Mechwarrior Online Game Controler

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Make Controller built JUST for MWO? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a Controller made just for MWO?

1. Yes! Take my wallet! (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Yes, but i'd want it to work with other games too. (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Yes, but only if it came with a MWO based 'single player' mode. (2 votes [22.22%])

4. Maybe, but there are things higher on my list. (1 votes [11.11%])

5. eh. maybe it'd be a nice thing to get in a geek mode with (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I prefer Keyboard and Mouse (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Would you donate money to comission a comp to make this?

1. Yes! Serously. take my Money! (1 votes [11.11%])

2. Yes, but only if i got a pre-order/bata-testing role with it (1 votes [11.11%])

3. Yes, but it'd need to be affordable (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Maybe, but i got bills to pay first. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. It'd be nice, but i cant donate. (2 votes [22.22%])

6. It should be included in top tier packages pre-ordered for MWO. (1 votes [11.11%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

So. looking over some old news in gaming it seemed that Razor had an idea for an MWO Controler which would be (in my honest opinion) game changing. at present, long ago and far away I tried using a controller to play the game. as much as I tried I couldn't get the feel for it. but picture if you had a controller which was built JUST for MWO? Am I the only one who thinks that this would be awesome?

The link to Razor's original ruff idea draft is here: http://www.bit-tech....veils-artemis/1

I'm sure that PGI would agree that a MWO made controller would increase the 'feel' of the game. so I'm wondering if we players could start a pool to commission a game controller company to begin work on this. With the Steam release now seems like a decent time to take this out of concept and into reality

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,743 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

The major issue I see with any Joystick implementation is how MWO currently handles joysticks, making them ineffective for all but the die-hards.

http://mwomercs.com/...ls-demystified/

Lots of feedback from others, tis a good read, overall.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Watching someone trying to snipe with a joystick is downright painfull. They cannot brawl either. Anything involving shooting is hopeless with a joystick.

I remember someone trying to shoot a moving TW at 20 meters with lasers and missing 3 times in a row recently.
The shooter stood still himself and he was in a Cicada if i remember correctly. 1 laser briefly clipped the TW's RA but it was so brief i count it as a miss.

#4 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

If they fixed the game to work better with a controller. then I could see this working. I just assumed that people would understand I implied it in my original post. all the same I know the pains of trying to use a normal joy stick. it's not fun. but I think a joystick made with this game at heart would be awesome with a few tweeks to make it work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users