(Very) Average Mwo Play

173 replies to this topic

#161 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Huntsman First Impressions videos are up!

I was lucky enough to win the Huntsman pack in the NGNG Twitch stream. I raced out and bought a lottery ticket straight after I can tell you. So I figured I would post the videos straight up.

Things start well but then go downhill rapidly. The Prime stock build is ... something. Enjoy! Or not, I guess. Whichever you prefer.

Edited by cleghorn6, 19 October 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#162 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

Ok, all the Mauler matches are up. So if you want to see a bunch of things to avoid in Assaults, go watch me do them :)

Jenner IIC is next, just for a change of pace. Apparently I like making things hard on myself. I went out and Mastered all the Hunchback IICs because, well Hunchback. But I've not done the Jenners yet and I've felt bad about it. So here we are. Not sure if I'll Master them all out straight up. Might do something else in between.

#163 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:23 PM

Ok, I've been playing quite a bit trying to get my Halloween challenge bits and pieces so I haven't posted up any videos recently. I've got enough to get me through to the 1000 mark and I've been thinking about what to do now. Should I start to commentate? Do something else with the videos?

Post up and suggestions or requests.

#164 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

My 2 C-Bills?

Once you finish editing a video, consider what things you'd want to say at specific sections. After that, see if you want to actually commentate on those sections, or the whole vid.

You could also try full post-ed narration of those videos, and see how people react to them, or at least how you feel about them.

#165 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:28 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 November 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

My 2 C-Bills?

Once you finish editing a video, consider what things you'd want to say at specific sections. After that, see if you want to actually commentate on those sections, or the whole vid.

You could also try full post-ed narration of those videos, and see how people react to them, or at least how you feel about them.

This is what I often do in my videos. A lot of times I try to create a script or storyboard so I am prepared ahead of time. But, sometimes I like to watch a finished edit with no audio, then record myself talk and see what sticks. Then take that audio into your editing program, and add it in.

#166 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:41 AM

Nice to see some one is posting reality, like getting cored in not event 5 mins, afk or disco costing the match and so on...

One way or an other MWO is just an arena shooter, there is no battletech here.

#167 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

I put a big batch up last night and I'm at 973. Hold on to your hats, I'm going to be posting a stack of videos in the next few days.

Going forward I think I will aim for one a week. I'll start out trying to talk as I play (then I don't need to edit anything later which makes it easier) but once I get things together I'll see if I can start doing some post-production editing.

#168 Owl Hoot

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

Cleghorn6 you are the epitomy of a Mechwarrior that is just out to have fun and able to shout hurray at your successes and laugh at your failures. I too have been challenged to work hard and get better over time. It is difficult to do that everytime a new mech comes out you jump into it and get owned by every other pilot that has loads of GXP and masters it on day one, knows how to get the meta builds, and lets face it plainly out skills us casual Mechwarriors. My advice to you is find a Mech chasis you like from a personal interest. Find the weapons you work with best and practice, practice practice. If you suck at dakka builds get one and learn how to use it. SRM's the same... and my two that I struggle with PPC's and Gauss.

Take care dude and continue to have fun - I salute you for your tenacity and humbleness in your journey to master all in the wonderful world of stompy shoot them up robots.

#169 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:25 AM

Thanks!

I really am having fun, most of the time Posted Image and when I'm not, usually it's because I've started putting expectations on my results. I've expended effort to avoid setting foot on Mount Try-Hard and I'm almost glad I'm not in a position to play competitively. I think it would suck the fun out of the game very quickly. Yes, it would be satisfying to hit some more shots, or carry a little harder and yes, I get jelly when I'm watching an EmP stream or something and they're looking through the list of their 200-odd mechs, all with little golden wings, but I'm enjoying the game as I play it and I think that's the most important thing for me.

I still get super pumped when I really nail a match, even if I only do 300 damage or whatever. There are a couple of matches coming up that I'll point out where I was punching the air and only just holding myself back from shouting (I'm pretty sure my wife and kids wouldn't appreciate being woken up because Daddy just had an awesome match in a troll KitFox). EDIT: This one in the CuteFox is the first

So thanks for posting and letting me know you're watching. Hopefully when I switch from posting every match to just posting a few, it will be much more worth your while to watch them all Posted Image

Edited by cleghorn6, 08 November 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#170 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

#171 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

#172 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

#173 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 08 November 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

Thanks!

I really am having fun, most of the time Posted Image and when I'm not, usually it's because I've started putting expectations on my results. I've expended effort to avoid setting foot on Mount Try-Hard and I'm almost glad I'm not in a position to play competitively. I think it would suck the fun out of the game very quickly. Yes, it would be satisfying to hit some more shots, or carry a little harder and yes, I get jelly when I'm watching an EmP stream or something and they're looking through the list of their 200-odd mechs, all with little golden wings, but I'm enjoying the game as I play it and I think that's the most important thing for me.

I still get super pumped when I really nail a match, even if I only do 300 damage or whatever. There are a couple of matches coming up that I'll point out where I was punching the air and only just holding myself back from shouting (I'm pretty sure my wife and kids wouldn't appreciate being woken up because Daddy just had an awesome match in a troll KitFox). EDIT: This one in the CuteFox is the first

So thanks for posting and letting me know you're watching. Hopefully when I switch from posting every match to just posting a few, it will be much more worth your while to watch them all Posted Image

Always nice when you get a great match in a mech that isn't usually liked or used. One of my first vids was in the cute fox, and I still use it once in a while. Posted Image

Edited by Larsh, 10 November 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#174 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

It's always nice when you are ahead on time in Domination on HPG, and decide to take the top. Just wait it out, and watch the basement filter out like fish in a barrel Posted Image It was a long wait though, but worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users