3Pv Time Limited

8 replies to this topic

#1 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

hello, i think 3rd person view is pretty useful for viewing the mechs and adds to the immersion, but many new players just do not turn it off (maybe even do not know how to, but that is not the issue here) and then are horrible

i suggest the drone can fly for 10 seconds and then needs to recharge 1 for second for every 1 second spent flying (so 10 secs 3pv, 10 secs no 3pv)

#2 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

View Posthappy mech, on 23 May 2015 - 12:40 AM, said:

hello, i think 3rd person view is pretty useful for viewing the mechs and adds to the destroys any immersion, but many new players just do not turn it off (maybe even do not know how to, but that is not the issue here) and then are horrible

i suggest the drone can fly for 10 seconds and then needs to recharge 1 for second for every 1 second spent flying (so 10 secs 3pv, 10 secs no 3pv)

FTFY

How in the world does an out of body experience ADD to the immersion of piloting a giant walking tank?

#3 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

I had a feeling someone was going to say the 3PV drone breaks immersion rather than adding to it. :lol: (Personally I agree, but that is not the point of this thread)

But more on-topic, personally I think limiting its use time is a little silly, particularly because it is the default view (for some strange reason I will never understand) for new pilots; having it suddenly turn off after ten seconds would probably be confusing, among other possible reactions.
It has too many drawbacks already to merit making it even harder to use.

#4 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

As it was IGP that supposedly forced 3pv on the game and they are now out of the picture it shud be removed altogether.

#5 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostRyokens leap, on 23 May 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

As it was IGP that supposedly forced 3pv on the game and they are now out of the picture it shud be removed altogether.

Orrr we can remove its inherent advantages (via fog of war), un-nerf arm lock and radar from it, and leave it for people who want to actually look at their mech in battle!

#6 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

sometimes it is nice to go 3pv and chill, but letting new players run around with it all the time, especially on steam, is bad
so at least make 1st pv the default and either remove or limit the 3pv usage (or make the drone destroyable)

#7 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Posthappy mech, on 24 May 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

sometimes it is nice to go 3pv and chill, but letting new players run around with it all the time, especially on steam, is bad
so at least make 1st pv the default and either remove or limit the 3pv usage (or make the drone destroyable)

Yes, FPV should be on by default.

#8 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

Its there for new players so they get the concept of torso twisting. There are no inherent advantages.... if you think there are i will play you 1:1 in the same mech

#9 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostFirewuff, on 25 May 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

Its there for new players so they get the concept of torso twisting. There are no inherent advantages.... if you think there are i will play you 1:1 in the same mech

well, there are inherent DISADVANTAGES, and new players will only get a concept of how useless they are and how unplayable the game is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users