- - - - -

New Ui

9 replies to this topic

#1 Fhaylinks

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

The new UI has effectively broken the game for me. Drop down menus on top of other drop down menus and yet even more drop downs.... It is incredibly irritating to switch resolutions to see anything remotely similar to the latter UI, then having to switch back resolutions to play with a FPS higher than 20.. Where are the Mech Icons/thumbnails? Which drop down show me mechs I can buy??? Is there an Instruction manual available on how to navigate this "worst than Windows 8 UI"? I have enjoyed MWO for a few years now, Now I'm staring at a bunch of mess that makes my eyes hurt and my brain ache, AND WHERE are the mech quirk read outs????? why can't I hover over a Mech and see quirks like before.. maybe all that is hiding behind another drop down?

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

Have you clicked the "mech details" button. That shows the quirks, and other details. Also, purchasing mechs is done in the "store" tab now. You can see full details of the mechs, unlike the old "Store" window.

#3 Broote

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

I cant find a mech details button anywhere. They still have quirks right? I cant find it anywhere..

EDIT: THERE IS A SH*TTY LITTLE ICON NEXT TO "MECH STATS". Click that

Edited by Broote, 04 June 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

I like this UI better than the last one, however the BEST UI IMO so far has been UI0.1.

That UI had all the information you'd want, it was easy to navigate and you could see all a 'Mech's stats at a glance. It has progressively gotten worse and worse in an attempt to make it prettier.

#5 Fhaylinks

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

As a player, I have to want to play MWO bad enough to learn the new UI, which is entirely too busy for me to look at for any amout of time, it hurts my eyes, and gives me a headache... nothing is where it used to be... if its just me, its just me but still, the aggravation is enough for me to put the game down until something is changed, I shouldn't have to look up youtube videos for instructions on how to use a UI for a free to play game. Make changes a little at a time, don't let us get used to something then flip it upside down and turn it inside out, then tell me "Oh its better than the last UI" NOT if the change is to this extreme I mean damn. I could build a mech in 30 secs with the last UI, I sat a stared at this new one for 5 mins and wasn't able to get anything done.

#6 Griffster

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

I have to agree with all of you. I really dislike what has been done to the UI. I still can't find if I have any mechbays open or not. If anyone knows where the is I'd appreciate you sharing. Need to find the book on this crap.

#7 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostBroote, on 04 June 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

I cant find a mech details button anywhere. They still have quirks right? I cant find it anywhere..

EDIT: THERE IS A SH*TTY LITTLE ICON NEXT TO "MECH STATS". Click that

At least you bothered to explore. It is no fun if others have to guide you by the hand.

And Yes, that button is small for me as well, i missed that one while exploring.

Edited by dragnier1, 05 June 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#8 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostGriffster, on 05 June 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

I have to agree with all of you. I really dislike what has been done to the UI. I still can't find if I have any mechbays open or not. If anyone knows where the is I'd appreciate you sharing. Need to find the book on this crap.

Go to "Store", and look under Mechbay. It tells you the exact number of free ones.

#9 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostFhaylinks, on 04 June 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

As a player, I have to want to play MWO bad enough to learn the new UI, which is entirely too busy for me to look at for any amout of time, it hurts my eyes, and gives me a headache... nothing is where it used to be... if its just me, its just me but still, the aggravation is enough for me to put the game down until something is changed, I shouldn't have to look up youtube videos for instructions on how to use a UI for a free to play game. Make changes a little at a time, don't let us get used to something then flip it upside down and turn it inside out, then tell me "Oh its better than the last UI" NOT if the change is to this extreme I mean damn. I could build a mech in 30 secs with the last UI, I sat a stared at this new one for 5 mins and wasn't able to get anything done.

I dont know if this might help you with designing your mech but I made a video on how to use the UI on some questions people were asking about the new UI

#10 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

To answer the quirks question, in the mech select screen, open the section for the. Each whose quirks you want to know. Hover mouse over mech icon, quirks appear.

Alternately they are in the lower right of the expanded mech bay and quirks that effect specific components will be visible if you hover the mouse over the component in the mech bay.

Mech purchase is in the store, you can select mechs and open every section to have the wall back, or you can filter by type, and class. E.g.
Heavy Innersphere.

You can design mechs you own, or do not own with every component, or just those you already own. You can design beyond your current cbills.

Modules can be seen by clicking on mechs you own, though you do have to click on each mech to see the though.

They system is different, but it is as intuitive as anything else and has quite a lot of new functionality. Explore.

Finally, mech spinning can be done on the camo screen, or by collapsing the expanded mech lab into column view.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users