134 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:50 AM

Can we please make it that any mech who runs out of bounds and dies is charged 1000 deaths to severely lower their precious KDR.

I am seeing this more and more. Instead of fighting a lone teammate will make a Bee Line for the border to suicide

Also prevalant is suicide by Overheating and Jumping to destroy your leg armor. But the out of bounds one is really the only one you can monitor I guess.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:52 AM

SO he chose the way he goes out and you don't like it. Got it.

#3 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:55 AM

Seppuku reserved for the finest pilots of the Draconis Combine!
But most people do it because they don't want to be farmed by the enemy
or give any monetary/beneficial gain to them, i.e the other team has 47 while your team has 1-12.

Edited by Armored Yokai, 03 June 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#4 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Let's restrict the actions others chose to take because we don't like it.
Makes sense...
While we are at it, can PGI jam the enemies weapons when they aim at me? It's to a point that sometimes it's hard to fight back.

#5 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 June 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

SO he chose the way he goes out and you don't like it. Got it.

Be nice, you know full well that anyone who doesn't play exactly how Darian DelFord wants them to is a terrible, terrible person.

#6 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 03 June 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Be nice, you know full well that anyone who doesn't play exactly how Darian DelFord wants them to is a terrible, terrible person.

Nah not terrible, just hate suiciders

What promoted this was Pract 0XP seeing we were down 4 mechs take his ECM and head for the border leaving the rest of us to be Lurmed on Caustic :mellow:

Edited by Darian DelFord, 03 June 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#7 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 03 June 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

Can we please make it that any mech who runs out of bounds and dies is charged 1000 deaths to severely lower their precious KDR.

You can't protect your KDR by suiciding, a death counts always as a death, no matter how you die. Staying alive by winning or hiding is really the only way to protect your KDR.

Those people you are talking about are usually trying to deny the kill to the enemy while ending the game as fast as possible. They do not care for their KDR, but for their reward/hour. So, your punishment would not hurt them at all.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 03 June 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Nah not terrible, just hate suiciders(Among various other pet peeves)

What promoted this was Pract 0XP seeing we were down 4 mechs take his ECM and head for the border leaving the rest of us to be Lurmed on Caustic :mellow:

Ok Fixed that.

#9 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

any death counts to your death counter

but if some people want to deny enemy of kill it's imo their right
i personally always suicide if i can and the death is inevitable, get a big deny

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 03 June 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

any death counts to your death counter

but if some people want to deny enemy of kill it's imo their right
i personally always suicide if i can and the death is inevitable, get a big deny

Technically so do I. I go out to face teh enemy and die in a blaze of glory. It is the stupid way to go hey never said I was smart.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

no way i let them add my ears to their necklace if i can avoid it

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

Please make it so that those who override shutdown and die to over-heating is charged 1000 deaths to severely lower their precious KDR.

I am seeing this more and more. Instead of fighting like a gentleman, the coward intentionally suicide via overheating and I do not get the kill rewards. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 03 June 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#13 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 June 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

Please make it so that those who override shutdown and die to over-heating is charged 1000 deaths to severely lower their precious KDR.

I am seeing this more and more. Instead of fighting like a gentleman, the coward intentionally suicide via overheating and I do not get the kill rewards. ;)

LOL Yup, but that one is kinda harder to determine. Going out of bounds is a bit easier so they were in my sights ;pp Have to admit though its fun watching a MIst Lynx or Spider with Red Legs trying to suicide by JJ'ing in the air and falling. Everyone ones a bit of that action when they are flying, its a race to see who wins, the Spider or the 5+ other mechs trying to hit his legs.

#14 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

I mostly agree with the OP.

I don't mind people overheating and exploding or ripping their own legs out from under them in battle, but when they intentionally run away to suicide in hiding or off the map, then that bugs me.

Either play the game, or quit the game. If you can't handle losing, then MWO does not need you. I know that I personally grew out of suicides around the age of eight; it's time the rest of our supposedly "adult" gaming community did too.

