Ttk Feels Like It Got Cut In Half After This Patch

8 replies to this topic

#1 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

I imagine there were some netcode improvements done and HSR is much, much better.

Anyone else feeling like this is the case?

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Haven't been able to test it yet.

Frankly, TTK isn't something I worry about; I'm a survivor. My experience has been that the ones who complain loudest about TTK are also the ones who don't properly utilize cover.

#3 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 02 June 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I imagine there were some netcode improvements done and HSR is much, much better.

Anyone else feeling like this is the case?

If they made any improvements they probably would have been shouting it from the mountain tops and it's not in the patch notes.

#4 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 02 June 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Frankly, TTK isn't something I worry about; I'm a survivor. My experience has been that the ones who complain loudest about TTK are also the ones who don't properly utilize cover.

That too and also are the ones that run in to die and get focused on by being an easy target .

#5 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, from the sound of things, the AC buff really helped the Dires a lot. That doesn't worry me too much though since Dires tend to move in straight lines and have such a narrow firing arc. If you find yourself in front of one's guns, then you did something wrong, lol.

#6 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 02 June 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

I'm actually feeling it both ways. I feel like I'm sawing mechs in half effortlessly, yet a single mistake causes my STs to fall off. I'm not opposed to this type of gameplay, but it sure feels very different than before the patch.

#7 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Lol well I shot at some people then was moving and 2 seconds later I got the kill for them. I have 60 ping usually this has never happened before

#8 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 02 June 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm actually feeling it both ways. I feel like I'm sawing mechs in half effortlessly, yet a single mistake causes my STs to fall off. I'm not opposed to this type of gameplay, but it sure feels very different than before the patch.

I actually like how that sounds; it makes the game more of a high risk, high rewards thinking game. If you're not careful and if you don't think before you act, then you get yourself killed.

Maybe it'll make players more tactical. I doubt it though; I predict a forum explosion of whining.

#9 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

yeah i ripped a Warhawk to shreds with the UA10 improvements...it seems like all my shells are actually registering now. 3 uac10s used to tickle people, now he peeked at me with a red center torso and 1 quick double tap sent him back to the hanger...I also got my face melted in another game by a wahawk with only 2 uac10s. I aint complaining having my shots register is a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users