- - - - -

Dumping Ammo

21 replies to this topic

#21 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 29 May 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

They don't replace, they add to the number of slots. Or that's how I interpret it. So instead of 12 (?) crit slots in the CT, if you add a double heat sink, there are now 15 which decreases the chance that any one slot receives a critical hit.

It might be a good idea to get some clarification on that as it would take a lot of time to verify it. I don't think it's even possible for me to test the double heat sinks without setting up private matches.

#22 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:16 AM

The question posed was by Deathlike:

"Hi Omid, that's very helpful.

How do XL engines and SHS/DHS added to the engine (275+ engines) work into that formula?" (<<He's referring to the post with the image of the Centurion with the crit table values listed)

Answer by Omid:

"Good question, they don't work the way you'd expect. As far as the Crit Table is concerned, the additional heatsinks are treated like extra items equipped to that component. That means it's possible for them to get crit and destroyed independently of the engine they are slotted in, and that each extra engine-slotted heatsink impacts the overall crit distribution of items in that component."

He says the heatsinks are treated like extra items equipped to the CT and that each additional heatsink affects the crit distribution of items in the CT. He earlier stated that engines and gyros and actuators are factored into the crit table already so that must mean the extra heatsinks add more slots to the crit table thereby decreasing the chance any one of them gets hit.

But you're right, it doesn't explicitly say that. Confirmation would be nice, but the devs never post in the New Player help to my knowledge. Nor is it easy to get a specific technical answer from them since the Paging Karl Berg thread became usused with the departure of Karl.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 30 May 2015 - 02:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users