#21 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 25 May 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

The SRM2x4 3S is my second favorite locust behind the 1E. In a good game it will have ammo trouble, but it's a blast to pilot. If it ever got an ammo quirk it would be even better.

I usually ditch the laser and half a ton of head armor for a third ton of ammo:

LCT-3S

Risky on paper, but I still almost never die to head shots. The ammo explosion or much easier torso shots will get me way before that happens.

I would like to see better grouping in SRM2s in general, though. The pattern seems a little too scattered for what it is.

I've long advocated for SRMs to get 120/ton instead of 100. Currently they're the only ammo weapon not to get expanded ammo/ton, and 120 works perfectly with SRM launcher sizes, while 100 does not (it's evenly divisible by both 4 and 6, at both the full and half ton).

As for ditching the laser, you'd be surprised how often a single SL can make the difference between kill or be killed. Not just on this build, either, but much bigger mechs, too. I always try to fit some kind of secondary energy armament for exactly that reason.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 25 May 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#22 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

Pirate's Bane is cheap and surprisingly fun.

1E is your other best bet.

#23 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 24 May 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

All of them.

But...

View PostKyynele, on 24 May 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

1E is by far the best Locust in the game.

Getting Locusts and skipping that one is like going to Paris for a week and only eating in McDonalds.

And for extra lols.

View PostAppogee, on 25 May 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

Pirate's Bane is cheap and surprisingly fun.

This is pretty much your definitive guide.

#24 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 25 May 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I've long advocated for SRMs to get 120/ton instead of 100. Currently they're the only ammo weapon not to get expanded ammo/ton, and 120 works perfectly with SRM launcher sizes, while 100 does not (it's evenly divisible by both 4 and 6, at both the full and half ton).

As for ditching the laser, you'd be surprised how often a single SL can make the difference between kill or be killed. Not just on this build, either, but much bigger mechs, too. I always try to fit some kind of secondary energy armament for exactly that reason.

Even with 300 missiles it's difficult for me to not run out (unless I die early in the match). Honestly, I'd hope for 150/ton (+50% ammo/ton) for that specific mech. That way I could either run the same build with 450 and not run out, or I could run 300 missiles and afford to slot a MLa or SPL. No way would I ditch any ammo for even a small laser without the ammo bonuses. I've done it, and I didn't like it. To each their own.

I suppose +20 to regular ammo and then a +25% quirk would work out to be exactly the same and would work too. I think I like the idea for lighter mechs, but have no opinion on it for anything greater than 25 tons.

#25 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 25 May 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

But...

Hush, just buy all locusts, if you already have some locusts then double them up. It's always worth it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users