Not All Heroes Event

16 replies to this topic

#1 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

So, I was exited about the Hero event until I saw the list and none of my Hero mechs are on it.

Really PGI?

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Yup, for reals.

Well, you could always pick one up. Their 50% off. Can't go wrong with an Ilya or Wang.

#3 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

It's almost like this whole event was just set in motion to sell certain hero mechs.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 June 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

It's almost like this whole event was just set in motion to sell certain hero mechs.

For sure.

Actually, not a bad way of going about it.

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

They're data collecting, one set at a time.

Easier to do them in waves instead of one huge clump.

I'm sure we'll see a whole series of hero events over the next month.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 June 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

except they are using the rest on the next event (or the one after). SO looks like they are data mining and don't want huge variety.

#7 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

except they are using the rest on the next event (or the one after). SO looks like they are data mining and don't want huge variety.

I don't see how that makes any kind of sense. People play completely differently when a tournament is going on. It's not like these are new hero mechs, so what kind of relevant information would they get from a weekend like this that they didn't have already?

And your initial statement doesn't make any sense to me either. The fact that similar events are coming doesn't mean they're not intended as part of a strategy to sell more hero mechs. I don't consider it a bad thing, but it is what it is.

#8 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Next week guys... next week.

Posted Image

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 June 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

I don't see how that makes any kind of sense. People play completely differently when a tournament is going on. It's not like these are new hero mechs, so what kind of relevant information would they get from a weekend like this that they didn't have already?

And your initial statement doesn't make any sense to me either. The fact that similar events are coming doesn't mean they're not intended as part of a strategy to sell more hero mechs. I don't consider it a bad thing, but it is what it is.

They have used every event to gather data on specific sets. The more people use them, the more they can see if they need buffs or nerfs. Pretty much normal.

You say people play different?

You are right. They play the meta/minmax out of them, and most importantly, they actually PLAY those chassis. So it actually gives a great window into minmax potential for things like quirks, etc.

How do you gather data for a Pretty Baby the rest of the time, when no one plays them? Or TDK, etc. This allows them to see so telemetry to determine what can be done to get them played more.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 June 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#10 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

What Bishop said, and so what if they're using it to make money? It's inline with the idea of the last few events, it's not like it came outta nowhere.

#11 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostTractor Joe, on 05 June 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

So, I was exited about the Hero event until I saw the list and none of my Hero mechs are on it.

Really PGI?

They said they will run other events for the other heroes. A staffmember posted it on the front page of the thread where the Hero event was announced.

Reading the thread on a subject before posting about a thread to whine about it. It's a thing.

Edited by Appogee, 06 June 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#12 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

They have used every event to gather data on specific sets. The more people use them, the more they can see if they need buffs or nerfs. Pretty much normal.

You say people play different?

You are right. They play the meta/minmax out of them, and most importantly, they actually PLAY those chassis. So it actually gives a great window into minmax potential for things like quirks, etc.

How do you gather data for a Pretty Baby the rest of the time, when no one plays them? Or TDK, etc. This allows them to see so telemetry to determine what can be done to get them played more.

Well when the mediums are the best out of the herd.....

#13 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 June 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

What Bishop said, and so what if they're using it to make money? It's inline with the idea of the last few events, it's not like it came outta nowhere.

No one has said that it's a bad thing. But if someone asks why they've limited the event to a certain few hero mechs, then the answer is obviously for the sake of sales. I don't see any other plausible explanation. I don't really mind it, but that's the explanation, as far as I'm concerned.

#14 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 06 June 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

No one has said that it's a bad thing. But if someone asks why they've limited the event to a certain few hero mechs, then the answer is obviously for the sake of sales. I don't see any other plausible explanation. I don't really mind it, but that's the explanation, as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty much, most of the mechs allowed are pretty terrible.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 06 June 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

Well when the mediums are the best out of the herd.....

And 2 of the mediums are being tested this week, more next week, etc. Again, you have 40 options, you get less data on each one. You have 10 options, you get more data. Pretty simple.

View PostAppogee, on 06 June 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

They said they will run other events for the other heroes. A staffmember posted it on the front page of the thread where the Hero event was announced.

Reading the thread on a subject before posting about a thread to whine about it. It's a thing.

What I 'm mostly shocked by is the lack of "P2W" and "I feel excluded" posts this event has produced compared to the Urbanmech one.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

I am kinda tempted to get teh Pretty Baby again. It makes a good Thug.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 June 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I am kinda tempted to get teh Pretty Baby again. It makes a good Thug.

a good thug has the PPCs in the arms and SRMs in the torso so it doesn't have to wonky fire control clusters.

If it wasn't hindered by engine cap, the AWS-8T would be the perfect candidate. But with speed tweak, it can do 66 kph, so actually, it is perfect.
for your "specs perfect" analogue
AWS-8Thug

or for an MWO'd version
AWS-8MWOThuggin'

with the 30% cooldown on the PPCs, and 15% less heat generation, plus the Missiles getting 15% on cooldown and heat, too, it even uses the quirks pretty well.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 June 2015 - 09:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users