#1 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

Tbh I'm tired of having teammates go DC/AFK and not come back within 5 minutes.

How about letting friendlies who are destroyed pilot said mechs on their side? The queue would be formed in terms of who died first and he/she has the option to do so or continue to spectate.

The reward while piloting this mech however, will be split evenly among the team.

#2 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

I suppose in those rare cases, it could turn the tide of a match.

On the other hand, I can also foresee light mechs going full speed to the enemy spawn and take it out quickly before there are any kills done, just to prevent a new mech to join the fight.

#3 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

Naw... I consider a DC a guy who could not get his Mech started or blew a fuse or forgot to fuel up. It happens, Its part of the game.

#4 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

Bump.

#5 Illuzian Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 213 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

It's not viable, we have the reconnect mechanic, maybe for AFK but still, you can't predict the person isn't going to come back and it's also a mech you don't actually own.

Yeah AFK/DCs can be annoying but not as annoying as a mech who goes out of his way to shutdown somewhere obscure.

Some kind of automatic reputation system would be better with some form of temporary punishment for AFK etc would be better.

#6 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

I 100% agree, although it makes no sense. The devs put in the Reconnect feature in not long ago, and for some reason the game is already half over or over by the time you connect. The reconnection is either too slow, or games just don't last as long for this feature to be useful.

Sometimes players will reconnect right at the start, but I think a simple timer can be implemented before rejoin gets disabled and someone can commandeer an abandoned mech. That irritates me because the Rejoin-window will open for a very short amount of time. Or you can allow some other pilot to join a match already in progress! Like the Disco after a certain time gets slated as an open slot, and in place of it's Medium Centurion another Med pilot can load up in a Griffin-1N. For example.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 06 June 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#7 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Nah, it has all kinds of other odd implications. Such as the luck of what caliber player dies first to get the fresh mech, how many CBills that player earns, who gets credit for the kills, let alone needing to setup weapon groups for a mech you don't even own.

I think it would be too difficult to program, and too problematic.

#8 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 04 June 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Naw... I consider a DC a guy who could not get his Mech started or blew a fuse or forgot to fuel up. It happens, Its part of the game.

Huh......I like that.

My suggestion would be to have AI take over the mech. Maybe even have it so lance leaders could give it orders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users