Support Services Update!

33 replies to this topic

#21 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

@Alex G and Bobby J ... thanks for the information and feedback ... so far so good.

Please keep up the communication, even if it's just a minute or two each day OK ... that's not realistic ... even if it's just a half hour once a week, to let us know how things are going.

Communicate with us, show us that you're human and care, and most of us will give you the benefit of the doubt when things go sideways.

#22 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Couldn't help but notice your Panther loadout. Why wouldn't you use the 10K with the ERPPC quirks?! I'm so confused right now.

#23 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 May 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

I have always been happen with Pgi support. .

As have I, on the few occasions I've needed to use it.
Sounds like it's going to get even better as well, so awesome.

Welcome Bobby!

#24 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostHyper99, on 29 May 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Couldn't help but notice your Panther loadout. Why wouldn't you use the 10K with the ERPPC quirks?! I'm so confused right now.

Well that's kind of embarrassing....
I originally had standard PPC's in there, using the 9R velocity boost. I only made the switch to ERPPC's recently and I completely glazed over on that Quirk difference.

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

All I can say is that my experiences with Support (overall) has been generally poor due to "communication" issues.

Sometimes it's the message... though these days it's how long that message took to get answered. When it was about Billing, it's fast... but if it's for something like a random faction change (when I wasn't in a unit - I didn't select the faction - it was changed on some somewhat unscheduled PGI maintainance), it took WAAAAAAY more than 8 days (more like 2+ months, but I'd have to check for the actual length (it was long, and I got a response way after things "resolved themselves").

So, as far as I'm concerned about Support... I'd avoid them as much as I can unless I truly have to use it.

#26 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 29 May 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Well that's kind of embarrassing....
I originally had standard PPC's in there, using the 9R velocity boost. I only made the switch to ERPPC's recently and I completely glazed over on that Quirk difference.

Where's my cookie?!

#27 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 29 May 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

8 days huh? Waiting for an adequate reply to my latest since 12th February. But ok, I'll play ball ... submitted one just today, lets see how fast that'll be answered.

It's average so it means easier queries are answered right away (within a day) while harder/complicated/missed ones might branch out longer. It's entirely possible to have a 30 day old ticket and still have an 8 day average response time (cause statistics/metrics).

In our old customer support system we had tickets that were 30-60 days old and yet the average response time was just a few days because a lot of easy issues are answered quickly and in bulk.

It might list 95% of queries answered within 8 days and that last 5% can be gathering cobwebs.

Edit:

I would just like to add that you don't need a complete Knowledge Base to launch it. You just need most major/common issues and then build from there. I know the web developer might need some time to pretty it up with nice pictures and buttons though. Good KBs are updated regularly (weekly if possible and immediately if any major issue occurs, we had a guy dedicated to updating KB and getting latest info from CS/devs/CM). Don't just build one and let it become outdated and don't make it a 'group effort' to update it cause it won't get updated. One guy has to be in charge even if it's not a dedicated position. Include KB updates in internal reports.

Other than that looking forward to it. We got ours up within a week. The guy I assigned for the articles said it'd take a month so I went ahead and wrote 25 KB entries for him overnight. That shut him up and he launched it after the weekend.

Edited by Elizander, 29 May 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#28 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

Knowledge Base ??

Do you really think anybody needs this ??

We have the fantastic in-game tutorial, which was celebrated as a big step forward for MWO in the past (I think you can remember). This tutorial should be enough to cover all vital aspects of MWO.

#29 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the update - I have to say on the rare occasions when I have had to contact support I have received a great service.

#30 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

I only ever have good things to say about the PGI support team. Keep it up and rock on !

#31 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:46 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

MechWarrior Online Knowledge Base and Support Portal

As you may have noticed, MechWarrior Online does not currently have an official, user-accessible Knowledge Base in place. We realize this is a fairly significant gap in our services, so we've been working on a comprehensive MechWarrior Online Knowledge Base to fill this gap. This Knowledge Base will be comprised of a range of articles covering as many aspects of MechWarrior Online as possible, such as gameplay mechanics and common technical questions or troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to cherry pick whatever you want from this document
https://docs.google....d.g263f6502b_00

#32 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostBobby Jubraj, on 29 May 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I'm super excited to finally be formally introduced to everyone! Our number one goal right now is to try and get back to all of you amazing folks as soon as humanly possible so I'm going to do my darndest(!) to make sure we reach those goals. Also a short message to all of you that have a ticket that you sent in a while ago that hasn't had any response at all: We haven't forgotten about you! I'm working my way through those as well and I'm going to make sure everybody gets a response.

I look forward to not only helping you guys get MWO up and running, but also getting to know you all better as you're some of the most devoted and hardcore fans I've seen!

Take care and always remember:

Posted Image

You, sir. Just won the internet.

#33 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:44 AM

Can you guys please tell development to un[redacted] the matchmaker.

The solo queue is messed up where it takes a bunch of average players and puts them against 1 or 2 top players and terrible players. It literally is making unwinnable. Setting up spread out spawns also caused more issues because now you are more likely to have a bunch of mecha rambo wannabees running off on their own to die.

Edited by DeathlyEyes, 30 May 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#34 furiousurdead

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

8 Days for a response time huh..... It's hilarious how PGI is proud of that response time. Coming from someone that worked in a call center for Xbox Hardware support...... That response time is horrid and why this game is going to die. If PGI actually cared about their player base this wouldn't be something their proud of. Just keep milking this cash cow, remember it won't last forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users