147 replies to this topic

#121 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

The groups carrying their team mates to the top is pretty (**&^T in my opinion. It is too easy to let them kill steal etc.

#122 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:36 PM

Well, it has been good so far, I have not played this much MWO in months. My goal is to get into the top 100 for Grasshoppers, which it looks like I will before Tuesday.

#123 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostRascally Jack, on 31 May 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

The groups carrying their team mates to the top is pretty (**&^T in my opinion. It is too easy to let them kill steal etc.

Its why leaderboards are so awesome mate, just think how evenly spread out that top 5 payout is.

#124 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

20 Games where faster over than I thought.

The CW event last weekend was much better imo cause I like the CW gamemode much more, especially with the new map with the blue sun. PGI should CW make playable in the normal public queue.

#125 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:32 PM

@Steve Pryde: Who knows, maybe CW will be an option for the main public queue once it's out of the beta stage.

Nice easy challenge weekend, got the points soon enough and since I don't have the pre-order mechs, just zipped around blowing up Zeus and Grasshoppers for a few days. Started doing shockingly well with an ER PPC Raven 3L after I got mad at ER LL duration. My 3L just seems more sluggish on the throttle response than it used to be, so the PPC helps keep face time to a minimum.

#126 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostRascally Jack, on 31 May 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I am just going to disclaimer my #1 position here for the record.

Achieved by carrying pug teams®.

As for your comment. Whatever floats their boat - some players get there by skill, some don't. At least those that get up there by skill can be proud of it. ;)

Edited by White Bear 84, 01 June 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#127 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

Great fun, did not make the top 100; guess you can not do that if you have a life :-). Anyway, ended the night with 98% towards the resistance goal. Hope you Euros and jobless westerners can get us to 100! Ed Steele signing out for the night!

#128 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

Where's the poll?

#129 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 02 June 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Where's the poll?

Even though we met the goal, the event isn't over yet. Nearly 2 hours left. I'm sure the poll will go up after the event is officially over.

Jody

#130 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

MWO Leader Board Events are marathons and not sprints. Congrats to Mr Wrong my merc mate and SMC for his triple showing on the leader boards. Impressive showings by everyone who cracked into the top 50, I know I had to play more than 20 games in the Panther to get to my spot.

I feel like you have to be a glutton for punishment to even get on the leader boards, much less staying there. Carrying teams in those PUG matches while my team mates are shooting me in the back, blowing off my legs and arms is VERY frustrating. All to get that 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 game that increases your score for the tournament. I can only do that for so long before Id rather be watching something on Netflix or walking the dog.

#131 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Gratz to all those who got up on the leaderboard!

#132 Majz de Bruyn

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

so, where is the poll?

#133 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Bear it is not many and you are correct whatever floats their boat. I scrapped my way as high as 15th before ending up 18th overall in the Zeus... Congrats on your 1st place!

I should not have typed angry... but it is there and I do stand by it.

Zolaz you are so right on how you say what the matches are like. I had some time but I am proof you can be on the leader boards have a life and job. The key is an understanding wife :D :D

#134 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

After competing in the Atlas Leaderboard (5th place) and the Battlemaster Leadboard (12th place) I decided that I wasn't going to even look at the tournament page this weekend due to being busy with work/family commitments. Played my 20 games, that's it. I was kinda curious though so I peeked today and I ended up 52 on the GHR board with just my personal challenge matches. Should have squeaked in a few more games :D

#135 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostRascally Jack, on 02 June 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

Bear it is not many and you are correct whatever floats their boat. I scrapped my way as high as 15th before ending up 18th overall in the Zeus... Congrats on your 1st place!

I should not have typed angry... but it is there and I do stand by it.

Zolaz you are so right on how you say what the matches are like. I had some time but I am proof you can be on the leader boards have a life and job. The key is an understanding wife :D :D

Thanks RJ! I do know what you mean though.

As for your last comment - if it wasn't for the GF I would have played all day Sunday and Monday on another variant hehe. But for the best part the GF is very understanding + we have a desk next to each other so at least we can sit and do stuff together (which gets me off the hook a bit! :P )

#136 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

Yep same here :P one big PC desk for two side by side so I really do know what you mean :D :D

#137 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

Where is the poll?

#138 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 31 May 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Well, it has been good so far, I have not played this much MWO in months. My goal is to get into the top 100 for Grasshoppers, which it looks like I will before Tuesday.
don't feel bad.v I came in 1996 in the enforcer rankings. Of course I only played 1 match in it. I switched to the timber wolf pretty quick. I love the Cameron warhorn and good ole timby was the quickest way there. :)

Edited by ThomasMarik, 03 June 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#139 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:40 AM

Just like many others... I am looking for the poll... not that i'D know who to vote for, I actually lIke all 4 new Resistance variants...

#140 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

I guess enough of you have asked, so I don't have to...

Where's the poll?

OK, yea I had to ask too

Edited by Seamus McKenna, 03 June 2015 - 08:14 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users