3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

Recently within the area the Cicada has woke up, and I'm not talking about the Mech. I'm talking the little annoying insect that I wish would just shut-the-F-up. It has also been driving the residents nuts also, but just in a different way. Emergency Services has been flooded by phone calls about U.F.O.'s and aliens. So the cops have tried to explain to the people living in the area that it is just insects, noisy ones, but just ordinary yet ugly insects. Oops, must be a government conspiracy at work. You can see where this is going can't you.
Yesterday, I had an encounter with a former coworker where I used to work. She has long blonde hair, and was wearing a red blouse with a blue skirt. If someone were to put her picture on the cover of a magazine nearly a quarter of the male population would vanish into the bathroom for five minutes. Well, she spotted me first and started screaming about "He's an Alien and wants to suck out our brains."., with her finger aimed right at me.
Believe me, if brain sucking aliens or the should the zombie apocalypse ever come to pass, I think that a good percentage of the local populous would be safe. Yeah, I used to work with her at the same place where my boss thought that my cell phone contained a death-ray-laser and tried to fire me for having one. (I wish I had one).
All I was after was a case of water from the store when the encounter happened. I was asked not so politely to leave as two muscle bound short-of-I.Q. individuals checked here out for cerebral parasites.
I'm sure this encounter will be all over the local gossip chain which is headquartered at the hair salon. Gotta love it. I'm expecting to see the local neighborhood watch show up anytime on my street, consisting of an old man driving a golf cart, his wife who wears a police scanner and a walkie talkie like sidearms, with a pair of elderly ladies standing up in the back singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" at the top of their lungs any time now. Too bad they can't catch the little thief down the street who likes to see who left their doors unlocked.
If you ask some of residents, the War-of-the-Worlds radio broadcast actually happened and the government is covering it up. God have mercy if you should get caught with a 1st edition D&D Players Handbook (they will be out with pitchforks and torches). As for me, lets just say that I drive them nuts. Some people love to complain that I try to confuse them by using "big" words, too which I say, "You mean words with more than three letters.".
I'm sure there has got to be something in the water supply. Either that or there has been a good crop this year. lol.

#2 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

What exactly IS in the water where you live? Cause it's certainly having some skeeeeeery effects.

Edited by MarineTech, 06 June 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

Lafontaine was wrong:
Dead is the mandible, alive the song.

(c) nabokov

#4 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts