I Need A Hero Leaderboard Event

143 replies to this topic

#41 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

10th post down Matt Newman had announced their will be more events for the other hero mechs so quit crying about you hero isn't part of this event.

#42 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

No personal challenge? :(

Great. Well, I feel left out. :/

#43 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

i see the wang jokes have started without me. since the AH my wang has seen little play time :( the ah even replaced my wang in my IS CW drop deck. but i see myself playing with my wang this weekend

Posted Image

Dirt Wang by Bishop Steiner

Heavy Metal i don't know yet. if i can get past the crying about not being able to leap building in a single bound i may have to blow the dust out of it

Fang and Flame were bought but never really played much so i may have to push one or both out the door...

who am I kidding i am playing with my wang!!

why the wang because

Edited by loopala, 04 June 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#44 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

View Postloopala, on 04 June 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

i see the wang jokes have started without me. since the AH my wang has seen little play time :( the ah even replaced my wang in my IS CW drop deck. but i see myself playing with my wang this weekend

Posted Image

Heavy Metal i don't know yet. if i can get past the crying about not being able to leap building in a single bound i may have to blow the dust out of it

This is cool.

#45 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

INHALE MY yen loWANG ENRAGEMENT urbanMECH!

#46 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

View Postloopala, on 04 June 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

Dirt Wang by Bishop Steiner

Fang and Flame were bought but never really played much so i may have to push one or both out the door...

who am I kidding i am playing with my wang!!

why the wang because

lol i was watching mad max III last night and was thinking about this song

#47 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

I guess I'll have to find engines for my Fang and Flame. Now, where did I put those XLs...

Maybe I'll just run the Pretty Baby. Oh well, either way I can always use the c-bills.

#48 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

PRETTY BAAAAAAAAAAAABY !

#49 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 04 June 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

PRETTY BAAAAAAAAAAAABY !

Easy target for my Wang..

Unleash all the Babies!!!

#50 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

Hmm a leaderboard event using bad mechs.... cool story, needs more dragons... oh wait, it has those...

#51 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 04 June 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Hmm a leaderboard event using bad mechs.... cool story, needs more dragons... oh wait, it has those...

A leaderboard event using bad mechs and group queue....Even cooler lol! ...... :wacko:

#52 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

Wang or Baby, hmm~

#53 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

And I'm just sitting here with my Arrow, Ember and Golden Boy, oh well. At least I can peacefully elite out my 4th resistance variants. With the numbers of Wangs I will probably encounter, I will have a chance to find out who's better at AC/20, Enforcer-4P or Wang.

#54 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

The CTF-IM "ILYA MUROMETS"- is a great Mech, stop lumping it in with bad mechs. If you think its a bad mech, its because you have never piloted one, or you just do not have the skills needed to be effective in that mech.

Awesome PB, while not a great mech, its viable. Have had many great matches in mine. Yes they really didn't try to help it with the quirks they gave it (why they didn't give I the er ppcs buffs ), but they doomed that mech from the start. It is however one of the Worst Mechs to spend Real$$ on.

My Son runs a Yen-lo and bloody loves the thing, he always has good matches in it. - again requires some real skill. Yes it does have a weakness - main weapon in an arm, lose It, your pretty much a meat shield for others. - but we have many mechs like that - griffins, wolverines, several have all energy in one arm only.

The oxide - requires you actually have skill - those with such skill sets generally wreck face with that mech and can make big mechs cry like little girls. Lots of good oxide pilots around, hate running into them when I'm in a light, I am not a good light pilot, fair at best, actually same goes for any weight class.

The X5 nothing wrong with it...good blend of missile or energy firepower. Has the speed to keep up with a Jenner. Why folks calling it bad? Dunno maybe because its not an alpha striking killing machine perhaps, requires real skill to be effective?

Yes there are few mech that are a little weak on the list, and not remotely worth spending real cash on, but most are not "BAD" mechs.

Dragons aren't bad mechs, but require a pilot with good skill at spreading damage. - ok I sold mine, not a good pilot at spreading damage. In fact I am horrible at it. but I've watched good pilots do very well with them. Also, now with the ludicrous ac5 speed buff they got, even no skill pilots can run them and look good.

Like I said, its normally not the "Mech" that's bad, just the pilot lacks the skills required to be effective in that mech. Like the myst lynx - I sold mine, but I see a few folks with real skills doing just fine in them. Same with the ice Ferret.

Edited by Meta 2013, 05 June 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#55 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

I like the add-on of 20% more C-Bills, so I guess its time to roll out with my past dakka-mech again. I feel a little nostalgic about this. The Ilya was a good mech - but I will not grind for the leaderboard event. Too much of a hassle for... a mech bay? Thats about 2 bucks worth playing a whole weekend. Nope.

What about: Everyone who reaches the every 1000 point mark gets a mech-bay? So anyone, who reaches 3k gets 3 mech bays. Or anyone that reaches a match score (the one you see in-game) of over 100 can choose a cockpit item?

Something that is fun and rewarding.

#56 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:55 AM

Brought the PB on previous Hero sales and haven't driven her yet.
Time to bring her out this weekend.

Never mind the ranking, I need cbills for a third Mad Dog.

Posted Image

Edited by xengk, 05 June 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#57 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

View PostTúatha Dé Danann, on 05 June 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

What about: Everyone who reaches the every 1000 point mark gets a mech-bay? So anyone, who reaches 3k gets 3 mech bays. Or anyone that reaches a match score (the one you see in-game) of over 100 can choose a cockpit item?

Because leader boards payout to less then 0.1% of the player base. Which would be great to reward those players but we all know the top 5 positions are farmed through exploitation.

#58 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

I guess I will try to elite Flame and Fang this weekend (I got them at half price a few weeks before Clans dropped and have not found the time to finish them yet)

#59 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 04 June 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

I like how this event is truly about the worst of the hero mechs. It's so obviously transparent.

Oh so cynical. Really, they are going to run a bunch of events to cover all the hero mechs.......so that if you want to participate in all of them you have to buy a lot of their crappy overpriced robots.

Before they nerf them, again.

and sell you another package with awesome mechs

Then nerf them

then run competitions to encourage those that missed out to buy them etc etc etc infinitum.

And still we won't have a mechlab that works intuitively, or functional AI, or regional servers.

until one day Star citizen gets released, everyone stops caring and the once great franchise sinks into obscurity.

.............Until a pair of clever programmers make a star citizen Mech TC. And the circle is complete.

#60 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:57 AM

Thank god, an event i can ignore.
not cw
only pub
only mechs i don t have and won t buy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic