I Need A Hero Sale

46 replies to this topic

#41 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

Well I have 3 of them, the Wang, X-5, and Heavy Metal. I think the Wang and X are still really good.

The HM used to be good until Paul destroyed the chassis with JJ nerfpocolypse. It used to be my favorite assault, and I wasn't a "poptarter" in it, but now I wouldn't buy the HM expecting it to be good. It's ok, if you play it like a slow mid-armored heavy. I hope the Highlander chassis gets some reworking in the future, which is really the only reason I hang on to the 3 I have.

The Wang is a good mech. 106 kph with an AC20 and 2 MPL's can be fun. Creates some pandemonium when you slip your Wang into the back side of the enemy team.

I think the X-5 is a great mech. Play it like a tall light, max engine, 2 streaks, BAP, and 3 ML's. Almost heat neutral, and surprisingly agile. Good enemy light repellant.

#42 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 05 June 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Well I have 3 of them, the Wang, X-5, and Heavy Metal. I think the Wang and X are still really good.

The HM used to be good until Paul destroyed the chassis with JJ nerfpocolypse. It used to be my favorite assault, and I wasn't a "poptarter" in it, but now I wouldn't buy the HM expecting it to be good. It's ok, if you play it like a slow mid-armored heavy. I hope the Highlander chassis gets some reworking in the future, which is really the only reason I hang on to the 3 I have.

Same here, never poptarted. I just used my jets to get to interesting places, and run away when the **** hit the fan :P

I have yet to take the 5 JJs off my Heavy metal.... I keep hoping they'll restore it, some day...

#43 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostEldagore, on 05 June 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

You are in no position to comment about Pretty Baby when you do not own a single variant of the chassis, much less PB.
It isn't that PB is worse than other heroes. it is worse then EVERYTHING, and not by a little.

Go ahead, buy one. "It can't be that bad" right?

I said all the Heroes on that list are the "bad" ones. Which will promote a buff to all of them or other ballancing after this weekend.

Is me saying the Pretty baby requires a "buff" such a war crime for you? Okay then, I think this next statement will be better for you:

The Pretty baby is quite overpowered and shouldn't be in a sale designed for bad hero mechs. This thing requires a nerf and shouldn't have been on this sale in the first place.

Better?

#44 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

tHE pRETY bABY IS THE fRANKENSTIEN'S MONSTR OF THIS PACK.
aN D NOT INA GOOD WAY EITHER...
pLEASE FIX IT.
lOVE THE aWESOME, DESPISE THE pb

#45 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Oh thank goodness! As soon as I saw the title I was thinking, "Please let the rewards suck. PLEASE let the rewards suck! I'm too busy for this ****!" And the rewards suck! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

#46 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

People, Oxide is better than you make out.

I don't care what people say, an SRM12 Oxide is an utter MONSTER. The only thing that the Huginn has over it is jump jets, and even then... I'd rather the Oxide. It takes an XL engine better than the Raven does, has a larger alpha, and good luck pinning the thing down. You're just all biased towards the Raven. I might be biased against it, but I don't see anything in the maths that suggests that the metagame SRM8 Huginn is better than the SRM 12 Oxide aside for the rapid-fire SRMs. Overall, I'd fancy my chances in a 1v1 between Oxide and Huginn.

In fact, the only truly "bad" hero mechs on this list are the Pretty Baby and Heavy Metal and that's because... well, they simply don't get loved. Every other hero mech in this list is worthwhile, effective, and in some cases downright fearsome.

The Ilya Murdermets got it's nickname for good reason, while the Wang is still pretty hard and it's AC20 is always ready to blow.

The Death's Knell is an effective scout or assassin, depending on the loadout.

The Dragon heroes... are Dragons, which means they're big, heavily armored medium mechs. Give 'em a bit of speed, a mid-range loadout and they'll repay you.

X-5 is a good light hunter if it's got SSRM2s and a BAP, gives the ECM mechs reason to falter.

I'm looking forward to the event when the Pirate's Bane and Ember go on sale. Those lights have my respect... moreso than the crapbird.

#47 Amer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

View Postjag rip, on 05 June 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

You are aware that you get free mechbays for every faction you level up in CW. The first comes after about 3 good CW games. So 100% off Mechbays ALL the time beats the 50% off every half year IMHO

I've done all lvl2 mechbays, but CW wait time outside of events are too long to do lvl10 ones for each faction, really. I love CW when events are in place, but right now...meh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users