#1 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

Boycott it.

You know you want to - show your disappointment appropriately and either do not drop in the event at all or just dust off your IS-tech and play for the grins and giggles

#2 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 21 May 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Boycott it.

You know you want to - show your disappointment appropriately and either do not drop in the event at all or just dust off your IS-tech and play for the grins and giggles

Been a while i havent play anyways lol and CW is gone for me since a long time...

Should they call it the blue Light Saber Event instead?

#3 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

I play for the IS anyway, only take my clan stuff to the regular queue.

#4 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

Gonna be like 20 plus hours to get those 50 points for the personal challenge.....

and there is a 72 hour cooldown on faction switching....so even if you try to do it tonight none of the pilots currently aligned with the IS will even get to participate.

The CW incentive is nice but we are not taking planets because we dont want to, we literally cannot. I dont have enough time at night to sit here for 8 hours and try to take one planet.

Again, its not that i don't WANT TO PLAY CW, i simply don't have enough TIME for it to be worth it with the current mechanics...

i can already see this being another failure....i dont think PGI understands why no one is playing clans.

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#5 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

would be nice if they removed the cooldown and penalty like they did during tukayidd

#6 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

I will boycott it. It doesn't make sense. They knew they were going to piss the fu*k off of Clan pilots with the nerfs, but they were planning to hold a CW event in which you have to use your freshly nerfed CW mechs? LOL it seems these people have no idea what the guy next to him is working on...

#7 Mardek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

#BOYCOTT

#8 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

I am curious to see just how quite the clan side will be in CW this weekend.
I personally will not show up, slapping the clans mechs with nerfs and then throwing them into a competitive event was just foolish, however its less of this and more I have not been happy with the way the Clan Mechs, hell all the mechs have been handled all around.
So while I may go on to purchase the new IS pack, I'm a collector, that will be the last purchase for a while. See what shakes up from the event.

#9 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

Time to boot up Skyrim again it looks like.

#10 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

Thankyou PGI for making my Invasion purchases worth the money spent, now they have a purpose.
Don't sit there complaining about nerfed mechs, just get better using what you have, hate to see you people in a real time battlefield conflict, your gun jams and you'd be dead because you have to use a knife to survive a fight, " OH NO I'VE BEEN NERFED".
Yep I know what's coming next.
C'MON JOHNNY
FLAME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 21 May 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#11 Fenris Kell

Banned - Cheating

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAn Irish Pub

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

Or they are doing it for data collection to justify nerfing the helllbringers next. You know since it doesn't really make a lot of sense to take TWs over HB's, we will be seeing primarily Hellbringers for CW this weekend.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostATTAKHAN666, on 21 May 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Thankyou PGI for making my Invasion purchases worth the money spent, now they have a purpose.
Don't sit there complaining about nerfed mechs, just get better using what you have, hate to see you people in a real time battlefield conflict, your gun jams and you'd be dead because you have to use a knife to survive a fight, " OH NO I'VE BEEN NERFED".
Yep I know what's coming next.
C'MON JOHNNY
FLAME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is....this isnt war. Games are SUPPOSE to be fun....so for me Clan mechs are not fun to play its just like work.

LIke i said, i may get a few in if the ball and chain lets me or if my unit is around when i log on to play some stuff. Otherwise its off to play TERA.

In real battle if my rifle jams i pull out the 1911 :P , but i dont bring a gun into battle then let the manufacturer saw the barrel in half remove half the rounds and take it from a automatic to a semi and expect myself to perform the same.

This is PGI way of seeing if the nerf was effective.....to bad it seems all the butt hurt wont let them get any data other then from PUGS.

BTW, i see you guys have got your channel, if i see ya on over the weekend i will give what help i can.

#13 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

ill boycott it because I have (I) mech I cant use cuz I'm IS.... plus I don't know how to change my faction :unsure:

If they gave us the option to choose 1 IS faction to join and 1 clan faction to join this event wouldn't bother me

Edited by The Boneshaman, 21 May 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

Gee, it's like they implemented nerfs, then held an event to get data about how those nerfs work out in practice!

But go ahead andboycott - I'm sure refusing to play is better than giving them good player data and actually proving your claims that you got nerfed too much.

PS: you boys and girls do know that they nerfed more than your pet chassis, right?

Edited by Void Angel, 21 May 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#15 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

The game needed to get the boring clan drop decks under control. So this is good. It was not fun to play only the same mech. If you do not want the nerfs play a variety. They specifically said the quirks were to deal with the current "lazer vomit meta"
Editing how mechs play can be good. The goal of PGI should be fun and increasing diversity of game play. One way to do this is have people play different mechs. This I support. I support seeing other mechs then mad dogs and storm crows being exclusively used. I honestly would like to see teams of 12 that have drop decks with 8 to 10 different mechs per drop. Not only the same chassis. Much like I am tired of seeing IS with stalkers, and firestarters. It is boring to always fight the same thing. So play some other mechs and tear it up with them. The nerfs are because everyone is playing the same thing and fighting all the same mechs on either side is lame. If the mech stinks bad enough they will buff it. So for the event if you want to protest have everyone play something terrible and get good quirks.

I personally like positive quirks most but when you have the best mech in the game it is easier to edit one then every other one. Again if drop dechs were diversified this quirk pass must change.

PS using it to farm says you get more kills then others and thus it is not balanced.
pps I say this as a player who has every non founder set and most of the hero mechs with some duplicates. Thus I do not want them to stink but to again see more place for diversity.

#16 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I am kind of frustrated that they decide to make events that actively encourage mercenary behavior, rather than actually encouraging loyalism.

#17 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

I agree w/ what all you guys are saying. The dudes are insane nerfing mechs then making a tournament, but what really pisses me is that the personal challenge isn't really that great, and that your paying 30-500$ just to participate in this tournament.( the invasion) Seriously, game parts for 500$? I really love this game, but the events are no fun when your just trying to save money and then they put on a tournament for special mechs only. (although champion mech tournament wouldn't be bad. So, I have 2 ideas for next week's tournament. 1. make a champion mech only tournament and maybe have a hero mech for a prize. (would also be good for the noobs that don't have a mech yet, if you can use trial mechs) 2. Make one of those tournament s to see which is the best pilot for MC, I don't care what kind/s as long as there are mechs that are possible for everyone to play and have fun.

#18 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Well my general feeling about this event is "meh" -- the game has stopped being fun and its just about grinding, grinding, grinding...

the fun part is fighting but in almost all my mechs I overheat and shut down right when the game is getting the most fun...

So the frustration vs fun level has tipped the wrong way...

case in point... I bought the new Cataphract ECM version. With only 4MPLs and a AC20 and w/ 14 double heatsinks it still overheats and shuts down after only a few rounds of firing... almost zero chance of actually fighting 2 mechs at the same time and winning in this game.

Don't even get me started in ERPPCs... almost totally worthless to carry except in quirked up mechs.

I realize heat management is an integral part of the game but PGI has forgotten that people want to PLAY and HAVE FUN. If we had real double heatsinks we wouldn't need all these nerfs and quirks for energy weapons etc. Anyway... now I'm just ranting. Sorry :)

Feel free to boycott... I've got better things to do this weekend. Enjoy your memorial day doing something FUN!

#19 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

YES!!!!

Come play our totally nerfed mechs (mech sell as well)

This is awesome, hope lots of people go jade falcon so we can own Steiner

#20 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users