27 replies to this topic

#21 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 04 June 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I saw in an advert for the game that it's aim is to alter the future, however I'm not entirely sure whether this is true or not. Is the games aim to alter battletech lore or is it following the path already set down?

MWO is apocryphal as far as BT is concerned, meaning that anything added here does not automatically become a part of the real lore, which makes a lot of sense for a computer game. CW already does differ from how the war actually plays out in the lore.

#22 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

I like the lore, but never enough to handicap an awesome game!

#23 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

The lore is not being rewritten, just ignored where convenient. Now, history, that IS being rewritten. :)

#24 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

After seeing the quality of the stock load outs from lore, I hope they rewrite as much as possible.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 04 June 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...71#entry4473871

Sadly: "....we hope unlocks a start to a lot more tournaments and e-sports mentality for MWO".

That's why MWO has a lot of design's issues: because is PGI/Russ vision, this is NOT a BT game, neither a combat simulation.

That phrase also means"We are not able to do other than an e-sport, pew pew whatever robotto skirmish arena"

As I wrote in another thread:

**** eSports!

Edited by Mystere, 04 June 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#26 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostMawai, on 04 June 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

There are a lot of folks slamming Russ' vision ... whatever that may be. I'm not sure it is justified

The rage and lament threads regarding the poor Russ vision ARE justified.

Because of these points:

View PostMawai, on 04 June 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

1) since MWO is and always will be constrained by its basic design.
2) If you think about it ... MWO has NO other reason for existence in the longer term EXCEPT as an e-sport. This is because there are really no other reasons to play the game long term.
3) The solo or group queues are all about repetitive ~10 minute battles.

#27 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostChuck YeaGurr, on 04 June 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

After seeing the quality of the stock load outs from lore, I hope they rewrite as much as possible.

Seriously.

Also, we need a native American faction and space whales that can devour whole planets at once. Acid cannons and telepathy attacks would add to the weapons nicely (though PGI probably couldn't balance them into the mix properly).

Also, I'd love to see some mini games where we could gamble on space poker at some point and purchase real estate of some sort (but only if there were maintenance/insurance costs and real estate tax).

#28 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

once upon a time we had planetary campaigns with immersion...
they had logistics, economics, intrinsic factional relationships based loosely on the Canon that shifted every cycle!!, maps based on the planet which you were dropping on....if you played megamek or neveron randomly created maps unless you had fought on that particularly patch of land before :)
they had salvage, salvage rights, proper mercs working for the IS instead of Minor IS houses operating as Mercs, IS houses that were IS houses...Clans that were Clans...Proper Clan tech...
no goddamn ghost heat
etc etc etc...
all the things I wish they would just give up and put into this game so it can be Battletech instead of whatever the fk this is...
and Russ still thinking, "This we hope unlocks a start to a lot more tournaments and e-sports mentality for MWO."
Alas...PGI has the rights till 2020 soo unless they finish running the game into the ground or Russ suddenly has a come to Jesus (aka the money) moment....this **** is the **** we get

Hell I'd be fine if they left the IS quirked all the hell as is no nerfing on any IS mech ever and then made the Clans/Clantech fullpowered with no quirks....at this point :P

Edited by ArchAngelWC, 04 June 2015 - 09:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users