Toggle-While-Held Chain Fire

No replies to this topic

#1 ChoboN00b

• Pip
  • Guillotine
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

I'd like to be able to map a button to switch the fire mode of your weapons groups while it's held. ie. if groups 1, 2 and 3 are alpha fire and groups 4, 5 and 6 are chain fire, then holding the button would make 1, 2 and 3 chain fire and 4, 5 and 6 alpha fire.

This would work the same way arm lock works. Arm lock is set to be persistently on or off, but there is a button that temporarily switches arm lock mode while held.

Some background:

Most gaming mice are not set up to handle MWO's interface. They don't have 6 buttons that can comfortably be used as fire buttons. They may have 3 or 4, but the remaining buttons will be thumb buttons which are not as easy to use while aiming as finger buttons. In traditional FPS games there needs to only be a fire button and maybe an alt-fire button. Other finger buttons can be used for grenades or melee attacks (though these are often keyboard functions). The thumb buttons are designed for non-aiming functions like reloading or switching weapons; both mechanics that are not used in MWO.

Currently one needs to set up dedicated weapon groups for chain firing. In my case they usually mirror my alpha-fire weapon groups; I have them for heat management purposes mainly. Since my "good" mouse buttons tend to be reserved for the alpha fire groups, reaching for the chain fire buttons can be awkward. Holding a mapped keyboard button down while clicking Mouse-1 would be way easier then fumbling around for some awkward thumb button or a finger button that was originally designed to be used for on-the-fly DPI switching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users