147 replies to this topic

#61 actionking

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Will there be a sale for IS Mechs like the one for the clans ?

#62 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 28 May 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

IS players would like a CW booster medallion too !!!!!!

One reason why Phoenix owners should be tearing up a storm.
But they're not.

View PostNavid A1, on 28 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

I hate leaderboards

because it is unhealthy... Because it ruins the gameplay... Because you can not have fun during one... because you can't do it and be done with it... Because it makes me want to puke for a month after the event if i hear or see anything MWO related (good thing actually)

Well they are not the only thing in this.

View PostParaDevik, on 29 May 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

So Founders, Phoenix /AND/ Resistance gets non-CW event based events /AND/ get to Poll things. Whilst people who bought the Clan packages had a CW event and didn't get anything to do with polls? What the actual ****, PGI?

Good event and all will take part in it regardless.

But seriously why are you guys ******** on the clan players so much? First a more expensive package which was Wave III which has a lot less content then the Resistance II package which is cheaper then Wave III but has about double the content then Clans.

Actually I would say the Phoenix owners got **** on more.
Founders got to vote on which map to upgrade.
Resistance gets to choose first R Champion Mech.
Clans got goodies including better LP bonus medallions than Phoenix owners got and seriously changed the CW map proving problems with CW. (Not that those and other CW problems seem to get noticed.)
Phoenix owners got to vote on a question some found confusing and caused the most friction and hate among this community than the other 3 events.
So you can see who really got **** on.
Spoken by a non-Phoenix owner.

View PostEd Steele, on 29 May 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Son, I is happy, no CW, no armchair general who is only is a great leader in his own mind giving me orders to repeatedly commit suicide.

You think only CW has those?
Oh we have them in PUG Queue also. Ran across a well known one last night, always takes command, always does the same plan on every map & mode, plan always fails.

#63 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 28 May 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

LOL, next week is Wave II or Urbie Challenge?

Hehe, maybe the Urbie challenge would unlock a poll as to whether the Urbie should come out for C-bills? :P

#64 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

nail in the coffen, PGI are only for the clans. gtfo devs being bias lol

#65 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 29 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

Hehe, maybe the Urbie challenge would unlock a poll as to whether the Urbie should come out for C-bills? :P

I approve - Urbanmechs for everyone! :)

#66 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

Pheonix owners had their medallions increased to 5% as well

All the medallions are in the store

I'm laughing at the whiny kids that think leadership in a group game is bad, pug or not.

Picking a mech to get buffed is a far lesser thing than the Pheonix vote, though it was very divisive,

Phoenix purchasers didn't get shafted..

Just wow people saying leadership in a group game is bad, guess what, it'll be a lot harder, with groups of people helping each other farm for the leader board, for solo people to get anywhere, than it was last week, in CW, as grouped scores will count in this one

Edited by Cathy, 29 May 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#67 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostTemplar 14, on 29 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

The one mech you refer to only counts towards the "Kills" tally; you can use any mech to get points.

I think the one mech he was referring to was actually about why a CW event styled like the Clan event wouldn't work for Resistance. While Clan pilots had potentially 3 Invasion chassis to pick from in each weight class (4 in heavies), Resistance owners have a maximum of one in each weight class. If you wanted to get 4 points in a drop, you would HAVE to take a Panther ®, an Enforcer ®, a Grasshopper ®, and a Zeus ®.

Of course, if you really wanted a choice in the Clan event, you needed to have shelled out $150 or more, sooo...

#68 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostCathy, on 29 May 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Pheonix owners had their medallions increased to 5% as well

All the medallions are in the store

I'm laughing at the whiny kids that think leadership in a group game is bad, pug or not.

Picking a mech to get buffed is a far lesser thing than the Pheonix vote, though it was very divisive,

Phoenix purchasers didn't get shafted..

Just wow people saying leadership in a group game is bad, guess what, it'll be a lot harder, with groups of people helping each other farm for the leader board, for solo people to get anywhere, than it was last week, in CW, as grouped scores will count in this one

The Phoenix bronze medallions are NOT in the store, and are the only ones relevant for getting that paltry 5% Loyalty Points bonus. The others are merely decorative.

I believe the rank 15 medallions are all bronze, although the Clans don't have an equivalent... yet (June 16 release of those loyalty medallions).

#69 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

i want the steiner fist with the star around as picture on my crab.

#70 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostTemplar 14, on 29 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

The one mech you refer to only counts towards the "Kills" tally; you can use any mech to get points.

