All Module Strip

10 replies to this topic

#1 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

"strip all modules from all mechs" needs to be a thing, I have no problem putting them on every time, hell, I check every time, so putting them on is not problem, but remembering where they are? with as many mechs as most people have (no offense to those that have few) it can take me upwards of 20 minutes or more to track down modules, nothing makes me want to log out more then 20 minutes of searching for a module followed by 5-10 minute search time, followed by 7 minutes of game play....

edited for clarity:

Edited by lpmagic, 03 June 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#2 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:33 AM

true words

#3 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

Just for clarity, it's a "Strip All Modules from All Mechs" that the community is asking for.

#4 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 03 June 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Just for clarity, it's a "Strip All Modules from All Mechs" that the community is asking for.

True dat

#5 kbilly

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

Yes please!

Make this a thing. So annoying trying to find which mechs I have my modules on.

#6 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

Or play and buy modules for each mech. It takes time but id rather play a mech minus modules that spend hours in the mech bay. Seriously its not that hard

#7 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

I would love a strip modules button!

#8 Doktor Kloetenstein

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

This option is still not in after it has been requested as a basic necessity? Unbelievable

Is it that hard to implement a function like this: "Warehouse->Modules->Mech Modules->Rightclick->Strip all" ?

Same could go for Consumables and Weapon Modules once you're on it.

Please, don't neglect this request any longer.

#9 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,901 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

Sure, it's useful, but it's not a basic necessity - whether or not it's been called that by people asking for it. It IS a very useful suggestion that would eliminate a ton of mousing over thumbnails; but being a condescending jackass about not having it added yet is not constructive feedback. Here, let me.

View PostBlizzardjunkie, on 22 August 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

This is a much-requested option that would really help us to manage our module inventory. It would be great to have an option in the Inventory menu to "Remove All Modules," and the option to check boxes for Consumables, Weapon Modules, and 'Mech Modules would really help us out - and make the UI much more responsive to player needs.

Fixed that for you.

#10 Doktor Kloetenstein

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 August 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Sure, it's useful, but it's not a basic necessity - whether or not it's been called that by people asking for it."

Thanks for the statement modding but still an objection!

With module prices as high as complete mechs and mechs piling up in the lab for me it is an absolute necessity to implement. I would not ask for it were module prices something like 300K. I simply would outfit all mechs.

Ipmagic's arguments are still valid. I love pimping mechs in the lab. But then I choose to do so and don't mind the time invested. But not sweeping through all mechs searching for a specific module that I only have once because of the ridiculous prices and thus wasting time instead of playing.

Guess we have to wait. I'd sure love an official statement on this issue though.

#11 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,901 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

I'd like it as well - but when you're asking people for things, it's best not to pair your request with acrimonious criticism and the implication that this one thing would be done if they were doing their jobs. It's not that simple.

The costs of modules is a separate issue in my mind; it does affect how important a feature like this one is, but that's more a side effect of having such a slow c-bill economy. If PGI closed down development and just left the servers running, do you know how long it would take for you or me to grind out all the content that's been released via c-bills?

Answers will be measurable in years, and that's assuming you play like it's a part time job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users