and IS boating. Both can be be fixed with Ghost heat (boating) and heat quirk-nerfs for some "omnipods". You wanna throw up? Sure, but go fried.

Increase heat by using minor quirks on TW, SCR, DWF and other "over-performing" mechs.

You can at least close to the impossible balance between C and IS that PGI, and this community so eagerly desires, and tries to achieve.

------

Aside of other things i wrote, and i keep writting all over again on these forums, desperately seeking a ear to listen to me, i will also repeat that i agree on any further buffs to Summoner. Please get rid of that 5 % speed bonus, and at least inlock the damned endo.

The current developement of MWO, and never ending striving to reach the 'balance' with current quirk system makes me wanna throw up. In no way i like the direction its currently heading to (especially now after lastest patch.

Bough Alt A, and wanted to buy clan wave 3, but breaking customization options by nerfing some weapon systems on some mechs with beam duration quirks? Unacceptable. Especially for ERLL w***e like me.

- CW turned up to be kinda dissapointment excluding shinny new maps and some NPC assets added into the game. Was fun from the start, but meh. Im really sorry PGI doesnt have pop for CW, but serves them right.

And now comes the greatest question in the universe:

"To Fund, or To Refund?"

I'll wait. A while longer with Patience of a Jaguar. Spread the ideas if anyone agrees. TY.

#38 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

Tomorrow the Following polls will go up:

Buffs needed?

Warhawk

Hellbringer

Dire Wolf

Ice Ferret

As you can all see, there are no mechs that have been asked ever to be nerfed.

#39 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Voted no on nerfs
Voted YES on summoner buff

Summoner is too beautiful not to be loved

#40 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

Summoner needs the buffs, badly.

So does the Ice Ferret, Nova, and Mist Lynx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users