If you read the post I was responding to, someone was sad that we didn't have a CW event like the Clans did, (in a CW match with an 80 match score, you would get a point for each "Invasion" variant in your drop deck. The resistance version would be the same but for "Resistance" variants only. Clans have a wide selection of Invasion mechs to choose from, Resistance owners will only have 1 in each weight class, untill Resistance 2 drops.)

What they should do is do a joint event, honoring both Clan and IS owners in CW, where Wave 1-3 Invasion variants count towards points, and Founders, Phoenix, Resistance 1, and Resistance 2 special variants all count. That would be cool!!

View PostG SE7EN7, on 29 May 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

nail in the coffen, PGI are only for the clans. gtfo devs being bias lol

Lol and on the other side Clan players be like "PGI doesn't even want Clans in the game, they are so IS biased with their over quirked mechs and their completely devastating nerfs to the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow. Both completely useless mechs now (ha) because PGI hates Clans"

Honestly, keep calm, we will have an IS based CW event at some point, especially after Resistance 2 drops I bet.

#71 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Glad to see another event.

I was expecting an inverse to last weekend's event, but I'm actually glad to have a 'normal' event myself. I'm sure there will be an "IS Strikes Back" event in the future, but probably after R2 drops.

#72 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, why *aren't* IS loyalty medallions available for purchase, or earn-able as a CW prize?

#73 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

I think I will play some matches this weekend !

This will be a nice and simple event, where don't have to spend 48 hours on playing.

Thanks for that.

#74 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

@[color="#b27204"]wfischer[/color] I would fight hard to have a Impy Hula Boy, SeanLang Hula Boy, or EdMeister Hula Boy. Or maybe a bobblehead. That thing would be hilarious in my mech!

#75 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostTiger Dad, on 29 May 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

@[color=#b27204]wfischer[/color] I would fight hard to have a Impy Hula Boy, SeanLang Hula Boy, or EdMeister Hula Boy. Or maybe a bobblehead. That thing would be hilarious in my mech!

I demand a Paul (the Dev) bobble head in his famous Gendo pose!

#76 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 May 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

The Phoenix bronze medallions are NOT in the store, and are the only ones relevant for getting that paltry 5% Loyalty Points bonus. The others are merely decorative.

I believe the rank 15 medallions are all bronze, although the Clans don't have an equivalent... yet (June 16 release of those loyalty medallions).

This.

If the Phoenix medallions got a boost, never heard of it and it does not change my point. Heck, we just recently saw several Phoenix players talk about how they wanted their exclusive items to be exclusive and have value. Once I saw the Clan LP medallions, I knew what would happen. Now we have Clan and Phoenix players with LP medallions, you see the IS saying, "Where's the balance?" on it. When the IS medallions come, they probably will not look like the Phoenix ones but will lower the value of that medallion making it less exclusive. Completely the opposite of what some Phoenix owners wanted.

Just because someone takes charge does not mean they should. I have no problem with someone being a leader unless they follow the same failed plan all the time. If the plan keeps failing, you either get a new plan or let someone else lead. Nothing 'whiney little kid' about it, that is how it is done by grown adults.

Picking a Mech to get the Champion buff and how it is designed is worth far more than a vague question that causes confusion and community problems. After the Dragon Champ that was designed by a player before Gauss charge & quirks, all Champs got designed in house and made players got 'WTF?' I will just pick one of some, XL Stalker. If you were new, you may not know what that meant, picked it and experienced players saw you thus you died easy especially in CW now. I do not buy Champ Mechs, I only own one I won but having the ability to design one is worth far more than the Phoenix poll was.

#77 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 May 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

I sit corrected ;)

Damn means i have to scrabble through every IS mech I own to find them, that could take days ..

Edited by Cathy, 29 May 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#78 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

I dunno what all the fuss is about.

They give us something almost every weekend (maybe EVERY weekend? Not sure, I was away for a bit).

They make sure that people that didn't invest money with them (i.e. Wave packs, Resistance packs) still can get SOMETHING. The rewards have been pretty standard for some time, so there should be no real surprise there.

No complaints from me. Thanks PGI for spicing up the weekend for me!

#79 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

No matter what free goodies are given out, some people just have to moan and complain. It's just plain ******** for players to threaten every week that they will quit just because the faction/package/(insert todays hot topic here) didn't get exactly what they want done to it. Seriously, some of you are starting to sound like entitled spoiled prepubescent brats.

There has been nothing but lots and lots of free stuff this month for players playing the game. Its free stuff, enjoy it. Stop trying to make a big deal out of everything and complaining about nothing.

wow... did it really blank out the word re-tarded?

Edited by Talos7, 29 May 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#80 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

good event,600 ms pings make the game unplayable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users