• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostTylerchu, on 01 July 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

So...they're extended range SRMs

Not Exactly, ER SRMs don't exist.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 01 July 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#22 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostRogen, on 01 July 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

Well i would add to that list close combat weapons, Hatchets were available in 3050, Swords came later, and claws maces are mostly Solaris/experimental.

Then there would be various equipment.
IS Targeting computer
Stealth armour
Enhanced Artemis V system
Light TAG
Light active probe
Angel ECM
BloodHound active probe
Improved JumpJets

And there is also a lot of ineresting system options:
Light engines (IS)
Compact engines
Compact gyro
XL Gyro

And also could be mentioned various armor and internal structure systems, mostly experimental.

I left out hatchets and other 'blunt' weapons because PGI has stated those won't be coming as the game stands now for technical reasons. If that changes I'll add them. Of course if it's changed I expect mechs like the Axeman to finally be added as well.

I also was focused on weapons hence 'weapons of the future' for the name. Besides that most of those options come out much later in the timeline... Some items (like Angel ECM) are also incredibly hard to place in timeline. The sources state it was in prototyping sometime around 3055, however the original source (the FASA Tactical Handbook from 1994) suggests it is identical to the Guardian ECM in functionality and only used by Kurita. It's not until Tactical Operations from Catalyst came out in 2008 that this system was made better than normal Guardian ECM (it counts as two or allows ghost images as well as providing ECM/ECCM). When that happened mechs began to specifically come out including the AECM. The same counts for the Bloodhound AP.

For those reasons I skipped adding additional systems and focused as much as possible on weapons or weapon like (AMS, Tag, etc) systems.

Edited by Shadey99, 02 July 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#23 JTYoshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:46 AM

Why can't we have the hatamoto variant I mean there are like 5 variants in 3050
I think that the marauder would also be nice to see and the mongoose another 25 ton light

Edited by JTYoshi, 06 July 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#24 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostJTYoshi, on 06 July 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Why can't we have the hatamoto variant I mean there are like 5 variants in 3050

Is that the one that uses swords?

#25 JTYoshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:58 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

Is that the one that uses swords?
No the hatamoto uses only weapons that are already in the game now

Assault with ppcs and lasers most variants have missles and one i have seen has ballistics as well

Edited by JTYoshi, 06 July 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#26 JTYoshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:24 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention it looks like a samurai which is badass

#27 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

I realised my locust can field twin Mech Mortar 1's. or an urbie can do a Mech Mortar 8.

(lazy to research? LRM's with no locks, mortar low velocity projectile, number = projectile, each projectile does 2 damage... very long range...

imagine coming into CW and get bombarded down those attack lanes by 12 man team of urbies with mech mortars...

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 July 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

I realised my locust can field twin Mech Mortar 1's. or an urbie can do a Mech Mortar 8.

(lazy to research? LRM's with no locks, mortar low velocity projectile, number = projectile, each projectile does 2 damage... very long range...

imagine coming into CW and get bombarded down those attack lanes by 12 man team of urbies with mech mortars...

It would give us a reasonable/logical/makes sense way of destroying gate generators, and bombarding base defenses, in a semi-realistic way.

#29 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

You do know that you listed the larger versions for the artillery pieces right which are unable to be mech mounted? The mech mounted ones have significantly less range, weight, and size. Also the artillery cannon you listed is not a single weapon it's talking about a classification that describes the mech equip-able versions for the artillery pieces.

Here:
Long Tom Cannon: 20 tons, 15 crits ( http://www.sarna.net...Long_Tom_Cannon )
Sniper Artillery Cannon:15 tons, 10 crits ( http://www.sarna.net...rtillery_Cannon )
Thumper Cannon: 10 tons, 7 crits ( http://www.sarna.net.../Thumper_Cannon )

Edited by TheSilken, 06 July 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#30 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 06 July 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

You do know that you listed the larger versions for the artillery pieces right which are unable to be mech mounted? The mech mounted ones have significantly less range, weight, and size. Also the artillery cannon you listed is not a single weapon it's talking about a classification that describes the mech equip-able versions for the artillery pieces.

That was an accident. I didn't intend to keep the link to general artillery cannons, but it seems it made it in from my first draft... x.x

All three mech equippable arty pieces are correctly linked and listed though. So I did actually have all three listed already.

Edited by Shadey99, 06 July 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#31 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

It would give us a reasonable/logical/makes sense way of destroying gate generators, and bombarding base defenses, in a semi-realistic way.

To bad the MW: O turrets retract back unless they are able to annoy you (so no turrets) and the generators got cases (no generators)... only thing this can be logical for is the normal wall turrets.

1 problem is how the clan version could be seen as OP.... it's half the tons and half (rounded up) crit slots.

#32 Angry bovine

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

You put IS ER-large lasers as being introduced in 3058, however they are already in game

#33 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

arrow-4 or mech mortars when -_-

as for mrm imo they will have a major problem with spread over their long distance, it will be hard not to make them either overpowered over srm or underpowered

#34 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 July 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

To bad the MW: O turrets retract back unless they are able to annoy you (so no turrets) and the generators got cases (no generators)... only thing this can be logical for is the normal wall turrets.

1 problem is how the clan version could be seen as OP.... it's half the tons and half (rounded up) crit slots.

They can be balanced the same way we have been balancing clan weapons to compensate for them being lighter, and smaller.

#35 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

They can be balanced the same way we have been balancing clan weapons to compensate for them being lighter, and smaller.

Current fix for ballistics...

IS fire 1 bullet, clans fire X amount of bullets

Current fix for missiles

IS fire cloud, Clans fire stream

Ballistic idea may work BUT it is highly possibly to make IS automatically OP even with the double weight and stuff...

you more scared of 1 projectile doing 16 damage or 8 projectiles doing 2 damage each in a stream that will most likely spreed?

#36 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Uggghhh I am a level 2 Battletech fanatic. It greatly pains me to see people talking abought ERPulse Lasers, Mech Mortars, Bombast Lasers or any of the other bullpoop that came out in 'maximum tech' in a obvious ploy to sell more books. I know most of the player base has idea what I'm talking about and accept everything on sarna.net as gospel cannon truth. But seriously, this stuff was bullfeces 20 years ago. There's a reason why no serious game ever let these weapons in.

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:30 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 July 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

Ballistic idea may work BUT it is highly possibly to make IS automatically OP even with the double weight and stuff...

you more scared of 1 projectile doing 16 damage or 8 projectiles doing 2 damage each in a stream that will most likely spreed?

With a Mortar, I would prefer the multiple projectiles. It allows for error correction. Whereas the single shot is problematic, if you miss.

#38 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 July 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

With a Mortar, I would prefer the multiple projectiles. It allows for error correction. Whereas the single shot is problematic, if you miss.

In a way yes... but keep in mind mech mortars can also do direct fire as well.. and it can act like an AC 16 / 8 / 4 /2 so to say....

#39 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 July 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

In a way yes... but keep in mind mech mortars can also do direct fire as well.. and it can act like an AC 16 / 8 / 4 /2 so to say....

Yep, except their projectiles are even slower than AC projectiles

#40 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 July 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Yep, except their projectiles are even slower than AC projectiles

technically we do not know how it'll be... never been in a game, it could be as fast as a AC 20 for all we know...

But anyway... I do not think the 8 bullets vs 1 bullet would go well... Do mortars have HE ammo? I want splash damage so much for them for some reason... so that even a near miss could do damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users