New Map Reset After Pgi Decided To Let The Clans Take Half Is In One Weekend?

73 replies to this topic

#21 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostDer Hesse, on 24 May 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Would be about time after this horrible idea because i see no reason for IS to try to take planets anymore in weeks or months of hard work if they get taken away by PGI with events like this one in only one weekend.

Yes, i AM salty. And i have all rights to be.

were you equally upset when a broken algorithm event made the clans unable to take any planets no matter what? In that single event every clan lost all or most their gained territory.

#22 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

We care about the pointless dots?

Since when?

#23 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 May 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

You're still playing the forsaken game mode that's only populated when there are extra bribes rewards?

This.

I only play cw during events.

#24 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Would be about time after this horrible idea because i see no reason for IS to try to take planets anymore in weeks or months of hard work if they get taken away by PGI with events like this one in only one weekend.

Months? It hasn't even been one month sence Tukk and the last reset. As for taking "half the IS", all i can say is put the crack pipe down! Most clans are just barely out of their starting point, and the Jags aren't even that well off.

View PostDer Hesse, on 25 May 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

lol...why do you assume i didn´t earn that progress? I fought on nearly every of those planets. Sure does MS get the Tag because they have more pilots then most houses but does that make my effort less worthy?

In other words, you rode the coattails of MS when they thought it would be funny to take advantage of the Tukk burnout, and push all the clans back to one planet, and now you're acting like a pouting 5 year old because they aren't there to carry you anymore. Nope, no sympathy for you.

View PostDer Hesse, on 25 May 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Well, it´s hard to find anything that matters in this game if you did the pokemon thing and mastered all those shine chassis. So i CW was at least something and Planets and borders had some value...but if they are changed like that then even this little meaning is gone.

Here's a clue, THAT'S HOW THIS GAME MODE WORKS! The borders are't static, one week you make gains, another you take losses, and in fact with fighting on more than one front both can happen at the same time.

Like Repasy said

View PostRepasy, on 25 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

#25 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

There is an IS tournament next weekend like the one this weekend. Difference is us clanners wont cry about it and boycott the tournament like many IS did this weekend.

Quit your crying and nut up!!

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 25 May 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#26 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

PGI needed to do something cause nothing was happening for like 4 weeks straight in CW. So we got our event and who knows maybe PGI will give the IS their own event to coincide with the new resistance mechs

#27 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 25 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

were you equally upset when a broken algorithm event made the clans unable to take any planets no matter what? In that single event every clan lost all or most their gained territory.

In the first months of CW Kurita did feel that a lot because Clans had greater numbers. So yes, i was.

View PostMoldur, on 25 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

We care about the pointless dots?

Since when?

I did from the beginning on, because it was and is the only meaning for matches we have in this game. Not a big one, but it is....was....there.

View PostTywren, on 25 May 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Months? It hasn't even been one month sence Tukk and the last reset. As for taking "half the IS", all i can say is put the crack pipe down! Most clans are just barely out of their starting point, and the Jags aren't even that well off.

In other words, you rode the coattails of MS when they thought it would be funny to take advantage of the Tukk burnout, and push all the clans back to one planet, and now you're acting like a pouting 5 year old because they aren't there to carry you anymore. Nope, no sympathy for you.

Here's a clue, THAT'S HOW THIS GAME MODE WORKS! The borders are't static, one week you make gains, another you take losses, and in fact with fighting on more than one front both can happen at the same time.

Like Repasy said

I said weeks or months because i wasn´t sure and didn´t want to look it up. Read my whole text or just don´t bother to answer.

I did fight against the invasion. And MS did at the same time. in 2 matches i had even MS members in my team. But where is the point? So pointing out an issue is acting like a pouting 5 year old for you? I guess i don´t have to point out the irony that lies within this phrase.
Your sympathy doesn´t matter to me.

I don´t have a problem with moving borders. I didn´t have a problem when we lost countless worlds in the first months of CW to the Clans. But i do have a problem when it happens only because PGI sets the conditions in a way where it is just not fair because it is absolutely clear that every bigger unit would change to Clans because of the rewards for the event.+
You can´t think, that the bordermovement at the moment is normal and fair. If you do then i don´t know what to tell you.

Jeah, what ever.

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 25 May 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

There is an IS tournament next weekend like the one this weekend. Difference is us clanners wont cry about it and boycott the tournament like many IS did this weekend.

Then we will see unfair matches and bordermovement next weekend again. It´s not mathematics where minus times minus equals plus. It´s just unfair and will get even more unfair. That´s it.
The meaning of worlds have been very low from the beginning on, but with events like this it is totally nullified.
And i can assure you that i am not physically disabled, so i would recommend to stop that kind of inappropriate language usage or are you talking like that outside of forums? In that case never mind. ^^

View PostGrimwill, on 25 May 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

PGI needed to do something cause nothing was happening for like 4 weeks straight in CW. So we got our event and who knows maybe PGI will give the IS their own event to coincide with the new resistance mechs

Like i said...that won´t make it better.
And to bring up the numbers in CW they could have made a fair event with equal prices for both sides or at least not give the additional chance to change factions without penalty. The outcome was predictable. At least it was for me.

