Uses Canon Merc Units To Balance Cw.

No replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

So, CW 's faction balance gets out of whack pretty easily... And, we're missing the Merc units from lore... Both factors could be remedied by gluing them together.

Create Merc factions, Kell Hounds, Wolf's Dragoons, Eridani Light Horse, Northwind Highlanders, Kathil Uhlans, etc... But, as factions, which house they support at any given time would be designated by PGI as balance requires. Perhaps running on an automated algorythm.

Half the population in Steiner? Throw the Mercs in to the other faction camps to give 'em something to fight.

The only problem I see with such a setup, would be if the Merc unit gets assigned to help out the Clans, and the players only have IS mechs, or vise versa...

To incentivise players letting PGI swing them around, faction loyalty could be accrued towards the Merc unit, AND the house they are employed by at the moment. Or perhaps this could be the magical zone so many people hope for, where you could use either clan, or IS tech. Though, this might be as a last resort.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has any suggestions how this might be accommodated. But I think it would be an easier, and more direct means for PGI to help regulate CW than the admittedly paltry incentives they have been trying to swing around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users