There really needs to be a penalty of some sort since they are sabotaging their fellow team mates. I've seen matches that came down to 1v3 that could have been won by our lone Light, but were lost because the pilot chose to run and suicide out of bounds. That's maddening. There was one that would have counted for a giveaway prize round too, because it was a very good match for me. I just needed to win it for it to have counted for that particular weekend tournament.

That all-precious, invisible K/D is everything to some cowards though. At the very least, suicide should count as a death just like getting killed by Red Team. I'd like to see intentional suicides included in the CoC as a form of refusing to participate and/or team sabotage.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 June 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I mostly agree with the OP.

I don't mind people overheating and exploding or ripping their own legs out from under them in battle, but when they intentionally run away to suicide in hiding or off the map, then that bugs me.

Either play the game, or quit the game. If you can't handle losing, then MWO does not need you. I know that I personally grew out of suicides around the age of eight; it's time the rest of our supposedly "adult" gaming community did too.

There really needs to be a penalty of some sort since they are sabotaging their fellow team mates. I've seen matches that came down to 1v3 that could have been won by our lone Light, but were lost because the pilot chose to run and suicide out of bounds. That's maddening. There was one that would have counted for a giveaway prize round too, because it was a very good match for me. I just needed to win it for it to have counted for that particular weekend tournament.

That all-precious, invisible K/D is everything to some cowards though. At the very least, suicide should count as a death just like getting killed by Red Team. I'd like to see intentional suicides included in the CoC as a form of refusing to participate and/or team sabotage.

Well running out of bounds is quitting the game don't you think.

#16 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 June 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

Technically so do I. I go out to face teh enemy and die in a blaze of glory. It is the stupid way to go hey never said I was smart.

Me too. Screw hiding or suiciding, I'm gonna make you work for your cookies!

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostRhazien, on 03 June 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

Me too. Screw hiding or suiciding, I'm gonna make you work for your cookies!

Now I see it the other way around. Hiding and making them chase me is forcing them to work. walking out to them is silver platter service.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 03 June 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#18 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 June 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I'd like to see intentional suicides included in the CoC as a form of refusing to participate and/or team sabotage.

So, if someone is the only one left on the team, facing off against, oh, 6-12 mechs depending on how the round went, you're going to force them to stare down the barrels of dozens of weapons when they, in all likelihood, won't be able to do diddly-squat to the opposing force...

Sounds like a great way to make someone rage quit to me.

If suicideing weren't an option, then the map borders would be much smaller than they are, and you wouldn't have any obvious avenues of retreat.

#19 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

You know what bugs me?

People not capable (or not willing) to understand what is to deny the enemy a kill.
Multiple ways to do so:
1 - Overheating in battle or off it
2 - Suicidal drops when the last leg(s) is too damaged (not as easy to accomplish as one might think)
3 - Running out of bounds in the map
4 - Hiding out of sight
5 - Running all over the map with a 150kph+ mech, to shoot the enemies back on occasion

All these options are valid for any player to take in order to deny that one kill and every single time I see someone (Dead) saying to go fight to the last poor pilot alive I just answer "You played the match your way, let him do the same".

But it still amazes me how many spoiled and selfish pilots are out there when they think their match ended because they were destroyed and so all the remaining members of the team should just suicide towards the enemy. God forbid them from waiting while the match is still rolling (even if the end result is expected to be a loss).

#20 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 June 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Well running out of bounds is quitting the game don't you think.

Quitting the game means that you don't drop into another match with the secret knowledge that when the going gets tough, you're going to stab your allies in the back by running away.

View PostAlan Davion, on 03 June 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

So, if someone is the only one left on the team, facing off against, oh, 6-12 mechs depending on how the round went, you're going to force them to stare down the barrels of dozens of weapons when they, in all likelihood, won't be able to do diddly-squat to the opposing force...

Sounds like a great way to make someone rage quit to me.

If suicideing weren't an option, then the map borders would be much smaller than they are, and you wouldn't have any obvious avenues of retreat.

I remember you.

You were the idiot that harassed me on another forum thread, sent me a personal and very caustic IM, and then blocked me so I couldn't respond.

You're not worth my time. Bug off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users