Edited by Der Hesse, 26 May 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#28 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostMycrus, on 25 May 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Dont see the point to CW when pgi can reset the map at whim...

Honestly, people should not be really worrying about this.. the CW is in beta 2 now.. They are working out functions, changing game play, adding maps.. the CW will be lots different a year from now.. Heck it is tons different than it was 6 months ago.

Just have fun.. Till it leaves beta because you know it is getting a final map reset.. then anyway.

I just am not sure how mercs swaping alliances, and going where the money is, is anything but a norm. they don't care as long as they are getting paid...

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 May 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#29 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

Although I agree with you that this last event was rather one sided on rewards, this doesn't give you the reason to lie like a 2 year old.
https://www.mechstats.com/CW

EDIT Hit the Faction button, you can see the tally of worlds.

Edited by Romeo Deluxe, 26 May 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#30 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 25 May 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Well, it´s hard to find anything that matters in this game if you did the pokemon thing and mastered all those shine chassis. So i CW was at least something and Planets and borders had some value...but if they are changed like that then even this little meaning is gone.

Pokemech, gotta master them all,

seriously now go for getting them all with XL engines, all their hardpoints filled, Com guard clanbuster tech status, then buy 600 modules. THEN you get to say you are done.

#31 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

Still a Beta....

#32 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 26 May 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

Honestly, people should not be really worrying about this.. the CW is in beta 2 now.. They are working out functions, changing game play, adding maps.. the CW will be lots different a year from now.. Heck it is tons different than it was 6 months ago.

Just have fun.. Till it leaves beta because you know it is getting a final map reset.. then anyway.

I just am not sure how mercs swaping alliances, and going where the money is, is anything but a norm. they don't care as long as they are getting paid...

Waiting for launch before ill play this in earnest again...jj

#33 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostRomeo Deluxe, on 26 May 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Although I agree with you that this last event was rather one sided on rewards, this doesn't give you the reason to lie like a 2 year old.
https://www.mechstats.com/CW

EDIT Hit the Faction button, you can see the tally of worlds.

I don´t get what your problem is. Where did i lie? What have planets we took from davion to do with the problem i talk about, if you are referring to that?

And what is that 2 year old crap. Is that the new thing to speak to others in that manner? You know how ironic it is to do so, don´t you?

View Postjaxjace, on 26 May 2015 - 03:21 AM, said:

Pokemech, gotta master them all,

seriously now go for getting them all with XL engines, all their hardpoints filled, Com guard clanbuster tech status, then buy 600 modules. THEN you get to say you are done.

All hardpoints filled *check*
All equipped with engines, XL where appropriate *check*
All fully equipped with modules ... erm....not really so far, but working on it. ^^ (have at least 40-50 fully equipped, not sure how many exactly. I did burn like 250.000.000 only at the weekend where the weapon modules were on sale. ^^

And after buying the same modules at least 40 times (radar deprivation and seismic) it gets kind of dull to farm only for that, especially when all mechs you really use from time to time are fully equipped.

So far im working on having my 4 different CW dropdecks and all my heroes fully equipped with modules. But that will still take some time since i bought way to many of them.

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 26 May 2015 - 03:32 AM, said:

Still a Beta....

I guess you intend to be sarcastic. In that case....jep! ^^

#34 Cyborx

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 25 May 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

im wondering why PGI is only bringing those island-solutions. No one willing to play CW - ok,we need an event where everyone participating wins, like always. THIS is BORING! I bet PGI is still wondering why CW isn´t a boombastic adventure. Answer: There is nothing to fight for ! no faction loyality. other side wins -> Switch faction! wow, that´s the Feeling of loyality! lol

#35 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostCyborx, on 26 May 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

im wondering why PGI is only bringing those island-solutions. No one willing to play CW - ok,we need an event where everyone participating wins, like always. THIS is BORING! I bet PGI is still wondering why CW isn´t a boombastic adventure. Answer: There is nothing to fight for ! no faction loyality. other side wins -> Switch faction! wow, that´s the Feeling of loyality! lol

And if you are loyal you get such an horrible event and forumflaming when you point it out.

#36 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 25 May 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

IS didn't boycott the tournament they switched to Clan. ;)

#37 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

IS let Clans take IS planets by switching to clans for this event!

Edited by ztac, 26 May 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#38 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

View Postsdsnowbum, on 26 May 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

IS didn't boycott the tournament they switched to Clan. ;)

View Postztac, on 26 May 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

IS let Clans take IS planets by switching to clans for this event!

exactly

#39 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

Beta ...

#40 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

The difference for me for playing either for IS or Clan would be to get a 5% LP booster or not.

The difference for rewards is only truly relevant for people that bought mechpacks. And then only for those that actually play in CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users